Tales of the Arabian Nights (Williams 1996)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    bassgeige
    Participant
      @bassgeige

http://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=76512

Fantasy dB2S.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

275Mb db2s ???? This must be a resource hog ?

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

I think it’s 4 different flavors

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

xenonph
          Participant
            @xenonph
            MemberContributor

All your backglasses look great!!

I do however have a question for anyone who can answer.

I was never able to get these huge sized db2s backglasses to work with my dB2SDT mods.

The backglass always took too much time to load for the “built into script app” to keep it on same screen as table.

I never noticed any lag during game when using your backglasses, they just load very slow at game start and therefore are not viable backglass candidates for my dB2SDT mods. (Which is killing me because they are great backglasses!!)

I love all your work Bassgeige and appreciate all you have shared with this pinball community!!

Can I ask what exactly is making these files so big? Is it the size of the picture?

When the backglass file is bigger or almost as big as the table itself, it makes you wonder what is put into these backglasses that is making the file size so huge?

Appreciate any info regarding this matter.

And thanks again for these great dB2S backglasses!!

Carry on my friend!!

HauntFreaks
              @hauntfreaks
              vipContributorMember

All your backglasses look great!! I do however have a question for anyone who can answer. I was never able to get these huge sized db2s backglasses to work with my dB2SDT mods. The backglass always took too much time to load for the “built into script app” to keep it on same screen as table. I never noticed any lag during game when using your backglasses, they just load very slow at game start and therefore are not viable backglass candidates for my dB2SDT mods. (Which is killing me because they are great backglasses!!) I love all your work Bassgeige and appreciate all you have shared with this pinball community!! Can I ask what exactly is making these files so big? Is it the size of the picture? When the backglass file is bigger or almost as big as the table itself, it makes you wonder what is put into these backglasses that is making the file size so huge? Appreciate any info regarding this matter. And thanks again for these great dB2S backglasses!! Carry on my friend!!

its two things, the size of the BG image, and tons of lights….

rothbauerw
                @rothbauerw
                ModeratorContributorMembervip

All the more reason to get backglasses moved into vp.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

bassgeige
                Participant
                  @bassgeige

There are more solutions for different dB2S results. I always tried to find a solution for the impression I like to see. Every solution does have their pros and cons. I am glad you like it! I am also very happy to contribute to the community of pinball enthusiasts. I always tried different methods and received always constructive reviews over the time. Sometimes it is the best compromise technical wise and also reasoned by the spare time I have to finish one dB2S. The journey is never over and for me the pleasure is the most important part as I am not in a contest and sometimes need to let a dB2S project resting until I find the leisure to continue it. :heart:

I am absolutely sure there is a solution for your description as the pc system load from the dB2S is not demanding. I think I tested it one time and it was below the 2 % range. I am glad if I am able to help to solve it. Have fun! :yahoo:   :yes:

bassgeige
                  Participant
                    @bassgeige

Maybe someone with a fast ssd should check it. My ssd is not slow but the cpu is a bit outdated and meltdown and spectre do also not help for the speed rate. Does the built into script app mean it could use a finetuned delay setting? Xenonph lets try to improve the dB2S usage for your dB2SDT mods! Maybe the developers are not aware and informed about this behaviour and it is maybe just a few more code lines from a solution away! Thank you for the information my friend I will ask for help too! :)

xenonph
                    Participant
                      @xenonph
                      MemberContributor

Come to think about it, I think it has more to do with my CPU on this Windows Vista 64bit, than the size of the backglasses.

Because when I try them on my Win 10 with an SSD, they load right up!!

5 Stars my friend!! they are great!!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                    Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?