The Walking Dead

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 266 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

The Walking Dead

Here is TWD LE version.

THIS TABLE REQUIRES THE NEWEST VERSION OF EVERYTHING.
      Visual Pinmame / DirectB2S / DOF and VPX 10.2 –

PLEASE REFERENCE THIS THREAD TO OBTAIN THE REQUIRED SOFTWARE BEFORE PLAYING THIS TABLE.  IF YOU ARE SUCCESSFULLY RUNNING THE MUSTANG LE TABLE THEN YOU’RE ALL GOOD TO GO.

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/forums/topic/2687-code-change-to-enable-sam-le-driver-board-support/

This table contains some experimental features and is based on the excellent PRO version of the table authored by Fren and ICP with models by Randr.  Having this as a base saved hours and hours of work so thank you guys, much appreciated.

Thanks also to Flupper and Dark who provided the excellent ramps, Bicycle Girl and Well Walker models / Textures.  Flupper too for his re-textured models by Randr.

Thanks to PinBill for his time in providing information on the cross bow mech and its logic and anyone else who has contributed to this table resource wise who I am not aware of.

There are many options for graphic effects at the top of the script.  Tune to your liking top get a good trade off of eye candy vs performance.  This table runs great on my cabinet which has a Core I7 @4ghz with a GTX 660 Ti @ 1920×1080 60FPS as a reference.

When I get a moment I’ll release a B2S file for this as well which has GI synced to the ROM and some flasher effects as well.

Have fun – remember to yell “CORAL” “CORAL” a lot when playing.

Dozer.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

Total of 22 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      Pinbolt
      Participant
        @pinbolt

Thank you so much.

Chapel
        Participant
          @chapel78

Thanks to everyone involved in this build. Looking forward to trying it out. As usual, the work you guys do is much appreciated. In the words of Wayne and Garth, “we’re not worthy.” :yahoo:

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

Thank you Dozer!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

Dark
              @dark
              vipMemberContributor

Thanks for all the hard work bud.

3dcreation

Pinbolt
              Participant
                @pinbolt

Hi Dozer, sorry but I can’t play your Masterpiece. I played in desktop view.

I updated to :

VPX_2_beta_rev2877 and vpm121616.zip.

The Table loaded, and before the rom starts I got an error and the vp close.

Mustang works!!

Please help me

regards

Pinbolt

Thalamus
                  @thalamus
                  ContributorMemberModerator

Uh .. oh .. x-mas is early this year. Co-operation tables are without doubt the best ones. Very nice thread earlier also about the build process. It is seldom I’ve enjoyed the waiting ;-)

Of course I want to thank the contributors on this table. But, I also would like to say thank you to the community as well. It is a real pleasure slowly getting to know you guys, and I’m enjoying every minute of it !

Now I’m going to spend some hours enjoying your hard work.

Thank you – thank you, and merry x-mas to you all !

senseless
                  Participant
                    @senseless

Yahoo! This is gonna be a big treat! I love the TWD table from fren and this is just the icing on the cake. Thanks guys for this great build, it deserves as much gameplay as build time :).

MnHotRod
                    Participant
                      @mnhotrod

Wow, table looks fantastic. Can someone provide some guidance on “tuning” to reduce flipper lag.

RYSr (Rich)
                      Participant
                        @rysr

Nice, very Nice!

Thank You for the Christmas present!!

Happy holidays!!

TerryRed
                          @terryred
                          MemberContributorModerator

I just suffered an SSD failure in my cabinet, which resulted in me losing EVERYTHING in my cabinet that I setup and created in the last 3 months….. (luckily the previous stuff was backed up)

…. but I’ll be damned if that will stop me from getting up and running just in time to check this out! Beautiful job, by everyone. A stunning table!

OzBlackKnight
                          Participant
                            @ozblackknight

This is awesome. Thank you to everyone involved.

Sorry kids. Santa doesn’t have time to deliver any presents this year.  :twisted:  :good:

DJRobX
                              @djrobx
                              MemberModerator

Hi Dozer, sorry but I can’t play your Masterpiece. I played in desktop view. I updated to : VPX_2_beta_rev2877 and vpm121616.zip. The Table loaded, and before the rom starts I got an error and the vp close. Mustang works!! Please help me regards Pinbolt

TWD requires a lot of memory to run.    Try rebooting if you get errors loading the table.   Also be sure you’re updating core.vbs that comes with VPX.

Pinbolt
                              Participant
                                @pinbolt

I have only 8GB ram and yes TWD is a memory beast.

TerryRed
                                  @terryred
                                  MemberContributorModerator

I have only 8GB ram and yes TWD is a memory beast.

That should be plenty. I also only have 8 GB.

Make sure you have updated, B2S, and DOF, (and the other stuff, which you seem to have) which are at this link here:

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/forums/topic/2687-code-change-to-enable-sam-le-driver-board-support/?page=1

Also, make sure you have the LE rom. you can get it from Stern’s site. The rom file should be called TWD156LE.BIN, and you need to have it zipped as twd_156h.zip

If you are running in exclusive fullscreen, make sure that twd_156h is set to ddraw=0, or you will get an error / crash.

That should do it for you.

Mark70
                                  Participant
                                    @mark70

Awesome details and an amazing colorful lightshow, thanks to all involved
                                    for the time and work you spend into this.

Aahzz
                                    Participant
                                      @aahzz33

Anyone else having a problem with the LE rom? I downloaded it from stern, renamed and zipped like normal and keeps throwing a rom error.  The other 2 LE tables work fine.

Jesperpark
                                      Participant
                                        @jesperpark

I did at first, I restated my CPU and everything is working great

This table is awesome!!!  :yes:

You know we used to have night mods and day mod tables.  Now that can be achieved with a slider, and we have Pro models and LE editions to choose from.  We have come so far, thanks to everyone

DJRobX
                                          @djrobx
                                          MemberModerator

The thing with memory is that you not only need enough available memory, but it also needs to have big enough blocks free.  Memory gets fragmented like a hard drive.    Rebooting clears that.    I’m not precisely sure why this table/ROM is so beastly in that respect, but VP+VPM 32 bit can use a max of 4gb together.

Another thing I noticed is that out of the box it was stutter hell on my i7+GTX960.   If I set resize textures to max 2048 in the VP video settings, it becomes smooth.   It looks like the large (x4096) twdplasticslowres  (lol) and leftramp image can cause quite a slowdown in VP.    The max texture size option only affects those two images as those are the only two that exceed 2048.

Once it’s playing though… Wow what a beauty!!

Drybonz
                                          Participant
                                            @drybonz

Would be the same thing to just re-size those images, right?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 266 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?