The Walking Dead (ICPjuggla & freneticamnesic) wip

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 179 total)
  • Author
    Wolfgang
    Participant
      @mrwolfgang

I suppose a lot of fans would also defend the episode by saying that they didn’t have thr rocket launcher before, and also that a couple of people did die off of the back of it.
      Still, overall I think the show is poor when you compare the caliber of actors and writing to other shows.
      Very hit and miss overall.

I will say that the dialogue in the comic isn’t great, but they can get away with it easier in that form.

freneticamnesic
        @freneticamnesic
        vipModeratorMember

Well after those two idiots were killed (before they started the zombie attack) not a single person was hurt killing all those zombies. It sets a precedent I don’t think they’re really ready to deal with – a group of 40 people could likely kill thousands of zombies without dying, now where’s the drama in that? To be fair, up until this point, people seemed to be dying at the hands of zombies in very very stupid ways (it got to the point where apparently the most dramatic way to die was to lose your shit and just let the zombies kill you without fighting back – the idiot on the dumpster with Glen, the slow idiot at the fence, the blonde idiot who nearly died, the idiot kid, it was exhausting to watch so many stupid people do stupid things), but that doesn’t mean they had to take it to the opposite extreme so quickly.

I’m not particularly a fan of the show, I only watch it because my wife does, so when they do something really dumb it’s easy for me to say forget this and ignore it for a while. Last season was a shining example of meh. They seem to be off more often than they’re on.

Punch it!

Paulo Carvalho
        Participant
          @paulohotline

The way I saw the zombie stand-off was it was do or die. They finally came together as a town and were prepared to die together to save the town. They were actually trapped when they were backed up against the fence. When Darryl lit up the lake with gasoline it saved their ass as the entire hoard moved towards the light to burn to death. Once the Zombies started to look away the group picked off the remaining group of stragglers not cooked. They survived, barely.

The biggest threat in the TWD is not the zombies dude, it’s the crazy human fuckers left behind who are fighting for the last remaining resources. This is human nature at its worst, this season IMO will be one the of the best as now they have something worth fighting for and a new enemy – Negan (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negan) that will make the Governor look like a boy scout.

This show next to Fargo, is must see TV in my book. I do not miss an episode and I stopped reading the comics 4 years ago to avoid spoilers :)

[Paulo Carvalho Mobile - 204-294-4389]
          http://www.pinballowners.com/paulohotline
          "Life is like pinball, your always trying to keep your balls in play, but in the end, they drop down the middle :)"

ICPjuggla
            @icpjuggla
            MembervipModerator

The way I saw the zombie stand-off was it was do or die. They finally came together as a town and were prepared to die together to save the town. They were actually trapped when they were backed up against the fence. When Darryl lit up the lake with gasoline it saved their ass as the entire hoard moved towards the light to burn to death. Once the Zombies started to look away the group picked off the remaining group of stragglers not cooked. They survived, barely.

The biggest threat in the TWD is not the zombies dude, it’s the crazy human fuckers left behind who are fighting for the last remaining resources. This is human nature at its worst, this season IMO will be one the of the best as now they have something worth fighting for and a new enemy – Negan (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negan) that will make the Governor look like a boy scout.

This show next to Fargo, is must see TV in my book. I do not miss an episode and I stopped reading the comics 4 years ago to avoid spoilers :)

I agree with every last word here and that doesn’t happen that often! Well said my friend, well said!

Pinball Shawn
            Participant
              @pinballshawn

I think it was basically the same episode I already saw 3 or 4 times. 1. Find a safeplace 2. Convince residents of the safe place to allow them to stay 3. Internal conflict in safe place 4. Zombie hoard destroys safe place 5. New enemy is reveled. Over and over and over.
              The only high point was the blonde and her kids were killed. The oldest boy should’ve died 6 episodes ago, the young one was just a pain in the ass and I cheered when he was eaten. The priest and the black dude with the bo staff need to die too. They have caused nothing but problems.
              I will never understand why when they had all the zombies trapped in a quarry, they did nothing. Nobody thought of fire when they were trapped. And somehow later the zombies walked right into the fire. In all of zombie history it is a well known fact that zombies are afraid of fire. I’m friends with Jack Russo, who wrote the Night of the Living Dead screenplay, I’ve spent endless hours asking him ridiculous questions about zombies and the one thing I know is zombies back away from fire. This is all true btw, I live by Jack and Monroeville Mall, I know everyone involved in the original films, including George Romero, his son is a friend of mine. I’m from Pittsburgh, we invented the modern day zombie, and sir… that is not normal zombie behavior!
              The show has become frustrating. And like most zombie movies, the thing that has destroyed the world has become a secondary concern, almost a mild nuisance, compared to the ‘bad guys’. I guess that’s how it always goes though. Probably why I like Z-nation, it’s campy and stupid but there is zombie action and whatever the problem is gets resolved by the end of the episode. Watching a whole season to see everything fall apart… again, becomes expected.

