This topic contains 179 replies, has 42 voices, and was last updated by  HauntFreaks 3 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 180 total)
  • Author
     Drybonz 
    Participant

i will see if it fixes audio thanks

Some people were reporting a resurgence of the double sound issue with the 2.8 official VPM.  Toxie did a 2.8b with fixes, I think… check the official VPM alpha/beta thread at VPF.

Some users who have liked this topic:

Ark Malmeida 
    Participant

Try running without the full-screen mode. Then when the table is running press F6 to bring up the options menu and make sure it is NOT set to “Enabled Menu Next Start”. Then switch back to full screen. That is my guess. I don’t use the exclusive full-screen mode so I’m not sure what else to look for. -Mike

That wasn’t it unfortunately.  Really not a big deal as I have a keyboard handy to alt-tab to the visual pinball player, just odd since it’s not happening on any other table.

Very small price to pay to get to play such a great recreation!

vogliadicane 
    Participant

nice I like a lot the gold edition. Anyways, spooky is, that the hand fetches a silver ball :yes: but that’s quite ok for this family ;-)

Quickly made a “Gold” wheel image:

Attachments:
     gavb73 
    Participant

Great mods, great table. Thanks

Mark70 
    Participant

Thanks for the update, and thanks for keeping the gold and regular version separate!

Smoke.007 
    Participant

I too was having the double sounds or stuttering for both tables on vpinmame 2.8.  I updated to 2.8b, but that alone didn’t fix it.  Next I deleted my taf_l7.nv and tafg_lx3.nv nvram files along with the corresponding .cfg files for good measure.  :)  That fixed the sound problem.  Thank you, great tables!

Andypc 
    Participant

I am getting bad screen tearing on just on the box at the back with the hand in (more noticeable on gold). I am getting this with adaptive Vsync turned on even though I am not dropping below 60fps? I don’t see it anywhere else. I find normal Vsync makes the motion of the ball less smooth. Running 10.2 and 2.8b on an I5 4690@3.5Ghz with a GTX 950. Any suggestions. Without Vsync I average 230fps.

newjersey 
    Participant

thank you, i like that Gold Collectors Edition, it feels Exclusive :)
    just one thing i’ve noticed, when you lock the ball with Thing, the ball is actually silver.
    not that i mind or anything, i just noticed it.

Drybonz 
    Participant

I’m having a strange problem that this table is losing focus to the backglass when it starts.  This is the only table I have that still does this, since DJRobX’s recent fix for fullscreen.  I was just wondering if I have some weird problem on my end, or if maybe some kind of “alt-tab” was coded into this somehow?  Thanks for the help.

Ark Malmeida 
    Participant

I’m having a strange problem that this table is losing focus to the backglass when it starts. This is the only table I have that still does this, since DJRobX’s recent fix for fullscreen. I was just wondering if I have some weird problem on my end, or if maybe some kind of “alt-tab” was coded into this somehow? Thanks for the help.

I have the same problem (mentioned it earlier in this thread).  Haven’t been able to figure out what’s going on, so I just have to alt-tab when starting it up.

Ginsonic 
    Participant

I had the same annoying problem !

Try to remove (or set comment) at line 86 (Controller.Hidden = 0) in the script. This fixed it for me !

like this:

If DesktopMode = True THEN
    ‘ If cNewController = 1 Then
    ‘ Controller.Hidden = 0
    ‘ Else
    ‘ Controller.Hidden = 0
    ‘ End If
    L81.Visible = True
    L82.Visible = True
    L83.Visible = True
    L84.Visible = True
    L85.Visible = True
    L86.Visible = True
    L87.Visible = True
    Incline = Table1.Inclination

Else
    ‘ Controller.Hidden = 0
    L81.Visible = False
    L82.Visible = False
    L83.Visible = False
    L84.Visible = False
    L85.Visible = False
    L86.Visible = False
    L87.Visible = False
    Incline = Table1.InclinationFS
    RailRight.Visible = False
    RailLeft.Visible = False
    end If

Drybonz 
    Participant

Great… thanks for the tip.  I’ll give it a shot.  Hope it doesn’t break something else.

Ginsonic 
    Participant

If you comment out this single line only, it is reversable, and the possibility of side effects is very low  ;-)

Drybonz 
    Participant

It definitely fixes it… just tried it.  Maybe Sliderpoint can comment and tell us if we need that line for anything else.

Ginsonic 
    Participant

The line enables DMD display explicitely for FS view. Since it is enabled anyway, the line is useless in that case.

Drybonz 
    Participant

Ah ok… so the second time it’s being enabled it’s losing focus.  Thanks again for the help.

Ginsonic 
    Participant

Ah ok… so the second time it’s being enabled it’s losing focus. Thanks again for the help.

Exactly ! You’re welcome  :-)

BTW: There are some other tables floating around, which have the same behaviour, in that case always check DMD activation in the script !

Sliderpoint 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

Sorry, just read through here.  Yeah, commenting the line won’t do any harm.  It was setup that way because I do builds on a laptop but I still have a second screen which I run the b2s on at the same time as viewing the desktop mode, so it’s weird.  I believe the original idea was to hide the DMD if the b2s is running because in desktop mode I had a VPMDMD textbox.  I had it not hide because of the whole DT with b2s testing stuff.

Anyways, glad you found the problem.

-Mike

Drybonz 
    Participant

No worries, Mike… I was afraid I had some weird bug to track down so I was glad it was a simple thing.

Arngrim 
    Participant
    DOF Minister

did somebody else notice there is a delay when the upper right flipper is triggered, compared to the right flipper, they should be in sync, this is making the shots to the left ramp, or the train very difficult because we have to anticipate the shot to compensate the delay.

i don’t know if this is controlled by the physics parameters of the flipper1, don’t understand the physic settings, or if it is a vpm problem, because it is a different solenoid than the flipper solenoid themselves

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 180 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2017 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account