Stranger Things

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 86 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

Let’s just say this, you should stock up on Parmesan Cheese and Crushed Red Pepper.

Dominos pinball?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

Scottywic
      Participant
        @scottywic

Let’s just say this, you should stock up on Parmesan Cheese and Crushed Red Pepper.

Dominos pinball?

Nah this one will be all original so I’ve got a long ways to go, as I’ll be recording all the voices and such. I’ve almost got the playfield/shots worked out and the art started but yeah.. it’ll be a bit.

doogie
        Participant
          @doogie

hmm this error should have been fixed w/ the dmd. ultradmd has some bugs around wmvs still but I felt most had been fixed in my script.

As a general when the DMD goes black what that means is that another DMD scene played all the way to the end, which currently breaks it. So what i’ve done is make all the wmvs a few seconds longer and then use the dmd script to do the clipping for me. So if it’s a 21 sec scene i leave the wmv at 23 and then set the dmd call to be for 21000. Anyways i only realized this after i was mostly done with the table so there might be a random scene that isn’t clipping soon enough. If someone can tell me when it starts to break then I can easily find the clip that isn’t right.

I have this problem because I had to increase the duration due to running at 120hz, otherwise the video cuts off halfway through.  The file is still “playing” I guess for the full duration though, so after a few videos nothing will play after that. Do you know if anyone is looking into the UltraDMD issues with videos?

Scottywic
          Participant
            @scottywic

I know that the ultradmd team is aware of this issue, but I’m not sure about it changing. I know others have just set to run it at a different hz. But unfortunately there’s not really anything I can do about it in the code that I know of. Sorry. JP originally found this issue a good 4 months ago or so and has been speaking with them about it.

Scottywic
            Participant
              @scottywic

I am seeing some performance issue’s compared to 1.91. This is similar to the issue I have reported to JP regarding Ghostbusters and Mortal Kombat II. I am getting 230+ fps and fps is not dropping, but the ball motion is not as smooth and the previous version. The ball judders, or disappears for a millisecond. I had the same problem with the latest version of Ghostbusters and Mortal Kombat II, but earlier versions play fine. JP has been looking at this, but this has just confirmed that it must be something in the DOF script that impacts performance when using UltraDMD. The table is amazing, so I hope this can be fixed. :good: Would it be possible to add an option in the script to turn off DOF if not needed?

But 1.91  had all the same DOF. That was the initial launch of the DOF version. It is possible I could do an on and off of the scripting though. It’d be a ton of work but let me see.

Scottywic
              Participant
                @scottywic

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=37278&p=372500

one thing that did change in this latest version in relation to those was that I set some of the audio to be BGout. Maybe your audio setup is struggling with that? I’m not sure that is even a thing but that was a change between these versions. I mean not too much was changed so we should be able to find the issue.

‘ v2.0 – I’ve missed some here but I’ll try to remember what I can, there was alot. ‘ Orbital rom config built and added, b2s light show, BG out audio for DOF peeps ‘ ball save timer doesn’t start until actaully launched, first place is grand champion, out lanes activate ball save and don’t have to wait for drain, ‘ auto plunge on multi & ball save given a defined strength, nancy & steve clips randomized on hit, extra ball requirements dropped, ‘ high scores reworked, game over scene reworked & skippable.intro scenes are all skippable now in a loop

TerryRed
                  @terryred
                  MemberContributorModerator

I don’t know much about the limitations of UltraDMD…. but is there any way to have it render higher than 128×32, and therefor play higher quality videos. It’s such a bummer that your amazing work has to be limited by that resolution.

Thalamus
                    @thalamus
                    ContributorMemberModerator

Thank you Scotty for this update, and I’m looking forward to your see what you have in store for us :)

Scottywic
                    Participant
                      @scottywic

I don’t know much about the limitations of UltraDMD…. but is there any way to have it render higher than 128×32, and therefor play higher quality videos. It’s such a bummer that your amazing work has to be limited by that resolution.

It is a bummer to have these juicy hd vids and then work to convert them down. But at the current there isn’t a way that I know of. I’d really love to push that envelope as it would require no more work out of me if it were available but alas that’s not really my area of coding, i’m more of the creative. If someone can help me find that solution i would very happily use it.

Thanks for the kind words @TerryRed, I marvel at the work you do on your cabs, it’s magical. I wish it was here in Denver, there is a big pinball show and they want me to bring up ST and diablo, but my cab sucks.

TerryRed
                        @terryred

OK…so with Stranger Things Season 2 about to start… I thought something could use an addressable leds update! I asked ScottyWic if it would be ok for me to add custom addressable leds triggers to the table and DOF MX code to the table script and he said go for it!

So I did!

Note, I didn’t replace or change the normal DOF (I did fix a couple DOF trigger errors). I added completely different trigger commands and “E” numbers used only for DOF MX leds.   This allowed me to do whatever I wanted without interfering with what was already there.  It also allows anyone who doesn’t like what I did to simply erase the “MX commands” for their custom config for the table in DOF Config Tool…and simply “Generate Basic MX Config” to go back to the Basic MX Flashers emulation….but who would want that?  ;)

The new table version 2.2 (with my DOF MX updates) was submitted to ScottyWic, so he’ll be uploading it to the site soon.  I also submitted the “all new”  DOF MX commands to DOF Config Tool (which REQUIRES 2.2) and is awaiting approval.

What would a TerryRed update be without a video….  here is a demo of my DOF MX mod of Stranger Things 2.2:

Thalamus
                          @thalamus
                          ContributorMemberModerator

This is a really nice mod to a already nice original table. Still not ordered addressable leds, but as I said in the Avatar thread. You might win me over one day.

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

this looks great! thanks guys!

********************************************************
                            for IOS and Android

randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

Update! Nice! This should be very interesting thank you.

for IOS and Android

TerryRed
                                @terryred

Crap.

I forgot to remove the last of the manual ball roller script. So if you press C you will get an error. Otherwise the table is fine. Sorry about that. I’ve sent the fix to Scotty, but it might be next week before he sees it.

Just look for the 2 sections in the script called “manual ball” under the “KEYS” section, and remove those two sections to fix it in the mean time.

Sorry about that.

randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

Tried this out last night and the effects are a great addition to the tables. Thanks guys :good:

for IOS and Android

Mark70
                                  Participant
                                    @mark70

It looks very nice Terry. I have no clue about these adressable LEDs but I always like it when I see it in one of your or Randr’s videos.
                                    I hope I can learn more about it this fall/winter. Is there a good starting point to see what is needed etc?

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

BEST place for info: http://pinball.weilenmann.net/docu/DirectOutputWIP/index.html

for IOS and Android

THE MAGICIAN
                                      Participant
                                        @themagician

Ball moves slow when lights flash. Any ideas?

Psmiraglia
                                        Participant
                                          @psmiraglia

newest file is named 2.1 would that be the 2.2 version, or has that one not been published yet?

randr
                                          Keymaster
                                            @randr
                                            ModeratorMember

Looks like 2.21 is latest here

for IOS and Android

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 86 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?