The Walking Dead (ICPjuggla & freneticamnesic) wip

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 179 total)
  • Author
    PinBill
    Participant
      @pinbill

I took apart my fish tank and took some photos. Let me know if these will work. Walking Dead fish tank heads

PinBill
      Participant
        @pinbill

twd1
        twd2
        twd3
        twd4
        twd5
        twd6
        twd7

freneticamnesic
          @freneticamnesic
          vipModeratorMember

While flupper works on ramps (they’re looking amazing… I’ll let him show the WIP of that if he wants) I’ve been adding details. He showed me a sweet variation of the ramps today that made me think about a nice mod for this table. It will be a script toggle, so you can turn it off if you don’t like it! It’s going to be red accents, rubbers, flipper rubbers, apron, various other things that would look cool… I also set it up so instead of the GI turning off when you drain, it turns red (like Kingpin, but more ominous) – I had originally set it up so every time the GI turns off, it would turn red, but it was fucking with my eyes in a weird way. So for that, the GI turns off (when the ball is in play) and only turns red when you drain.

I also started modeling the fish tank heads based on the photos PinBill provided. They won’t be 100% accurate, due to the limitations of my software, and mostly my skill :)

Punch it!

Tom Tower
          Spectator
            @tomtower
            vip

Great work guys! great work!!!!

Wolfgang
            Participant
              @mrwolfgang

The red GUI idea is great (the thing which struck me about kingpin and it’s really cool).
              Also cool to have the function to switch everything back to “stock”

Flupper
              Participant
                @philippe

The ramps are shaping up nicely, I made them quicksilver to show them off…
                Powered by Imged.org

Vampirolatino2
                Participant
                  @vampirolatino2

show off! hahaha :yahoo: :good:
                  table and ramps are looking super good!!!

freneticamnesic
                    @freneticamnesic
                    vipModeratorMember

Has everyone lost interest already!? I’m on the home stretch now
                    Ramps coming soon, then it will all come together

Punch it!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                    nate
                    Participant
                      @nodzebra

fren this is looking amazing man! Definitely not lost interest, my phone notifies me of new posts to this thread, Im really happy to hear its getting close to getting finished, I really really like this game but there is NO WHERE to play it in spokane and i cant spend 8k on a game right now. Vpx is a better option for me than driving to seattle or portland to play these new titles so thanks to you i can enjoy metallica, tron, iron man etc etc and actually learn to play them (and countless others on PM5) so when i do go take pinball trips i at least already know how to play the newwer games.
                      I cant thank you and the other kick ass VP table authors enough for your work on these recreations that play sooo much alike their physical counterparts especially now with vpx physics being as good as they are VPX has been getting just as much play as my physical collection of games and i must say the virtual cab gets more and more play with every release. so to all of you on forefront pushing vp to become almost better than physical pinball i sincerely thank you from the pit of my pinball obsessed soul for doing what you do, you guys fucking rock!!

p.s. your tables are too dark! (joking im sorry i couldnt help it!)

Blashyrk
                      Participant
                        @blashyrk

Looks great fren :) can’t wait to play it

Wolfgang
                        Participant
                          @mrwolfgang

Really excited for the release of this Fren; I think this along with Star Trek and Metallica are real show cases of what vpx can do.
                          Btw, foe TWD, I really recommend using one of the rom sets with the swapped out audio (think the one I use is the Cleland one?); really adds to it (I’ve been using that rom with the physmod version).
                          I wonder if pinmame will ever officially support the different rom mods (so that they can be named differently, rather than naming the same as the official rom set) so that it’s easy to switch between using the different ones.

freneticamnesic
                            @freneticamnesic
                            vipModeratorMember

I thought the modified roms was something Carny was adding to his builds, I can’t check at the moment though.

Punch it!

imagamejunky
                            Participant
                              @imagamejunky

Fren and ICP.
                              If you need a tester for this awesome looking table then let me know…..
                              I can’t wait! Looks great guys

Junky

My youtube channel
                              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC85zq3VgibnPTOkielbyReg

Wolfgang
                              Participant
                                @mrwolfgang

It’d be great to be able to hit a key and select which rom you’d like to use (or just select in the table script).

I gather that there are two favourites which people tend to upload to their real cabs ; one by Cleland (replaces the cheesy callouts with samples from the tv show and has a great remix of the theme tune – the LE I played on holiday actually had this installed), and I think one by Millhouse.
                                I think the Millhouse one has some really good music added in for certain modes ; very atmospheric.

I’d also love to be able to try the modded Stern Dark Knight roms, but can’t find a pre zipped file anywhere.

Paulo Carvalho
                                Participant
                                  @paulohotline

Modded Stern Dark Knight Rom -> https://www.dropbox.com/s/q7vk65ahwqwvr3d/bdk_294.zip?dl=0

[Paulo Carvalho Mobile - 204-294-4389]
                                  http://www.pinballowners.com/paulohotline
                                  "Life is like pinball, your always trying to keep your balls in play, but in the end, they drop down the middle :)"

Wolfgang
                                  Participant
                                    @mrwolfgang

Thanks Paulo!

Paulo Carvalho
                                    Participant
                                      @paulohotline

Anyone watch the new kickoff episode to last half of season 6 of TWD? Holy crap best episode in a long time. This show is firing all on all gears.

[Paulo Carvalho Mobile - 204-294-4389]
                                      http://www.pinballowners.com/paulohotline
                                      "Life is like pinball, your always trying to keep your balls in play, but in the end, they drop down the middle :)"

Wolfgang
                                      Participant
                                        @mrwolfgang

Yeah, was pretty good. Without spoiling anything, I liked how a certain character is now more in line with the comic….

freneticamnesic
                                          @freneticamnesic
                                          vipModeratorMember

It was a terrible episode. It just laid to waste the entire first half of the season in which they AVOIDED the horde because they couldn’t be beaten. Apparently they can be beaten in an evening, very easily. It trashed the drama of the zombies, because it’s now apparent that anyone can kill any number of zombies. Hot garbage. I’m over it.

Punch it!

Ray
                                          Participant
                                            @vpfan

Hmm, I hadn’t thought of it like that… I didn’t care for the characters that were killed off, but yeah it was a pretty major “erasing” of half the development of this season.

With the battle against the horde, I think the key detail is that the initial plan to lead them away worked for at least half of the horde. Don’t forget this is only the part that was drawn to the town, and I’m guessing not all got inside with only the one breach in the wall. Plus I think special effects limitations didn’t convey the numbers taken care of by the fuel burning. End rationalisations, LOL.

On the other hand, it seems like the prison should have been salvageable in a similar manner then….

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 179 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?