The Addams Family (Bally 1992)

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 237 total)
  • Author
    vogliadicane
    Participant
      @vogliadicane

nice I like a lot the gold edition. Anyways, spooky is, that the hand fetches a silver ball :yes: but that’s quite ok for this family ;-)

Quickly made a “Gold” wheel image:

Attachments:
      gavb73
      Participant
        @gavb73

Great mods, great table. Thanks

Mark70
        Participant
          @mark70

Thanks for the update, and thanks for keeping the gold and regular version separate!

Smoke.007
          Participant
            @smoke-007

I too was having the double sounds or stuttering for both tables on vpinmame 2.8.  I updated to 2.8b, but that alone didn’t fix it.  Next I deleted my taf_l7.nv and tafg_lx3.nv nvram files along with the corresponding .cfg files for good measure.  :)  That fixed the sound problem.  Thank you, great tables!

Andypc
            Participant
              @andypc

I am getting bad screen tearing on just on the box at the back with the hand in (more noticeable on gold). I am getting this with adaptive Vsync turned on even though I am not dropping below 60fps? I don’t see it anywhere else. I find normal Vsync makes the motion of the ball less smooth. Running 10.2 and 2.8b on an I5 4690@3.5Ghz with a GTX 950. Any suggestions. Without Vsync I average 230fps.

newjersey
              Participant
                @newjersey

thank you, i like that Gold Collectors Edition, it feels Exclusive :)
                just one thing i’ve noticed, when you lock the ball with Thing, the ball is actually silver.
                not that i mind or anything, i just noticed it.

Drybonz
                Participant
                  @drybonz

I’m having a strange problem that this table is losing focus to the backglass when it starts.  This is the only table I have that still does this, since DJRobX’s recent fix for fullscreen.  I was just wondering if I have some weird problem on my end, or if maybe some kind of “alt-tab” was coded into this somehow?  Thanks for the help.

Ark Malmeida
                  Participant
                    @arkmalmeida

I’m having a strange problem that this table is losing focus to the backglass when it starts. This is the only table I have that still does this, since DJRobX’s recent fix for fullscreen. I was just wondering if I have some weird problem on my end, or if maybe some kind of “alt-tab” was coded into this somehow? Thanks for the help.

I have the same problem (mentioned it earlier in this thread).  Haven’t been able to figure out what’s going on, so I just have to alt-tab when starting it up.

Ginsonic
                    Participant
                      @ginsonic

I had the same annoying problem !

Try to remove (or set comment) at line 86 (Controller.Hidden = 0) in the script. This fixed it for me !

like this:

If DesktopMode = True THEN
                      ‘ If cNewController = 1 Then
                      ‘ Controller.Hidden = 0
                      ‘ Else
                      ‘ Controller.Hidden = 0
                      ‘ End If
                      L81.Visible = True
                      L82.Visible = True
                      L83.Visible = True
                      L84.Visible = True
                      L85.Visible = True
                      L86.Visible = True
                      L87.Visible = True
                      Incline = Table1.Inclination

Else
                      ‘ Controller.Hidden = 0
                      L81.Visible = False
                      L82.Visible = False
                      L83.Visible = False
                      L84.Visible = False
                      L85.Visible = False
                      L86.Visible = False
                      L87.Visible = False
                      Incline = Table1.InclinationFS
                      RailRight.Visible = False
                      RailLeft.Visible = False
                      end If

Drybonz
                      Participant
                        @drybonz

Great… thanks for the tip.  I’ll give it a shot.  Hope it doesn’t break something else.

Ginsonic
                        Participant
                          @ginsonic

If you comment out this single line only, it is reversable, and the possibility of side effects is very low  ;-)

Drybonz
                          Participant
                            @drybonz

It definitely fixes it… just tried it.  Maybe Sliderpoint can comment and tell us if we need that line for anything else.

Ginsonic
                            Participant
                              @ginsonic

The line enables DMD display explicitely for FS view. Since it is enabled anyway, the line is useless in that case.

Drybonz
                              Participant
                                @drybonz

Ah ok… so the second time it’s being enabled it’s losing focus.  Thanks again for the help.

Ginsonic
                                Participant
                                  @ginsonic

Ah ok… so the second time it’s being enabled it’s losing focus. Thanks again for the help.

Exactly ! You’re welcome  :-)

BTW: There are some other tables floating around, which have the same behaviour, in that case always check DMD activation in the script !

Sliderpoint
                                  Participant
                                    @sliderpoint
                                    MemberContributor

Sorry, just read through here.  Yeah, commenting the line won’t do any harm.  It was setup that way because I do builds on a laptop but I still have a second screen which I run the b2s on at the same time as viewing the desktop mode, so it’s weird.  I believe the original idea was to hide the DMD if the b2s is running because in desktop mode I had a VPMDMD textbox.  I had it not hide because of the whole DT with b2s testing stuff.

Anyways, glad you found the problem.

-Mike

Drybonz
                                    Participant
                                      @drybonz

No worries, Mike… I was afraid I had some weird bug to track down so I was glad it was a simple thing.

Arngrim
                                      Participant
                                        @arngrim
                                        DOF MinisterMember

did somebody else notice there is a delay when the upper right flipper is triggered, compared to the right flipper, they should be in sync, this is making the shots to the left ramp, or the train very difficult because we have to anticipate the shot to compensate the delay.

i don’t know if this is controlled by the physics parameters of the flipper1, don’t understand the physic settings, or if it is a vpm problem, because it is a different solenoid than the flipper solenoid themselves

grunger
                                        Participant
                                          @grunger

did somebody else notice there is a delay when the upper right flipper is triggered, compared to the right flipper, they should be in sync, this is making the shots to the left ramp, or the train very difficult because we have to anticipate the shot to compensate the delay. i don’t know if this is controlled by the physics parameters of the flipper1, don’t understand the physic settings, or if it is a vpm problem, because it is a different solenoid than the flipper solenoid themselves

Ah – I noticed I couldn’t hit the train very often! That would be why!

STAT
                                          Participant
                                            @stefanaustria
                                            MemberContributor

Thats true, some of the Phys Settings at Flipper1 are different to the Main Flippers …
                                            Maybe you want to try this Settings at Options/Flipper1 …
                                            Note: havent tested before …

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 237 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?