The Walking Dead

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 266 total)
  • Author
    ozg
    Participant
      @netweight

You need a real dmd :) LMAO Problem solved! LOL

I’m only playing four VP tables right now and can’t justify spending $300.00 on a DMD, not that I wouldn’t like to have one.

johnco
      Participant
        @johnco

Awesome! Im a going to see if I can try what you suggested tonight when I get home from work and if it fails, I will add video of the slow down. The game starts out super fine! then suddenly sometime in 2 minutes, sometimes in 10 mins… The PinDMD 3 slows down the frame rate of the animation of the zombies getting wasted. The is is like stuttering / slow motion and the table hangs up a little till the dmd catches up doing all the animations. Then it becomes unplayable.  

Hey latin625 did you ever resolve this problem?  What you describe above is exactly what’s happening to me now with this fine table.   2.9 final, 10.3 final, newest dmddevice.dll, dmdext.exe   the streaming to 9090 works, and is also stuttered when the problem occurs.    I can’t set at91jit to 1 because 10.3 crashes on table load if it’s not 0.    SO.  if I wiggle just right I can play the table with the colorized DMD.   I disable ext dmd, go back to regular virtual dmd. (showpindmd 0, showwindmd 1)   at91jit set to 1.  launch the table.   F1 to change to enable external dmd and colored and disable regalar DMD.    F3 to refresh pinmame.  Then I have to add a ball, let it find it,  then remove a ball and start the table and I can play with that colorized DMD all day without failure.   Conclusion:  if the at91jit  is set to 0 the virtual DMD colorized eventually goes stuttery and unplayable.   And I can’t launch vpinballx.exe when the at91jit is set to 1. (edit to add important clarification:  can’t launch vpinballx.exe when at91jit is 1 AND showpindmd is also 1)  Rock.  Hard place.

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

Hmm. Are you able to go around the problem every time … table with this procedure ? I wonder if it would be of any help to try to use the newly release symbol debug release @ vpf for this error. http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=37547&p=381385

CarnyPriest
          Participant
            @carnypriest

Here’s a couple of informational posts on the subject. I suggest adding it to the wiki if there is one on running the external virtual DMD:

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/2728-sam-build-with-modular-dmd-drivers-for-pindmd123-and-pin2dmd/?do=findComment&comment=33425

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/2728-sam-build-with-modular-dmd-drivers-for-pindmd123-and-pin2dmd/?do=findComment&comment=33250

The upshot is that a stable solution may not be coming soon. If you don’t currently run Windows 10 then you might want to try upgrading. If you have any other processes residing in memory that you don’t absolutely need to run pinball, disable them. My cab is down, so I haven’t tested anything in months. I don’t know if upgrading .NET to 4.7 hurts or helps. Throwing more hardware at the problem may not may not help. If you go down that route it would be helpful to report back.

If you are desperate you might see if something better happens after a system reset/re-install.

One last thing is to test is to see if there is any improvement if you disable b2s and just load the vpinmame.controller. If that’s better then you could always just throw up a static backglass image in PinballX.

That’s life on the bleeding edge. Some things don’t work for everybody, and it took weeks for DJRobX to even get it to this stage. You are not alone. I have the same issue with TWD as you are reporting. Not much fun.

CarnyPriest
            Participant
              @carnypriest

Oh, and you can always just solve it by getting a Pin2DMD setup. It runs everything including the TSPP and SF II colorizations that freezy’s solution does not yet support.  :good:

kruger
              Participant
                @kruger

Getting Line:219 error saying game name not found

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

Please look through this support thread the answer has been explained at least 10 times. But you either don’t have Sam build of vpinmame or the correct rom named properly. One of those two things is the issue :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                  So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                  for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
                  bb
                  Participant
                    @delt31

This games works perfectly but about 2 balls in, my dmd animations start to really slow down and then the game becomes non responsive and begins playing super slow.  Anyone come across this issue?

Thalamus
                      @thalamus

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=38135 – I’m sure you find more about the subject.

I just googled it. Seen many reports about this so, use the search feature. Its there to help you.

bb
                      Participant
                        @delt31

OK thanks

latin625
                        Participant
                          @latin625

Hello all,

Been away for a minute messing around with my Launchbox arcade and latest AC/DC table on the cab.  Anyways, YES!  I did solve this though  I am not sure if it will help because it seems like everyone has a slightly different setup.

Ok, so here is what I did to get mine to stop slowing down on TWD. Even am able to enjoy the Color Rom version of the table on my Pindmd3!

I renamed the old SAM Build folder that was 2.9  and archived it for safe keeping in case everything went to hell, download and used Sam Build 2.8b, now it works with any issues at all.  No slow down at all, and my Star trek LE has also begun to work without slowdown too! But, I still get massive slowdown on Twilight zone VPX.  I think it may just be that my rig cant handle all the lights and the bells and whistles.

Not a big deal for me, since I have the table in Future pinball available and it runs great there.  I also have a PINDMD3 running, just in case that matters to anyone with the slow down issue.

I have even starting playing the Michael Jackson mod of walking dead without any issues.  A lot of people that I have run into on Facebook forums has said that they have run into issues with the dmds (Pin2DMD and Pindmd3) once they upgraded to Sambuild 2.9 or 3.0

so my advice would be to try Sambuild 2.8b, because it sorted me out right.  Good luck yall! :good:

Summary of my setup:

• 10.2 VPX
                          • Sambuild 2.8b
                          • Color Rom TWD

Back to AC/DC LE! :yahoo:

latin625
                          Participant
                            @latin625

@bb

I added some solutions that worked for me.  Hope it helps!

CarnyPriest
                            Participant
                              @carnypriest

DJRobX committed a fix to allocate more system memory. Give it a try. Be sure to enable JIT if you have disabled.

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3241-sambuild30-beta-thread/#comment-36217

Mark70
                              Participant
                                @mark70

Hi, I’m curios if it’s possible to disable / enable the “haley comet effect” for the ball?
                                OMG I don’t know how to translate the explanation for it proper.
                                Thanks

arconovum
                                Participant
                                  @nicholaschristopher
                                  MemberContributor

Hi, I’m curios if it’s possible to disable / enable the “haley comet effect” for the ball? OMG I don’t know how to translate the explanation for it proper. Thanks

I figure you are talking about the trail on the ball, in the “properties window” under “user customization” reduce “trail strength” to zero or a smaller value that you are happy with.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                  Mark70
                                  Participant
                                    @mark70

Thanks! Yes that’s what I meant, I somehow never changed this setting before. :good:

arconovum
                                    Participant
                                      @nicholaschristopher
                                      MemberContributor

Thanks! Yes that’s what I meant, I somehow never changed this setting before. :good:

VP holds many secrets, and hideouts!

Jesperpark
                                      Participant
                                        @jesperpark

Just a heads up there was a new walking dead game code released by stern today.  Version 1.60  :yahoo:

Of course will have to be added to pinmame list first

Thalamus
                                          @thalamus

I’m sure Carney will be quick to add this for us.

CarnyPriest
                                          Participant
                                            @carnypriest

Thanks for heads up.

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 266 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?