The Getaway: High Speed II (Williams 1992)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 86 total)
  • Author
    Drybonz
    Participant
      @drybonz

Is that whole back ramp and engine thing a 3d model?  That looks really good.

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

So I’ve been trying to use the tachometer playfield lights to create MX led effects. Can’t seem to get them to trigger anything in DOF.

Will the table’s Rom automatically (via PinMAME) work to trigger lights with DOF, or would something need to be added to the table’s script to make those lights usable to trigger DOF devices?

TerryRed
          @terryred

Is there a good Pinsound mod for this? Love the nicer quality music in the FP version.

Tantrum has 7 sound mixes that you can choose from. PinSound community forums.

Thanks for that reference.  I just tried his newest mix, and its actually really good. New voices from “professionals” and good zztop remixes as well as new sound effects and more accurate car sounds.

Is there a way to have a copy of the table with no pinsound, and one with in Pinball X?  You can always just copy the and rename the rom, but will DOF pick up on the name difference, and if so how do you rename roms to make sure it will work?

The nice things about Pinsound is…if you dont like a particular sound or music file…just replace it with your own file with the same name.

CarnyPriest
          Participant
            @carnypriest

Use a different rom set. One for PinSound and the other for no PinSound

Mark70
            Participant
              @mark70

These camera settings are looking very good on my cabinet. You find them attached if you want try.

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

Played this last night for first time and plays great! Looks amazing! Thanks again for all the work you put into this.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                for IOS and Android

ganjafarmer
                Participant
                  @ganjafarmer

Is that whole back ramp and engine thing a 3d model? That looks really good.

Yes man, that’s amazing work is done by flupper1.

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

thanks for another update 1.03 now!

for IOS and Android

TerryRed
                      @terryred

Updated to 1.03 and the self-lit ball that the previous versions had for me is gone and now the ball looks much better.  Seems to play even nicer as well.

New DOF update from Arngrim has some nice new lighting including emulated MX flashers.  Sometimes having MX effects (which this table already had some cool MX effects) combined with emulated MX RGB flashers doesn’t always work well together as you get duplicate effects that don’t always look good when combined together. This table it works well most of the time because of the Red Yellow Green traffic light shapes.

The nice thing about DOF Config Tool is, if you don’t like the combined MX effects and MX flashers, you can delete the entire Back PF MX flashers field and only have MX effects…while leaving the RGB flashers to your real RGB lights if you have those as well (like I do).

When I update a tables’s DOF MX, I try to create MX effects for RGB flashers and everything else I can, and if there are any leftover MX flashers still that seem to blend badly with the effects, then I try to relocate those to the side MX to match the table itself.

Maybe if I can’t get the Tachometer lights to trigger anything, I’ll just have the combination of either of the flippers on and plunger lane switch=1 create a Vroom tachometer MX effect.

Pinnutz
                      Participant
                        @pinnutz

I need some help.  The upper right flipper works but the lower main flippers are not working.  All my other tables work.  I have run into this before on a couple other tables.  Is it a DOF thing?  Do I need to install something to support it?  Thanks in advance for any help…

TerryRed
                          @terryred

Soooo. small update on DOF MX… I “CAN” use the tachometer lights now….I must have had a bad hidden string in my excel sheet, because now I have it working…mostly.

I have it so that if the plunger lane switch=1, and either flipper=1, then those tachometer lights will light up a cool DOF MX effects to match so it looks like I have a BIG Tach around my playfield. Just not sure if I should have a “space” between each MX Effects segment or make it continuous.

Only issue is sometimes when things are busy enough, a couple of those DOF MX wont turn off when they should and stay lite until the equivalent light that triggers it goes on and off again. I don’t have the lights “timed” at all, so maybe forcing a timed duration will fix it….

Ben Logan2
                          Participant
                            @benlogan2

Man, this one plays great. Flupper’s work with supercharger and metal ramp textures are top notch. This is one I want to play again and again. I have a real High Speed in the garage, but this VPX versionwill see just as much play!

Thanks for being such a great sport about physics feedback from the community. You’ve got them dailed with 1.3.

Basssiege’s backglass is really exciting. Nice inclusion.

Amazing times for VPX!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                            TerryRed
                              @terryred

I’ve got the Tach working nicely (pain in the ass to sort out). I had the RPM PF lights doing the triggering, but no matter what I tried, sometimes some of the MX Leds would stay lit because of timing issues and allowing the PF lights to do the controlling would cause problems. So I decidied to use my own shift effects that would animate when you hit the flipper with a ball in the plunger lane. Also a big pain because Shift effects don’t have a “reverse” action that you can do when the trigger is off….so I have to create the opposite effect with a Black Shift the goes reverse. The timing for all that was a major pain, (similar to what I had to do for SW DSA lightsabers for FP).

I also have the word VROOM  light up when you rev the engine. It’s a nice combined effect!

I want to try to see if I can have the word “SHIFT” flash when it tells you “SHIFT GEARS!”. The only option is to use the SHIFT light on the playfield to trigger the DOF command. However, I run into the problem of having it flash when the game is over and in attract mode. Do you know of any kind of switch, light, or some other sort of “flag / condition” I can use to control that so it only triggers when in Gameplay? Can we use VBScript / VP conditions to control a DOF command (without editing the table / script)?

TNT2
                              Participant
                                @tnt2

Bravo!

Jodannar
                                Participant
                                  @jodannar

Flippers are still active during the video mode in the latest version. Otherwise fantastic.

Mark70
                                  Participant
                                    @mark70

Either I had a beer to much yesterday, or we now have a nice shaking turbo

Thalamus
                                      @thalamus
                                      ContributorMemberModerator

No, the engine shakes – I noticed it too :good:

TerryRed
                                        @terryred

Yup…another nice addition from Arngrim. Gotta get of my ass and get me a shaker installed.

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

Shaker is a must! I’ve always said that :)

********************************************************
                                          for IOS and Android

********************************************************

TerryRed
                                            @terryred

Shaker is a must! I’ve always said that :)

You would think having 12 “shakers” in my simpit would have inspired me to install that from the beginning in my pincab. Gotta get me a shaker and a gear dammit.  With all the feedback I’ve done with DOFlinx… I always try to get a shaker in each table somehow. I need to experience how I’m scaring the crap out of people. :)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 86 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?