The Walking Dead

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 266 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

Did other tables work with new framework? Or just not this table?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

Tyson
      Participant
        @tyson171

No other tables work with this framework either.  I installed the old framework back, and everything with the table seems to work fine from what I can tell.

Another issue, with the latest vpinmame 2.9, you cant change the anti aliasing on the dmd.  None of the changes take affect.  This works fine with vpinmame 2.8.  I typically turn anti aliasing off (0%) because it just looks like constant dmd flickering to me.  Anyone else encounter this issue?

Really want to keep 2.9, but the dmd thing will drive me crazy.  I checked the registry, and the settings are correct in the registry as well and the reg entry for the game.  But 2.9 seems to ignore that setting)

Tyson
        Participant
          @tyson171

Got pinmame 2.9 to work!  Anti Aliasing is back in all of its former glory!

MaxAsh
          Participant
            @maximumash

Hey All – new to this forum, but I’ve been on others for a while now. I built my original virtual pin a couple of years ago. Just got up to date with VPX 10.0.2, and I’m running Walking Dead LE on it after following all the instructions. The table plays well, backglass is displaying, and I got the DMD to work on my External DMD. Only problem I’m having is my external DMD is “flickering” a bit. When I compare it to the virtual dmd on the playfield, the playfield version is smooth and displaying well. The real external DMD I have seems to be suffering from FPS drop or something, so it constantly flashes/flickers the images, and even stutters a bit on occasion.

Thoughts on what might be causing it? I used the PinDMD 2 .dll files, as I’m fairly certain that’s what I have. Suggestions welcome! The table is playing great, if I can fix this I’m golden.

Edit: It looks like this issue is affecting all of my DMD games now. Something done with the new install must have changed settings or created an issue. Argh.

gtxjoe
            Participant
              @gtxjoe

Awesome work on the table as usual :)

Here is an modified playfield image with most of the inserts updated with sharper images, if interested.

7 users thanked author for this post.
              TNT2
              Participant
                @tnt2

Very cool.

Dark
                  @dark
                  vipMemberContributor

@gtxjoe Thanks!  Joe, a character like yourself need’s an avatar, get a profile pic already!   You always pick good ones too! :P

3dcreation

latin625
                  Participant
                    @latin625

Hi,   I am having the same issue too!  My PINDMD3 slows down to a crawl and the ball disappears in the crossbow.  Also, how do you fire the crossbow? :scratch:

Did you ever get this sorted out?  Thanks!

latin625
                    Participant
                      @latin625

HI,  Where can I get the version you speak of?  thanks! :good:

Thalamus
                        @thalamus
                        ContributorMemberModerator

This table you can probably play with the latest stable sam release – but, I like to always point people at the beta.

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/2933-sambuild29-beta-thread/?page=1

1 user thanked author for this post.
                        latin625
                        Participant
                          @latin625

Cant wait to get home and give this a try.  As true noob, I have fallen in love with VP! Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!  :good:   :yahoo:

2017-04-28_1439

latin625
                          Participant
                            @latin625

Sadly, I tried it and it still slow downs the frames in the dmd… Any other options for me?  Thanks

Thalamus
                              @thalamus

Sorry. At the moment I’m drinking and well, you shouldn’t follow my advises. I will get back to you soon. I’m sure we can figure this out together when I’ve sobered up.  Sorry.

latin625
                              Participant
                                @latin625

totally understand! enjoy! ill be here! :good:   :mail:

Thalamus
                                  @thalamus

Sobered up now :-)

For that archive – you basically do the same as the stable release found here

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/4515-vpinmame-minimal/

The authors often work with the latest and greatest releases, so, to play the newer tables you will often need to run the beta. I run with PinDMD3 myself and I’ve written about replacing pindmd.dll for dmddevice.dll several places. Doing this makes you able to run with colored roms. I also have color images scrolling while selecting tables in pinballx and colored UltraDMD.

What do you mean by slowdown ? I need to understand you exact problem. I can’t recall being in a situation where this would be descriptive.

Wrote a quick wiki about the procedure just now

Pindmd3 – replacing pindmd.dll for dmddevice.dll

bb
                                  Participant
                                    @delt31

Hi – I’m new but got this game going (it starts) however it doesn’t look very good (like graphics are missing) and I can’t actually start it (even though VPX I can make keys fine).  It’s like it’s working but not really.  Any idea?  I don’t get any errors starting it besides backglass which I don’t have installed.

Running a 1080 GFX so it’s not my pc.  Def something software side.  Thoughts?  The game looks like it’s missing so many things compared to youtube videos and it’s choppy. Something is def wrong.

bb
                                    Participant
                                      @delt31

FIXED!  software vertix processing was on.  Unchecked and now is perfect

latin625
                                      Participant
                                        @latin625

:good:

Awesome!  Im a going to see if I can try what you suggested tonight when I get home from work and if it fails, I will add video of the slow down.

The game starts out super fine! then suddenly sometime in 2 minutes, sometimes in 10 mins…  The PinDMD 3 slows down the frame rate of the animation of the zombies getting wasted.  The is is like stuttering / slow motion and the table hangs up a little till the dmd catches up doing all the animations.  Then it becomes unplayable.

Thanks for helping me out with this.  I have made mistakes in the past few days that have forced me to reinstall VPINMAME and then go through clicking on the disclaimer for each and every table I have to play.  UGhhh…  lol…  More to come!  Gonna buy ya a beer when we get this sorted out! :yahoo:

Thalamus
                                          @thalamus

@latin625 :  I really shouldn’t have pointed you in the beta thread for sam. This might be a better release for you http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/4236-sambuild – I can’t remember having any problems like you describe unfortunately. Not with public releases or beta. So, I kind of doubt that this alone is going to work for you. It might be related to you pc and other settings that needs to be adjusted. But, well, who knows. Lets see where it leads to. As long as you follow my directions in the wiki about the dmd, you should be safe as it is reversible. I think its a good idea to try, no matter the outcome of trying to get this table to run smooth.

CarnyPriest
                                          Participant
                                            @carnypriest

@latin625, in this circumstance it is worth trying both the stable release and the beta release.

More important, use the latest dmddevice.dll. The latest version is in the official beta distribution

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=27063&p=256944

If you are using freezy’s version (dmdext) then make sure that you are using the latest version

https://github.com/freezy/dmd-extensions/releases

If that does not fix the problem then make sure that the at91jit key is enabled for twd_156h in the registry for VPinMAME. It should be enabled by default but worth a look.

If that crashed try with a default palette rather than the custom palette.

If the table crashes or still slows down with jit enabled then upgrade to latest Windows 10. And if that is not it, then I’m afraid that you are SOL for the time being. Just leaves trial and error with different hardware components. Or walking away from real DMD for this one table and using a virtual DMD instead.

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/2728-sam-build-with-modular-dmd-drivers-for-pindmd123-and-pin2dmd/?do=findComment&comment=33425

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 266 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?