The Avenger VPX

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    mordroc
    Participant
      @mordroc

Hello everyone.  This table loads fine for me, but I also get the “locating pinballs” error and can’t start a game.  I can insert coins, flip flippers, etc.  I can hear the sound of the ball trough kicker cycling over and over in a loop.  Thanks for any advice or help on this problem.  The table looks great otherwise.  Can’t wait to play it!

DJRobX
        @djrobx
        MemberModerator

Is the version that was uploaded the correct version?   The description says 1.0, but the file inside the archive says it’s a WIP.

Seems to play nicely though on official 10.3 for me, using the avengers color rom (avs_170c).

DJRobX
          @djrobx
          MemberModerator

Thanks for a great table! Most of the time the teseract rotates toward the collision of the ball rather than away from it as you would expect. I had to throw balls at the posts in the player to confirm that what I was seeing is true. Any idea how to correct this? Thanks for your help! AL

The script doesn’t have the center point of the tesseract programmed into it correctly.    Update the two bolded lines in the GetCollisionAngle function:

Function GetCollisionAngle(idx, count, X, Y)
          Dim pi:pi = 3.14159265358979323846
          dim angle, postx, posty, dX, dY
          Dim ang
          angle = (idx) / count * 2 * pi + (pi / 17.6) ‘ added (pi / 17.6) because the first lamp post (18) is not quite at 0 angle
          postx = 510.13 – 60.25 * Cos(angle)  
          posty = 802.58 + 60.25 * Sin(angle)

posty = -1 * posty
          Dim collisionV:Set collisionV = new jVector
          collisionV.SetXY postx – X, posty – Y
          GetCollisionAngle = collisionV.ang
          End Function

2 users thanked author for this post.
          DJRobX
            @djrobx
            MemberModerator

Also, you can make the tesseract spin smoothly very easily, but the “posts” won’t because they’re not part of the primitive. If someone with 3D skills can update the primitive or make another primitive for the posts, we could make the VP posts hidden all the time and get a perfectly smooth spinning tesseract.

For the time being I’ve updated the below lines in SpinTimer_Timer. I find it less objectionable than the jerky animation. I left the base following the posts, it seems to look better that way.

curPos = Int((lampPosition * colLampPoles.Count) / 360)

cube.ObjRotZ = -lampPosition – 12 ‘-curPos*10 ‘ Move above IF condition below to move smoothly.
            cubeb.ObjRotZ = -lampPosition – 12 ‘-curPos*10
            If curPos <> lampLastPos Then
            tessbase.ObjRotZ = -curPos * 10 – 12 ‘ -lampPosition – 12

HauntFreaks
              @hauntfreaks
              vipContributorMember

I made the new tesseract cube itself…. and I could make the bracket, posts and tesseract into one model…. but won’t be able to bake the texture…. (i wouldnt know how)

DJRobX
                @djrobx
                MemberModerator

Its just as easy if the two black posts are separate model…There’s already 3 pieces that move in unison, so a 4th wouldn’t hurt. Then we can just assign it to a rubber texture and be done. :)

ALDiode
                Participant
                  @aldiode

Thanks for that fix. You’ve made my OCD go away (…for now :)

AL

vogliadicane
                  Participant
                    @vogliadicane

Late to the party, but dang, this is a great release! Thanks for this one :good:

Some things I changed for myself:

– Backdrop Y Scale: 1,3 (actually I’d recommend that for all Cab users, the FS view is too wide atm)
                    – Both flipper strenghths: 3500 (Stern Tables do have aggressive flippers)
                    – Gravity Constant: 1
                    – day night slider to almost 0 (this is surely a personal preference, but it looks so good)

All in all I’m happy now and thanks again for this cool stuff. :bye:

HauntFreaks
                      @hauntfreaks
                      vipContributorMember

coming soon…..  ;)

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

@hauntfreaks what is that a amazon Alexa?  :yahoo:

********************************************************
                        Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                        for IOS and Android

HauntFreaks
                          @hauntfreaks
                          vipContributorMember

@hauntfreaks what is that a amazon Alexa? :yahoo:

I dont like to name my butt plugs…. once you give them a name there like pets…   :negative:

HauntFreaks
                            @hauntfreaks
                            vipContributorMember

“butt” seriously…..

randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

Oh!! Nice a rubber post thingy. Very nice

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                              So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                              for IOS and Android

TNT2
                              Participant
                                @tnt2

I thought it was one of those cylindrical subwoofers.  :whistle:

Ben Logan2
                                Participant
                                  @benlogan2

Finally got around to playing this one… for about three hours tonight. Super fun!

Not sure if anyone else’s rom defaults  to “extra hard” for all modes. If so, dive into the menu and make some changes. Makes the game a lot more accessible to mediocre players like me!

I agree that this table looks best set to fully “night” setting.

Great job everyone involved. Killer team effort!

arconovum
                                  Participant
                                    @nicholaschristopher
                                    MemberContributor

I thought it was one of those cylindrical subwoofers. :whistle:

No it’s one of those expensive fancy wifi routers that spin. B-)   … now I’m really excited!

wrd1972
                                    Participant
                                      @wrd1972
                                      MembervipContributor

I still cant get it running. I re-downloaded it and the same thing continues to happen. I then tried deleting the NVRAM and the reg entries, still does it. I am getting the gamename error as if it were not seeing or seeing the wrong ROM. The ROM is named correctly and is zipped just like all of my other SAM tables.

Anyone have any other ideas?

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

CarnyPriest
                                      Participant
                                        @carnypriest

From the download description:

“PLAYERS NOTE (for 2.8 or greater):

To align with official VPinMAME set naming from driver.c, the following were renamed:

Iron Man & Iron Man Vault Edition im2 -> im
                                        X-Men xmen -> xmn
                                        The Avengers avg -> avs
                                        This will also require renaming the rom in VP table scripts”

Are you sure that you are using a rom set named avs_170? Are you sure that the bin file inside the zip is named avs_170? Are you sure the rom set in the script is named avs_170?

robwaade
                                        Participant
                                          @robwaade

i think in script its a different rom if i remember correctly i changed that then it worked

Hanibal
                                          Participant
                                            @darklord

I have made some updates for diemonik.

The flashers are updated, the Tesseract has now 1deg. step, not 10deg. (much smoother), some light update and some small further thinks.

This is the sample for the new flashers…

Attachments:
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 70 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?