This topic contains 229 replies, has 57 voices, and was last updated by Profile gravatar of CarnyPriest CarnyPriest 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 230 total)
  • Author
    Profile gravatar of TNT2 TNT2 
    Participant

I also play in desktop. Mustang LE plays great.

After changing Const cController = 1

I receive an error here and the table won’t run:

If Dozer_Cab = 1 Then
    Controller.B2SSetData 133,1
    Controller.B2SSetData 134,0

Dozer said not to change this variable but once I did it plays great.

Const Dozer_Cab = 0 ‘ Don’t touch this either.

I probably did bad though.  :cry:

However the table looks and plays fantastic! :good:

Participant

Anyone else having a problem with the LE rom? I downloaded it from stern, renamed and zipped like normal and keeps throwing a rom error. The other 2 LE tables work fine.

I downloaded the LE ROM from Stern and it’s working for me fine.

Profile gravatar of randr randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Plays smooth here! Wow is it nice.

IMG_4566

IMG_4567

4+

Some users who have liked this topic:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile gravatar of Aahzz Aahzz 
    Participant

Reboot did not help my issue. It’s like the rom is not present but I’ve checked it 10 times,  downloaded it multiple times. So Weird… the first time i have ever had an issue with the rom.

Participant

Reboot did not help my issue. It’s like the rom is not present but I’ve checked it 10 times, downloaded it multiple times. So Weird… the first time i have ever had an issue with the rom.

What error is it throwing?

Profile gravatar of Drybonz Drybonz 
    Participant

The rom is twd_156h.  If you don’t have that one you have the wrong rom.  Note the “h” on the end of the file name.

Participant

Would be the same thing to just re-size those images, right?

Well, to answer my own question… apparently not.  I resized those two images down to 2048 and got the same stutter, but reducing max texture size, as DJRobX suggested, down to 3072, did the trick.

Participant

I never cease to be amazed at the light show on these Stern LEs. Great work everyone!

1+

Profile gravatar of RustyCardores RustyCardores 
    Participant

Hmmm? I’m not getting a light show :(

Latest everything installed, tried going back through older vpinmames but still no luck.  I’m stumped :(

Profile gravatar of wrd1972 wrd1972 
    Participant

Holy Shit it feels like Neegan took Lucille to my system causing it is spewing its guts trying to play this bad-ass WD table. Man this thing looks great but my system cant manage it – 30FPF at best. Looks like you guys are gonna be costing me some money. :)

But I have not yet spent any time trying to improve performance. Any pointers?

I am also getting this error. Anyone know how to fix this. I have seen it on a few other recent tables as well.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia 760GTX (MSI Twin Frozr)

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, 22" upper and 19" lower monitors in the backbox - Virtuapin controller w/ analog plunger - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

1+

Attachments:
    Participant

It seems like since the plastics are on the big image (twdplasticslowres) that we could delete the individual 1024 plastics, right?  At least reduce file size a little.

Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

did a video showing FPS with the wife playing.

my settings

Untitled-2

Attachments:
    Profile gravatar of DJRobX DJRobX 
    Participant

Well, to answer my own question… apparently not. I resized those two images down to 2048 and got the same stutter, but reducing max texture size, as DJRobX suggested, down to 3072, did the trick.

It actually should be exactly the same, but VP does a fixed aspect ratio scale, so depending on how you did the rescale, the result may be different.    Also be sure and exit VP and start again when you change it.

Participant

did a video showing FPS with the wife playing. my settings  

Yeah, the reason you don’t see performance issues is because you have a fast system, but brute force 4x scaling off.   I can’t live without that option – wire ramps look like hell without it.    The only exception I have on my cab is Star Trek LE, because the wire ramps are minimal on that table but the laser light show when you get multiball is sooooo worth it.  :)

Participant

He’s running in windowed too… wonder if there is some connection to the large textures and fullscreen?

Participant

Holy Shit it feels like Neegan took Lucille to my system causing it is spewing its guts trying to play this bad-ass WD table. Man this thing looks great but my system cant manage it – 30FPF at best. Looks like you guys are gonna be costing me some money. :) But I have not yet spent any time trying to improve performance. Any pointers? I am also getting this error. Anyone know how to fix this. I have seen it on a few other recent tables as well.

Try reducing the max texture size as mentioned, it makes a big difference.  Also, to stop that error, you need to update your B2S with the one on my thread that Dozer linked to.

Profile gravatar of Aahzz Aahzz 
    Participant

Fixed my issue…. I zipped my file with winrar.   I’m guessing it doesnt like that. I did it using winzip and all is fine now.

Awesome table guys.. Plays great! Looks like I found a new favorite.

Thanks!

Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

I will try brute force 4x and see what happens.

Participant

Well, to answer my own question… apparently not. I resized those two images down to 2048 and got the same stutter, but reducing max texture size, as DJRobX suggested, down to 3072, did the trick.

It actually should be exactly the same, but VP does a fixed aspect ratio scale, so depending on how you did the rescale, the result may be different. Also be sure and exit VP and start again when you change it.

It didn’t seem to give me the same benefit… even after restarting.  I’m wondering if there’s a way to apply the “max texture” option to only this table, so that we don’t have to change it each time we play this one.

Participant

It didn’t seem to give me the same benefit… even after restarting. I’m wondering if there’s a way to apply the “max texture” option to only this table, so that we don’t have to change it each time we play this one.

Not currently.

The function literally looks for images in the table that have a dimension larger than the specified value and rescales them down during load time.   So we’re probably missing another image somewhere if it didn’t have the same effect.    I’ll step through it in the debugger and watch. :)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 230 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2017 VPinBall.com

Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account