The Walking Dead

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 266 total)
  • Author
    TNT2
    Participant
      @tnt2

I also play in desktop. Mustang LE plays great.

After changing Const cController = 1

I receive an error here and the table won’t run:

If Dozer_Cab = 1 Then
      Controller.B2SSetData 133,1
      Controller.B2SSetData 134,0

Dozer said not to change this variable but once I did it plays great.

Const Dozer_Cab = 0 ‘ Don’t touch this either.

I probably did bad though.  :cry:

However the table looks and plays fantastic! :good:

TNT2
      Participant
        @tnt2

Anyone else having a problem with the LE rom? I downloaded it from stern, renamed and zipped like normal and keeps throwing a rom error. The other 2 LE tables work fine.

I downloaded the LE ROM from Stern and it’s working for me fine.

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

Plays smooth here! Wow is it nice.

IMG_4566

IMG_4567

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

Aahzz
          Participant
            @aahzz33

Reboot did not help my issue. It’s like the rom is not present but I’ve checked it 10 times,  downloaded it multiple times. So Weird… the first time i have ever had an issue with the rom.

TNT2
            Participant
              @tnt2

Reboot did not help my issue. It’s like the rom is not present but I’ve checked it 10 times, downloaded it multiple times. So Weird… the first time i have ever had an issue with the rom.

What error is it throwing?

Drybonz
              Participant
                @drybonz

The rom is twd_156h.  If you don’t have that one you have the wrong rom.  Note the “h” on the end of the file name.

Drybonz
                Participant
                  @drybonz

Would be the same thing to just re-size those images, right?

Well, to answer my own question… apparently not.  I resized those two images down to 2048 and got the same stutter, but reducing max texture size, as DJRobX suggested, down to 3072, did the trick.

TNT2
                  Participant
                    @tnt2

I never cease to be amazed at the light show on these Stern LEs. Great work everyone!

RustyCardores
                      @rustycardores
                      MemberModerator

Hmmm? I’m not getting a light show :(

Latest everything installed, tried going back through older vpinmames but still no luck.  I’m stumped :(

wrd1972
                      Participant
                        @wrd1972
                        MembervipContributor

Holy Shit it feels like Neegan took Lucille to my system causing it is spewing its guts trying to play this bad-ass WD table. Man this thing looks great but my system cant manage it – 30FPF at best. Looks like you guys are gonna be costing me some money. :)

But I have not yet spent any time trying to improve performance. Any pointers?

I am also getting this error. Anyone know how to fix this. I have seen it on a few other recent tables as well.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

Attachments:
                        Drybonz
                        Participant
                          @drybonz

It seems like since the plastics are on the big image (twdplasticslowres) that we could delete the individual 1024 plastics, right?  At least reduce file size a little.

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

did a video showing FPS with the wife playing.

my settings

Untitled-2

********************************************************
                            for IOS and Android

Attachments:
                            DJRobX
                              @djrobx
                              MemberModerator

Well, to answer my own question… apparently not. I resized those two images down to 2048 and got the same stutter, but reducing max texture size, as DJRobX suggested, down to 3072, did the trick.

It actually should be exactly the same, but VP does a fixed aspect ratio scale, so depending on how you did the rescale, the result may be different.    Also be sure and exit VP and start again when you change it.

DJRobX
                                @djrobx
                                MemberModerator

did a video showing FPS with the wife playing. my settings  

Yeah, the reason you don’t see performance issues is because you have a fast system, but brute force 4x scaling off.   I can’t live without that option – wire ramps look like hell without it.    The only exception I have on my cab is Star Trek LE, because the wire ramps are minimal on that table but the laser light show when you get multiball is sooooo worth it.  :)

Drybonz
                                Participant
                                  @drybonz

He’s running in windowed too… wonder if there is some connection to the large textures and fullscreen?

DJRobX
                                    @djrobx
                                    MemberModerator

Holy Shit it feels like Neegan took Lucille to my system causing it is spewing its guts trying to play this bad-ass WD table. Man this thing looks great but my system cant manage it – 30FPF at best. Looks like you guys are gonna be costing me some money. :) But I have not yet spent any time trying to improve performance. Any pointers? I am also getting this error. Anyone know how to fix this. I have seen it on a few other recent tables as well.

Try reducing the max texture size as mentioned, it makes a big difference.  Also, to stop that error, you need to update your B2S with the one on my thread that Dozer linked to.

Aahzz
                                    Participant
                                      @aahzz33

Fixed my issue…. I zipped my file with winrar.   I’m guessing it doesnt like that. I did it using winzip and all is fine now.

Awesome table guys.. Plays great! Looks like I found a new favorite.

Thanks!

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

I will try brute force 4x and see what happens.

for IOS and Android

Drybonz
                                        Participant
                                          @drybonz

Well, to answer my own question… apparently not. I resized those two images down to 2048 and got the same stutter, but reducing max texture size, as DJRobX suggested, down to 3072, did the trick.

It actually should be exactly the same, but VP does a fixed aspect ratio scale, so depending on how you did the rescale, the result may be different. Also be sure and exit VP and start again when you change it.

It didn’t seem to give me the same benefit… even after restarting.  I’m wondering if there’s a way to apply the “max texture” option to only this table, so that we don’t have to change it each time we play this one.

DJRobX
                                            @djrobx
                                            MemberModerator

It didn’t seem to give me the same benefit… even after restarting. I’m wondering if there’s a way to apply the “max texture” option to only this table, so that we don’t have to change it each time we play this one.

Not currently.

The function literally looks for images in the table that have a dimension larger than the specified value and rescales them down during load time.   So we’re probably missing another image somewhere if it didn’t have the same effect.    I’ll step through it in the debugger and watch. :)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 266 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?