Stranger Things

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 86 total)
  • Author
    Scottywic
    Participant
      @scottywic

Stranger Things | DOF

2.2 Out Now – Massive thanks to TerryRed for doing his magic on this table and cracking it out. I hope to someday play on a setup that cool. Sooo nice. For all without the MX Dof you will not see any new updates.

2.0 Changes Preview here
      https://youtu.be/EiLuILJJeS8

First off make sure you watch my Stranger Things Pinball Tutorial on YouTube so you got the rules down.

View it here

This is my first VPX original table based on the amazing show Stranger Things by Netflix.

It is built with UltraDMD so make sure you have the latest ultradmd installed & in full color mode!

I want to say thanks to JPSalas for helping me with so many things. His help was invaluable.

Also huge thanks to JrSprad for helping me collect all the great footage used on the DMD!

And thanks to STAT for the crafting up the b2s!

I talked through most all the rules on the video so take a watch there a post your high scores!!!

5 users thanked author for this post.
      randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

This looks neat thanks for sharing here. Will give this a test over the weekend! Need to catch up on all the new realeses :wacko:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

BorgDog
        Participant
          @borgdog
          MemberContributorvip

Very nice work!   :good: Nice layout, will test out more tonight when I get home (work computer not up to it).

BorgDog
          Participant
            @borgdog
            MemberContributorvip

Very nice start, spent a little while on my cab (came no where near freeplay’s 60mil+).  A few observations, running version 1.5.

• You are missing material settings on a whole bunch of stuff, I had blue waffles, a blue phone, etc.
            • On the hi score entry I wasn’t sure what to push for the next letter (not start which is usual I believe, it’s launch or enter) so was trying buttons and pressed coin so then it added a coin and went to a display with score not the initial entry, but was still running initial entry in the background had to fumble my way out of it.
            • Was about 200k into a game and don’t think I was in any mode and a ball locked in the magnet in the upper right.  I waited and waited and waited and it never let it go.  So I tilted.  Still didn’t let it go, so had to exit out and start over.
            • In general some of the videos seem a bit long, I got tired of waiting for it to end to start modes, got tired of watching the before high score initial entry scene, got tired of watching the girl walk out of the store at end game, etc.  Was fun to watch the first time (I have not seen the show) but it didn’t seem to want to let me do anything else like skip out of it, or start a new game.. etc

Overall, very nice table, look forward to seeing it move forward, seems to be a fun layout although having to watch an instructional video to know what to shoot for when in find barb for instance may be a bit much, maybe some indicator lights for that?

BorgDog
            Participant
              @borgdog
              MemberContributorvip

Oh, and i found a couple waffle 3d models on line to use as bumper caps.. one with butter..mmmm.  Attached.

Attachments:
              1 user thanked author for this post.
              Scottywic
              Participant
                @scottywic
                • Thanks I fixed the lock glitch in 1.6 but didn’t release it yet. I’ll do those material issues and look at these waffles tonight. I really appreciate your feedback.
                • There are a bunch of lit lights on the locks and multiball. But what else do you think would connect the locks and jackpots better ?

freelunch
                Participant
                  @freelunch
                  • There are a bunch of lit lights on the locks and multiball. But what else do you think would connect the locks and jackpots better ?

I didn’t think about this as I already read how the table worked before I first played, but for anyone who doesn’t already know what they’re doing, I’d say make all the drop targets that start locks and modes flash. The locks and jackpots flash to guide the player already so I think that’s fine, but the default table state has no flashing shot guides until you’ve already dropped the targets for a lock or for the lower playfield.

freelunch
                  Participant
                    @freelunch

And if that looks too busy, maybe the DMD could say “hit drop targets” or something on a new game or idle state.

Scottywic
                    Participant
                      @scottywic

check out 1.6 that’s going up. All concerns addressed, sans the too long vids part as I’m partial to em.

Thanks for the waffles they look pretty cool.

toxie
                      Participant
                        @toxie
                        VP DEVMember

i only always get a (broken) 166byte length download offered. all other downloads from the site are fine though.

???

toxie
                        Participant
                          @toxie
                          VP DEVMember

hmmm.. only if i select all three things, then it works.. if i only select two or one of the files then i get the 166b thingie..

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

The check boxes is a new idea instead of a drop down I will check and make sure it’s working correctly

********************************************************
                            Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                            for IOS and Android

********************************************************

BorgDog
                            Participant
                              @borgdog
                              MemberContributorvip

check out 1.6 that’s going up. All concerns addressed, sans the too long vids part as I’m partial to em. Thanks for the waffles they look pretty cool.

Did a few quick runs this morning, looking good.

I did a quick look and it doesn’t look like you have any default high scores set?  Maybe set some of those so some of the crappy games I get don’t trigger that (and it’s long vid  B-)  ).  I manually edited the high scores so I wouldn’t get those unless I did real well.

Did you purposely set the walls under the apron so you can’t see the ball draining to the center when you drain in the outlanes?  I moved them up so I could see the ball rolling instead of just nothing for a second or two (seems like a long time).

I’ll have to pay attention to the lights more during multi-ball to see what’s going on with that, watched the instruction video again so I think I have it a little better down.

Scottywic
                              Participant
                                @scottywic

Good point on the high scores. I’ve set that now. Yeah i could move the walls up. I hadn’t really thought about it really.

BorgDog
                                Participant
                                  @borgdog
                                  MemberContributorvip

I spent a couple hours playing this tonight, that’s the longest I’ve played any one VP table in a long time.  :good:  clean, straight forward, flows well, not overly complicated, but far from easy, all good things in my book, very well done. I have not yet been able to save will, that 4 ball multiball is fun though.

freelunch
                                  Participant
                                    @freelunch

I spent a couple hours playing this tonight, that’s the longest I’ve played any one VP table in a long time. :good: clean, straight forward, flows well, not overly complicated, but far from easy, all good things in my book, very well done. I have not yet been able to save will, that 4 ball multiball is fun though.

Saving Will is the hardest of the first 3 modes. I have only done it a couple times by ignoring the Run and Barb multiball modes.

BorgDog
                                    Participant
                                      @borgdog
                                      MemberContributorvip

Just a couple niggly little things, you are missing the plunger CustomBlackTip image, so the plunger is all white due to material, and I’m not sure how you have it setup, but the eggo count seems to be way behind, like sometimes I drain and then it counts several eggo and I don’t even remember the last time I was there.  maybe if you can have it so that if so much time has gone by it takes those out of the queue or something.  Oh, and that gate by the plunger is a pet peeve of mine, not a big deal if you want to leave it the way it is but I just turn visibility off on it, it really shows up on the cab, and it seems to be just hanging in mid air.

BorgDog
                                      Participant
                                        @borgdog
                                        MemberContributorvip

Still hitting this up regularly, did manage to finally save Will today, got me to a 68+million game.  Started both Run and Barb during the game but wasn’t able to complete either, maybe someday I’ll get all 3 in the same game.

Scottywic
                                        Participant
                                          @scottywic

wow. nice game man. My best is still 54mil

roar
                                          Participant
                                            @roar

Anyone make any progress on getting DOF working? I finally got this installed and it plays great! I just miss my solenoids clacking away :)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 86 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?