The Sopranos (Stern, 2005) VPX Beta

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    freneticamnesic
      @freneticamnesic
      vipModeratorMember

First version release… please report any bugs!

Download Here

Punch it!

2 users thanked author for this post.
      randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Surprisingly fun table. looks SO real in vp10!
        thanks Fren this is a table showing what can be done with vp10. WOW

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

ICPjuggla
          @icpjuggla
          MembervipModerator

WOW, can’t wait to spend some time with this over the weekend..

Thank you fren it looks awesome..

James K
          Participant
            @hiljak

dude, you’re on a roll! Thank you for your awesome contributions!

TNT2
            Participant
              @tnt2

Great job Fren! I had been running VP10 v2350 as to not break any other VP10 tables. Got an error when running it with that. Upgraded to v2419 and it plays great. Lost a couple of balls while checking out the artwork and lighting. That’s a good sign.

Great work!

HauntFreaks
                @hauntfreaks
                vipContributorMember

I never watched the show, being from NJ you grow up realizing how much of a joke that mob crap is… but i’ll have to say… the pin table is pretty damn fun, lighting and textures are amazing, I love the shiny enamel painted girls… looks great!! you guys killed it, once again…

Pinbolt
                Participant
                  @pinbolt

Thank you fren.

JAA3rd
                  Participant
                    @jaa3rd

Looks awesome, can’t wait to try it. Thanks!

Paulo Carvalho
                    Participant
                      @paulohotline

Thank you for the early Christmas gift Sopranos. Plays and looks great, awesome attention to detail. I am going to try to get to Boss this weekend and actually finish the game (something I could never do on the real pin). Is there a way to reduce the power that Big Pussies Fish head drop releases the ball? It is coming out of there at a very fast speed. The real pin would kick it out at about half that speed, it was always an easy catch. I am running the latest build of VP 10.

PS. I downloaded the latest Sopranos Rom from the Stern website as I was having more static then usual playing and found the Rom I had in my rom directory was indeed not the latest. Sound plays smoother now.

[Paulo Carvalho Mobile - 204-294-4389]
                      http://www.pinballowners.com/paulohotline
                      "Life is like pinball, your always trying to keep your balls in play, but in the end, they drop down the middle :)"

Paulo Carvalho
                      Participant
                        @paulohotline

Hey guys, Rom related question; any way to turn off the end game attraction music after the game is over? I cannot get it to turn off in the menu as it keeps playing much like LOTR does. Anyone else?

"Life is like pinball, your always trying to keep your balls in play, but in the end, they drop down the middle :)"

freneticamnesic
                          @freneticamnesic
                          vipModeratorMember

No clue honestly… I dig it :)
                          For the kicker, I think it’s sw17, go into the script and you should see a line that’s like “kick sw17, 180, 25” or something, change the last number to whatever half would be (I’m at work so can’t verify what the number is) – that’s the kick force number. The number before it is the direction of the kick. So in that instance it’s a 180 degree kick meaning the ball is kicking from top to bottom, at a force of 25…

This table uses JPs rom sound replacement script. The Whitestar games of this era all sound like shit, crackly noises it’s not pleasant. So JP extracted the sounds from the ROM and we disable rom sounds in the script here. It plays sounds from the table instead. They’re still slightly crackly, I suppose, but nowhere near as bad as the ROM sounds, for me at least. Some people have success actually using the ROM sounds. You can change a setting in the script to enable using the ROM sounds instead, it’s at the top of the script and should be marked pretty clearly.

Punch it!

Paulo Carvalho
                          Participant
                            @paulohotline

Cool changed the sw17 kicker to 15 and now its pretty much bang on :)

When I switch to Rom Sounds I get no DMD sound on the table. So I guess this Rom I downloaded from Stern contains no audio content. Will keep horsing around with it. I have other roms that are larger, will try those with table.

freneticamnesic
                              @freneticamnesic
                              vipModeratorMember

Maybe I broke the script, I’ll check. There should be a (sounds) = RomSound or something, maybe I just changed that from RomSound to 0, but it should change automatically when you turn on/off rom sounds. Looks like a bug.

Punch it!

TNT2
                              Participant
                                @tnt2

I tried both and I seemed to be getting better audio from the ROM vs the sample sound. I suppose YMMV.

Am I the only one that loves how the VP10 tables look against the black backgrounds? For me it just seems to give tables a more epic feel.

randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

Ball got stuck here for me…

********************************************************
                                  for IOS and Android

TNT2
                                  Participant
                                    @tnt2

Hmmmmm…….interesting. I hit that shot 3 times last game and it didn’t get stuck.

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

it was a weak shot up left ramp that caused it. happened 2 times. out of 50 :)

for IOS and Android

Paulo Carvalho
                                      Participant
                                        @paulohotline

Hey guys, the Rom downloaded from the Stern site does not work with Roms sounds but this one does:

Sopranos (5.00) – ROM – sopranos.zip (link fixed to rom)
                                        http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=287

Found a glitch. Sometimes the skill shot off the plunger kicks in without me holding the left flipper and the ball gate is opened allowing travel through the orbit. I prefer not to use the skillshot off the plunger so I can get a RIP knocked off the board. Anyone else?

PS. Using ROM sounds, the attract music winds down and turns off when the game is over, unlike the Sampled Sounds which keep playing after the game is over :)

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

@Paulo Carvalho link not working but im sure that is rom im using anyways. but others may need it. maybe i should add roms section here…hmmm

for IOS and Android

Paulo Carvalho
                                          Participant
                                            @paulohotline

Rom Link fixed!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 33 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?