Stranger Things

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 86 total)
  • Author
    Scottywic
    Participant
      @scottywic

Yeah so i did go into a couple other originals and mimic their code in the latest version. So there are a bunch of defined DOF endpoints, but after that I have no idea what’s needed. I don’t have DOF on my cab so I’m still a bit in the dark as to what I need to do to get that fireing for everyone. Any help would be appreciate. I’m happy to do the work, i just am not sure what to do or how to test it yet… newbie.

BorgDog
      Participant
        @borgdog
        MemberContributorvip

@arngrim will need to add a entry to the config tool before it will do anything. http://configtool.vpuniverse.com/login.php

Arngrim
        Participant
          @arngrim
          DOF MinisterMember

so i’m the one doing the dof configs for 99% tables for about 4 years now, so i can dof that table as well, if help is needed, and i created the entry in the configtool ;)

Thalamus
            @thalamus
            ContributorMemberModerator

Arngrim, you should post a blog about how to do this stuff.

Scottywic
            Participant
              @scottywic

cool, looks like someone already added it.

And I have all the dof calls in the code. but i guess we need to add them into the config tool as well. I can always look into that for a 2.0 or someone else can nab it for me if they have time.

Ginsonic
              Participant
                @ginsonic

so i’m the one doing the dof configs for 99% tables for about 4 years now, so i can dof that table as well, if help is needed, and i created the entry in the configtool ;)

@Arngrim
                : Is it really possible to add a table for himself ? I already looked for this but could not find a way yet.

@Scottywic
                : I just inserted some values for your table in my DOF config account according to your code entries. I will test them in the evening, maybe I can submit them later on.

Arngrim
                Participant
                  @arngrim
                  DOF MinisterMember

nope, it’s not possible to add a private table, but whenever someone ask me to add one, i do it

i need to find time to write or record or tutorial, just changed of job earlier this month, and i’m treated like a senior while i’m learning new technologies, so it’ll come one day but not for nor now

Ginsonic
                  Participant
                    @ginsonic

Thanks for your answer and good luck for your new job !

Scottywic
                    Participant
                      @scottywic

Also just as a note I have a 2.0 of this table in the works, but it’s still a ways off. Looking to add a rom config platform managed through the dmd, flashers/more of a light show, movement on items (truck shakes when you hit run etc), and a bunch of DMD/ timing tweaks.  This is just a bit behind as I’m working to finish off another original that is about 90% complete and then I’ll be back to 2.0 on this one. But yeah having the DOF working would be killer, I just need a better cab at my house so i can test those things in real time. I pretty much copied much of JP’s Slimer DOF calls into my code in similar areas – values are a bit diff – but i figured those would be close. The latest version has all those, but again if they’re wrong or formatted incorrectly just let me know as i just kinda copied things without really knowing hah.

Ginsonic
                      Participant
                        @ginsonic

@Scottywic:

If you approve it, I will try to implement some additional DOF commands in the latest released table’s script and update the DOF config on Arngrims site. When I have a stable version, I will send you all the changes, so that you can release a new minor table version (or a final v2.0) and Arngrim can make the configuration public. In my cab I have a fully configured DOF equipment, so I can do realtime tests.

Deal ;-) ?

roar
                        Participant
                          @roar

I was thinking about trying to figure this out on my own and was going to base it on JP’s Ghostbuster’s table which is in the DOF Config… but then I got the call that my basement finishing project is about to begin so I had to fold the table up and put it away… no Vpinball for me for about 4-6 weeks I say.

Scottywic
                          Participant
                            @scottywic

@ginsonic definitely. Sounds awesome. You could make your changes and then just send me a Diff Checker – https://www.diffchecker.com/ and that would allow me easily to see all your changes in place and easily implement.

Thanks bud, I really appreciate your help.

Ginsonic
                            Participant
                              @ginsonic

Great  :good:  ! And of course I will send you a diff file !

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

Thank you for the updates!

********************************************************
                                Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Arngrim
                                Participant
                                  @arngrim
                                  DOF MinisterMember

spent 3 hours to fix the dof in the table yesterday, a lot had to be fixed, adjusted, added, so the new version of the table and the dof config could be published, so at least I mention my name somewhere   ;-)

2 users thanked author for this post.
                                  Scottywic
                                  Participant
                                    @scottywic

sorry bud, I didn’t know that. I’ve added credit to you.

Thanks again bud.  You are def a silent warrior, some mad dedication.

Ginsonic
                                    Participant
                                      @ginsonic

It is not for me to give you credits Arngrim, but I am glad, that you corrected my first DOF config, it helped me much to learn ! Thanks for your great work  :good:

Arngrim
                                      Participant
                                        @arngrim
                                        DOF MinisterMember

thanks guys, teamwork ;)

Scottywic
                                        Participant
                                          @scottywic

version 1.91 now online!

senseless
                                          Participant
                                            @senseless

Thanks a bunch for this really original table, I love to play it. I only seem to have difficulty with the dmd animations and feedback. Every now and than they disappear and don’t show up anymore. This happens after playing some games and without the dmd feedback it is really difficult to guess what is going on. Example is when you have barb multiball but the dmd doesn’t show it. It takes a long time and the dmd stays black.

Anyone experience this also? Tested other UltraDMD tables like AMH but no issues there.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 86 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?