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

Feeling out of the loop never even watched a single episode :scratch:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                for IOS and Android

freneticamnesic
                  @freneticamnesic
                  vipModeratorMember

Not all zombies are created equal; see: 28 Days Later
                  I am not bothered by how stupid the zombies in TWD are, they’ve never made them out to be anything but. The writing feels lazy though. I mean you can’t spend half a season fighting for your city and preaching doom and running all around risking everyone’s lives, trying to draw the zombies away, only to have it culminate in 20 minutes of “oh hey I guess they’re not so bad, look at us killing all of them!” They introduce characters just to kill them off, half the deaths are done for the shock factor “let’s kill a kid gruesomely!” or simply to trick the audience (Glenn and the dumpster) – which doesn’t work when they’ve built up a routine of trotting the dead characters out on talking dead after they die!!! I’m partially confused by the science behind these zombies, though. They bite, you turn into a zombie, but if you get their blood on you/in your wounds, you’re fine? But if you eat a zombie, you’re not fine? But if you eat a dead person you’re fine? But all dead people turn into zombies? Who fuckin’ knows?!
                  Yes, the biggest drama comes from the people who are alive, but you can’t spend 6 episodes making the drama about the zombies, only for it to not really have been an issue, and so far the only new baddies we’ve this season were comically blown up by a rocket launcher!

Punch it!

nate
                  Participant
                    @nodzebra

Fuck that show the only good thing about it is that it was popular enough for stern to make a fun game that fren and juggalo are making an awesome recreation of that is gonna blow vpx wide open, these guys have been working on this one for months and even if it hasnt been constant they definitely arent rushing even a teeny part of this one and that attention to detail will truly make this one shine bright like a diamond and now flupper doing his plastic magic on the ramps too!?!? this is some next level shit, fuck that garbage pooorly written show. i cant stand it, i watched it in rehab and on the streets and hated it both sober and loaded drooling on myself, if a show sucks when your crocked on pills and drunk then believe me nothing is gonna make it better. these statements are all scientific facts, im an alchoholic i dont have opinions.

freneticamnesic
                      @freneticamnesic
                      vipModeratorMember

LMAo damn dude

Punch it!

Pinball Shawn
                      Participant
                        @pinballshawn

Not all zombies are created equal; see: 28 Days Later
                        I am not bothered by how stupid the zombies in TWD are, they’ve never made them out to be anything but. The writing feels lazy though. I mean you can’t spend half a season fighting for your city and preaching doom and running all around risking everyone’s lives, trying to draw the zombies away, only to have it culminate in 20 minutes of “oh hey I guess they’re not so bad, look at us killing all of them!” They introduce characters just to kill them off, half the deaths are done for the shock factor “let’s kill a kid gruesomely!” or simply to trick the audience (Glenn and the dumpster) – which doesn’t work when they’ve built up a routine of trotting the dead characters out on talking dead after they die!!! I’m partially confused by the science behind these zombies, though. They bite, you turn into a zombie, but if you get their blood on you/in your wounds, you’re fine? But if you eat a zombie, you’re not fine? But if you eat a dead person you’re fine? But all dead people turn into zombies? Who fuckin’ knows?!
                        Yes, the biggest drama comes from the people who are alive, but you can’t spend 6 episodes making the drama about the zombies, only for it to not really have been an issue, and so far the only new baddies we’ve this season were comically blown up by a rocket launcher!

