The Incredible Hulk (Gottlieb 1979) S34 mod

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Schreibi34
    Participant
      @schreibi34

The Incredible Hulk (Gottlieb 1979) S34 mod

Big thanks to 32assassin for letting me mod his excellent tables!

More credits:

Big thank you to Francisco for his artwork!

Table mod with a darker setting and the redrawn playfield. There is already an excellent mod out there from hauntfreaks and borgdog including a playfield scan and much more! I wasn’t really sure if i should upload this one just because of that. But the redraw of the playfield is really good, so i thought i do this for the 4k guys. I think the work i have put in justifies an upload.

v1.1

I just wanted to fix the DT light problem and then a couple of guys joined the party. Thanks to 32assassin, BorgDog, Thalamus and DKong!

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Schreibi34
      Participant
        @schreibi34

Could someone please post me a screenshot of the DT view? I can only use the DT preview checkbox to look at it and this is not rendering the lights in the right position.

Thanks

Micronaut
        Participant
          @micronaut

Could someone please post me a screenshot of the DT view? I can only use the DT preview checkbox to look at it and this is not rendering the lights in the right position. Thanks

The-Incredible-Hulk
          here this DT view

Could someone please post me a screenshot of the DT view? I can only use the DT preview checkbox to look at it and this is not rendering the lights in the right position. Thanks

e

thank,im play DT mode,here it an image : The-Incredible-Hulk

Schreibi34
          Participant
            @schreibi34

Thanks!

This was made in native DT without the DT preview checked?

Because the lights especially on the plastics are completly out of position. That smaller plastic on the right near the right slingshot has no light on the plastic at all.

Could someone with more DT experience tell me if this is normal? Or am i missing something? Maybe a setting in VPX?

Schreibi34
            Participant
              @schreibi34

Found a solution for the lights in a wrong position on the plastics in DT mode.

I will post an update with this and a little more on Sunday.

bha19
              Participant
                @bha19

Great work on this table. I do have 1 suggestion and 1 bug.

1) on the real table the spinner is not as loose meaning it only rotates at most 5 times or so per spin.

2) Could you get rid of the em sounds. I know in the operators menu you can choose chimes or sounds but not em sounds as well.

Schreibi34
                Participant
                  @schreibi34

Thanks for the bugreport! I will have a look into this. Maybe 32assassin knows something.

32assassin
                  Participant
                    @32assassin

you can adjust the physics of the spinner to what best fits your needs.

this is a Solid State table, I’m not sure what you mean by EM sounds.

if you mean to say that you can’t use DOF on this table,  I sent Schreib an updated script with DOF calls.

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

Schreibi34
                    Participant
                      @schreibi34

v1.1 is the one that includes DOF scripts.

32assassin
                      Participant
                        @32assassin

word of waring

if you have two calls to the same hit target

the second one will be ignored

you have bumper 1 and 2 hit calls at line 217 and another set at 620

if you want the  DOF 101,2, DOF 102,2 calls added tot he bumper hits add them to the first calls

‘Pop Bumpers
                        Sub Bumper1_Hit:vpmTimer.PulseSw 50 : playsound SoundFX(“fx_bumper1”,DOFContactors)
                        : B1L1.State = 1:B1L2. State = 1 : Me.TimerEnabled = 1 : DOF 101,2: End Sub
                        Sub Bumper1_Timer : B1L1.State = 0:B1L2. State = 0 : Me.Timerenabled = 0 : End Sub

Sub Bumper2_Hit:vpmTimer.PulseSw 50 : playsound SoundFX(“fx_bumper1”,DOFContactors)
                        : B2L1.State = 1:B2L2. State = 1 : Me.TimerEnabled = 1 : DOF 102,2 : End Sub
                        Sub Bumper2_Timer : B2L1.State = 0:B2L2. State = 0 : Me.Timerenabled = 0 : End Sub

and delete everything from line 620

and you might want to go to the DOF website,  to see what those calls are;  they might be the same as the calls

playsound SoundFX(“fx_bumper1”,DOFContactors)

we might not need them.

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                        https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

Schreibi34
                        Participant
                          @schreibi34

I’m not sure if i have understood a single word, haha! :scratch: !

DOF dummy will change this!

Thanks!

doogie
                          Participant
                            @doogie

2) Could you get rid of the em sounds. I know in the operators menu you can choose chimes or sounds but not em sounds as well.

I am having the same issue.  There are chimes being played in addition to the rom sounds.

Schreibi34
                            Participant
                              @schreibi34

This is what a guy named shimoda wrote on pinside:

“The score sounds are still run by three solenoid transistors on the driver board. They are probably marked on the driver board pic if it is still in the backbox. I say chime because even though this was a second generation sound game, you could still put chimes in it. It was a common fix for when the sound board went out and like the motherboard the processor chip for the sound board was unavailable. My hulk had chimes in it.”

I also read that there are dip switches where you can change the sounds from digital to chimes.

This needs further investigation! B-)

Schreibi34
                              Participant
                                @schreibi34

From pinrepair:

DIP 1-8=all off (one coin, one credit). Another common setting is to make switches 1=on (and sw 2-8=off) for 1 coin 9 credits.
                                DIP 9=on (three balls/game, off=5 balls/game).
                                DIP 10=on (match feature on).
                                DIP 11=on (replay instead of extra ball, off=extra ball).
                                DIP 12=on (tilt kills current ball only, off=tilt kills game).
                                DIP 13=on (show number of credits).
                                DIP 14=on (play a tune when game started).
                                DIP 15,16 not used.
                                DIP 17,18=on (maximum credits 15).
                                DIP 19=on (make coin chute 1 & 2 the same coin value, important to be “on” if using the 1 coin 9 credit option).
                                DIP 20=on (chimes/tones when scoring).
                                DIP 21=on (show high score to date).
                                DIP 22=on (award 3 credits when high score beat).
                                DIP 23=on (play a tune when money inserted).
                                DIP 24 not used.

Schreibi34
                                Participant
                                  @schreibi34

As far as i have understood this, the digital sounds and the chime sounds have never been on the same cab at the same time. The chimes were a replacement for the sound board. As you can see above all dip switches are in the F6 menu. I was only able to switch to the “angry” sounds (sounds/tones).

If you only want to use chime sounds, leave everything as it is, start the table, hit F1 and uncheck “Use sounds”, restart the rom.

If you only want the digital sounds i have a quick solution. I know that 32a will beat the shit out of me when he sees this! This is what i would call the worst abuse of fine code……… EVER! But it will enable you to play this one with digital sounds until 32assassin joins the party and shows the german scripting Jerry Lewis how the big boys do it! :mail:

Replace line 30-32 by this:

SolCallback(3)=”vpmSolSound SoundFX(“”””, DOFChimes),”
                                  SolCallback(4)=”vpmSolSound SoundFX(“”””, DOFChimes),”
                                  SolCallback(5)=”vpmSolSound SoundFX(“”””, DOFChimes),”

I can’t believe i’m doing this.  Mr. C64 Basic v2.0 in it’s full glory!

32A CAN YOU HEAR ME!!!!! PLEASE HELP ME OUT OF THIS!!!

Thalamus
                                    @thalamus
                                    ContributorMemberModerator

LOL !! :good:

RetroMan
                                    Participant
                                      @retroman

Hmmm…. I just currently discovered this version as I was always playing 2.0.0 from BorgDog, Hauntfreaks and 32assassin. 32 / Schreibi34 ‘s version looks nicer imho, but has the chime/digi sound thingy. Will there be a fix someday?

Schreibi34
                                      Participant
                                        @schreibi34

Take a look at Post #71229.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                      Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?