The Addams Family (Bally 1992)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 237 total)
  • Author
    Sliderpoint
    Participant
      @sliderpoint
      MemberContributor

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/the-addams-family-bw-table-mod/

The Addams Family pup-pack based on the 1960’s TV series.  B&W table mod also included to complete the look!   I sure had fun creating this one, Enjoy!

Plenty of people to thank for helping bring this all together.

Thank you to:

Joey Beaulieu for his usual stellar work on the pup-pack art and overlay. Harlan Russo for the amazing AE animations for the pup-pack and that killer intro! A very special thank you to Sliderpoint and the G5K team, for their permission to modify the original masterpiece “The Addams Family” table. Thanks also to these contributors who helped with modifications for this special pack:  3rd axis and slydog43 for creating the B&W dmd mod and working on everything, Goldchicco for all the B&W element work on the table mod.  Special thanks also to Joey Beaulieu for the original B2s artwork and Chucky87 for creating the working B2s.

Total of 33 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Will check this out ASAP :) thanks for sharing!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Marc
        Participant
          @marcdaddy

I cant get this to Rotate in my Cab, Do you need to change it in the script?

1 user thanked author for this post.
          Eddie
          Participant
            @kizam33

Open table but don’t hit play. Click on Backdrop and Options.
            Change the XY Rotation to 270. That should get it cab ready but then you have to adjust all the other ones to fit your screen the way you want it.

Sliderpoint
            Participant
              @sliderpoint
              MemberContributor

Updated to V1.2

-Mike

4 users thanked author for this post.
              TNT2
              Participant
                @tnt2

Awesome. The polar bear’s eyes light up. Lots of other improvements but that was the first thing I noticed. :good:

markrock76
                Participant
                  @markrock76

Thanks for an update to an already awesome table!

Pinbolt
                  Participant
                    @pinbolt

Thank you for the update.

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

SWEET! thank you!

for IOS and Android

wrd1972
                      Participant
                        @wrd1972
                        MembervipContributor

Is it just me. Or are the PF inserts lights not working?

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

Scotty VH
                          @scottt
                          ModeratorMember

Wow!  Great update, Sliderpoint.  I can see that there are many improvements.  Can you describe the changes so I can make sure to take notice?

Sliderpoint
                          Participant
                            @sliderpoint
                            MemberContributor

@wrd1972  They seem to be working for me.  Maybe some else can also verify?

@ScottVH  From Changelog

<span style=”color: #777777; font-family: Roboto; font-size: 13px; line-height: 26px; background-color: #f5f5f5;”>V1.2 – best use with VPX 10.2 beta Graphics update for better visuals and more details Minor Physics tweaks Added a “Thing Trainer” option in the script.  This allows the table to “self play” while shooting a bunch of swamp shots to try to get Thing Flips to be more accurate.  I’m not convinced Vpinmame actually emulates this, but if so this should make Thing more accurate over time.</span>

More detail is: changed environment image, flasher lights, added microswitch details, wires, tried to fix ball drop sounds, changed physics, and probably others that I don’t recall.

-Mike

randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

inserts work fine. though it has this strange portrait mode! LMAO!!! well i will let that slide as table looks amazing!

********************************************************
                              for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Drybonz
                              Participant
                                @drybonz

though it has this strange portrait mode! LMAO!!!

Hm… looks right to me.    B-)

wrd1972
                                Participant
                                  @wrd1972
                                  MembervipContributor

Okay. I have not yet attempted 10.2 since I have been working on tables. So that must be the issue.,

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

Clark Kent
                                  Participant
                                    @clarkkent
                                    MemberContributor

Nice release! Physics is good and plays fine although I think the friction feels just a little bit too high but I haven’t checked further. The only thing I noticed is that the left flipper is lower than the right one, maybe you should move it up to the same height.

If you need, I’ve all scanned plastics for even better visual quality. Let me know if you need anything.

Clark Kent
                                    Participant
                                      @clarkkent
                                      MemberContributor

I just looked closely and found the reason: You accidentally set the playfield friction way too high, 0.65 instead of maybe 0.065.

I found several other things like false hitheights at all rubbers, too strong plunger for analogue plungers, slightly incorrect flippers positions (also reduced length just a little bit and adjusted physics) and added a backboard from my collection. I corrected the inlanes area a little bit, too. And added a nice fullscreen view.

If I may, here is the corrected file to save you some of the boring work:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eo1ytsjcu20n7t4/The%20Addams%20Family%20VP10%201.2.1.rar?dl=0

If you do bot like it, I’ll remove the link immediately.

Sliderpoint
                                      Participant
                                        @sliderpoint
                                        MemberContributor

To be clear, I did not “accidentally” do anything. All of the setting are scaled up; not too high as you suggest. I find the ball just constantly spins when playfield friction is that low, and then it has in inaccurate interactions with other objects as a result.

You are welcome to put out whatever you like. I just disagree that they are more realistic settings.

-Mike

Clark Kent
                                        Participant
                                          @clarkkent
                                          MemberContributor

It’s just the settings recommendd by Mukuste. They work very well n other tables. You do not have to use them but all others corrections are necessary to get an error free gameplay – or was it by intention that the hitheight of the rubbers were lower than the middle of the ball?

Sliderpoint
                                          Participant
                                            @sliderpoint
                                            MemberContributor

As far as what was recommended by mukuste, his physics still needed lots of adjusting and were not final (per him).  They were head and shoulders better than VP9 and were a adopted as a good starting place for VPX Beta.  He got his feelings hurt and left and never finished anything.  Current devs have made changes to the physics since then, so the recommendations are not 100% current any longer.  Ball spin is still a problem along with the ball sliding around the table instead of rolling. These settings are my attempt to overcome those issues.  They aren’t perfect, but I’m not going to accept others recommendations as gospel when they have glaring issues.

If you get an ERROR please post a screenshot and I will try to fix that.

I’m pretty sure all of the collidable rubber objects are supposed be set between 5 and 6 units higher than middle of the ball.   If you found one that is not, let me know.

EDIT: I see what you mean by hit height,  I believe that was a setting that was introduced long after I first made the table.  The aren’t LOWER as you said, but still not where they should be.  I’ll see about raising those.

-Mike

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 237 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?