The Machine – Bride Of Pinbot (Williams 1991)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 324 total)
  • Author
    Dark
      @dark
      vipMemberContributor

Thanks wrd for a great update.

3dcreation

Clark Kent
      Participant
        @clarkkent
        MemberContributor

The ramp shouldn’t be too easy. I think it’s nice as it is but I have to admit that we should play the real machine to have a better impression how it should react. Unfortunately I have no access to the real machine at the moment.

Mark70
        Participant
          @mark70

I agree that it should not be too easy, and accordingly not easier as the real pin.
          I’m sure it’s a silly question, but could it be that a table plays different on various computers?
          I never saw a shuttle ramp abort from the right flipper (normal ball hit) except a (not full hit) rebounded ball.
          Backhand shots from the left flipper may pass the ramp or not, depending on how the flipper hits the above moving ball.
          I think thats like it should be and how it is on the real table.

Drybonz
          Participant
            @drybonz

Just to clarify… the flipper settings I posted above were not created specifically to tweak that ramp shot.  I just loaded in values that were closer to the recommended values in documents that fuzzel posted and that Clark linked me to, that I frequently see on other tables and use myself… and they, in fact, seem more natural to me on that shot.  I’m no expert and these values aren’t set in stone, but they are pretty much just standard stuff.  It’s just posted as an alternative for people who want to try it.  I’m finding that I still miss the ramp shot a good bit, but it’s not making me bang my head on the wall any more.

Clark Kent
            Participant
              @clarkkent
              MemberContributor

I like the way of working together – the tables are getting better and better! :)

wrd1972 do you plan to uses latest flipper code from nFozzy he posted today in the other form concerning the flipper lag improvement?

wrd1972
              Participant
                @wrd1972
                MembervipContributor

To be honest, all of the flipper enhancements discussion has made my head go numb. The technical sausage making of it is just way over my head. That said, if there is a flipper mod that is working correctly and meeting expectations, then yes I want it in there.

Someone please add the code to the table and send it to me for the next update which will happen rather soon. I have already found a few things that need to be tweaked and we can get this in there no problem.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

Drybonz
                Participant
                  @drybonz

Wrd… if you want to try those settings I posted all you have to do is go to the physics options and import the .vpp I posted.

As far as the technical sausage making… I think sometimes we over-mystify the physics and I’m finding, the more I have been tweaking the physics settings on my table library, is that as long as things are in the range of the recommended values it’s hard to go completely wrong.  In fact, I’m starting to think that if the majority of physics, flipper and slingshot values were replaced with sliders (like the day and night slider) with min and max values on either side of the recommended values (with maybe a number box for overrides), that anyone on any of the pinball forums could set their own physics settings and easily understand what they are doing.

chokeee
                  Participant
                    @chokeee

I was trying to change ball rolling sound and… it isnt “normal/standard code, why? The table is great ofcourse!!!

rothbauerw
                      @rothbauerw
                      ModeratorContributorMembervip

The whole flipper lag conversation seems very experimental at this point.  I’m not sure implementing hacks into release tables is the best thing to do until it’s confirmed that it’s needed and it can’t be implemented directly in the VPX executable.  A good recent example are the flipper tricks code implemented on Black Knight 2000.  VPX was able to handle a solution in the next release with a few new flipper physics parameters.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

Drybonz
                      Participant
                        @drybonz

Hey rothbauerw… did you mean the flipper settings I posted?  Those are just super simple flipper settings… I touched no code, brought no hacks or experimental code from the flipper lag conversation or anything even remotely like that.  In fact, I listed every single change I made… it’s about 5 or 6 flipper settings, above.  Zero other changes.

Ben Logan2
                        Participant
                          @benlogan2

I really like the way you guys implemented some lens flare effects with this release. It can be overdone, but you guys have nailed tasteful flares on the red flashers. imo.

rothbauerw
                            @rothbauerw

Hey rothbauerw… did you mean the flipper settings I posted? Those are just super simple flipper settings… I touched no code, brought no hacks or experimental code from the flipper lag conversation or anything even remotely like that. In fact, I listed every single change I made… it’s about 5 or 6 flipper settings, above. Zero other changes.

No.  I meant using the bypass code by nFozzy or some of the other bypass method people are proposing.  If lag can be solved with the existing physics settings like what you have above, I think that’s the way to go.

rothbauerw
                              @rothbauerw

On another note, I like the existing ramp play on this table.  Ramp shots should be precise.  The fact that not all shots make it up the ramp feels more realistic to me.

Drybonz
                              Participant
                                @drybonz

Hey rothbauerw… did you mean the flipper settings I posted? Those are just super simple flipper settings… I touched no code, brought no hacks or experimental code from the flipper lag conversation or anything even remotely like that. In fact, I listed every single change I made… it’s about 5 or 6 flipper settings, above. Zero other changes.

No. I meant using the bypass code by nFozzy or some of the other bypass method people are proposing. If lag can be solved with the existing physics settings like what you have above, I think that’s the way to go.

I must have passed over that discussion in this thread… sorry about that.

TerryRed
                                  @terryred
                                  MemberContributorModerator

One of my favorite pins, and I was sooo looking forward to when a VPX version would come out.

Simply stunning work done here…the attention to visual detail is fantastic.

I actually had the opportunity to play the Dutch Pinball version of BOP (1st time ever playing a real BOP) and it was amazing.

Another showcase table for VPX!

StevOz
                                  Participant
                                    @stevoz

Yes, yes, yes…I used to cream this my machine in my youth… :whistle:

Plays and looks great, physics actually seem very good from what I recall. Just my old reflexes are not what they used to be, though at a guess, the 3 or more beers is not helping either…

Oh and  I did put my on slant on the DT view for a 1920×1080, 16:9 ratio display for any that might prefer this view here it is…

bop

Attachments:
                                    wrd1972
                                    Participant
                                      @wrd1972
                                      MembervipContributor

Thanks again for the support and compliments guys. I really enjoy doing this making the tables the best they can be. As I have said many times before, many thanks to the outstanding contributors who greatly assist along the way. And for those who dont know, Funhouse is next.

I know where there is a real BOP about 70 miles from where I live and I am planning to go there today and play it. If I do, I will take videos as well. This would be the first time I ever actually played the real thing. Maybe I can even get a manager to remove the glass for  more pics and detail investigation.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

Clark Kent
                                      Participant
                                        @clarkkent
                                        MemberContributor

Would be nice if you could replace the ball rolling sound routine in your table, moreover the ball rolling sound can not be heard at all. The new routine is much better and more realistic.

wrd1972
                                        Participant
                                          @wrd1972
                                          MembervipContributor

Yep thats planned for the next update. Thanks

chokeee
                                          Participant
                                            @chokeee

right xxxxx ramp begs for ninuzzu’s TOM rolling sound style ;)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 324 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?