Technically speaking, in 28 Days later they were not zombies. They weren’t reanimated corpses, they were people infected with a type of ‘hyper-rabies’ code named: Rage. So far the Walking Dead has followed the Romero/Russo zombie rules, meaning only a head shot will kill them. Now if you’re killed by a headshot (while alive), you don’t turn. Now with that said, I believe getting your eyes filled, or a wound, with infected blood will turn you. It’s a slow turn (no more than 3 days though), but that’s how it should work. There is no difference between a bite and blood contamination.
                        The whole show copies Romero/Russo rules/patterns. If you’ve ever seen Dawn of the Dead, they cleared the mall pretty easily, but it was the biker gang (lead by Tom Savini) that ruined everything. The bad guys die, and what’s left of the good guys flee. And btw, Neither George Romero or John Russo ever got a penny from the Walking Dead creators. Ain’t that a bitch?

randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

I have no idea what you guys are talking about!! LMAO
                          I need to watch a episode maybe…

********************************************************
                          Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                          for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Daryl
                          Participant
                            @allknowing2012

I have no idea what you guys are talking about!! LMAO
                            I need to watch a episode maybe…

That’s all it takes – watch one, you have seen them all.

freneticamnesic
                              @freneticamnesic
                              vipModeratorMember

I haven’t seen all the episodes yet but I can’t recall a single person who turned who wasn’t bit or wasn’t dead, I’ve seen a lot of people with open wounds get splattered with zombie blood. I think Rick earlier this season, fucked up his hand and it was covered in zombie blood. I don’t know anymore. I’m not a zombie expert, 28 days later is a zombie movie to me! lol

Punch it!

Wolfgang
                              Participant
                                @mrwolfgang

I second the 28 days later comment; those were infected people (rather than reanimated corpses), so still had full use of their senses and didn’t have decomposed muscles/damaged brains to hamper them ; so could run.(but were kind of zombies in the sense that they didn’t really have any cognitive control)

If I remember correctly, the first couple of episodes of TWD had a mix of running and shuffling zombies, then they just settled on Romero style zombies (but tbh, most looked a bit crap).

I’m a huge Romero fan,so a big shout out to the guy from Pitsburgh (I’m from the U.K and have yet to visit the states, but would love to visit the mall from DOTD).

As far as the “rules” in TWD, as I understand it from both the comic and the tv show, everyone is infected somehow (but never explained ; must be in the water), so if you die naturally with your brain in tact, you become a roamer.

If you get bitten on the arm for example, you will die quicker (bit like the difference between having AIDS and HIV maybe?), but if you can amputate the relevant limb quick enough, you can stop the “AIDS” spreading to your whole body.

Wait, is the metaphor for the whole show about AIDS?…

Anyway, as a long time reader of the comic (even though now my interest is waning), I’m hoping that the show doesn’t lose popularity before I get the chance to finish selling off my comics (last year I sold the first issue for about £750 it I remember correctly).

I am interested to see if Negan is as good a character in the tv show as the comic ; let’s see.

Anyway, I’m really looking forward to playing the Vpx ver. of the table.
                                So glad the table authors are taking the time to make it as good as possible ; much better than releasing a half assed version.

P.s: I just though; it’d be cool if the world in The Walking Dead had basically been infected by a virus which had been dropped in to Coke….

Pinball Shawn
                                Participant
                                  @pinballshawn

I worked in Monroeville Mall for years. I’ve been a Romero fan since the 70’s (since Knight Riders), I remember when they were filming DOTD and I wanted to go there so badly but my dad wouldn’t drive us there at 4am. We used to go to the mall and look for all the spots in the movie. Around 2004 they revamped it so it’s different looking now, except those backroom/generator sections, they still look exactly the same. We used to slide down the escalator in Penny’s and get in trouble climbing into the elevator.
                                  Later in life I met Jack (John Russo), he owned a store in another mall and sold NOTLD movie props and autographs. I bought tons and tons of autographed stuff. I even have a cast signed original theater marquee. I used to go on my lunch breaks and bother him for hours and hours with ridiculous zombie questions, he would actually answer them real seriously. We became friends and I still see him often. George Romero moved to Toronto, but I still see him when he’s in town. I see Tom Savini often as well, he really is a cool cat in real life. In fact I see almost everyone involved in NOTLD fairly often, they all still live here and have reunions and movie showings in theaters and my wife and I go to all the events. It really is a Pittsburgh thing, if you grew up here one of the things you wanted to be, as a kid, was a zombie in a Romero movie. Although I never got that chance I’m really happy to be friends with all the ‘Image Ten’ people.

Pinball Shawn
                                  Participant
                                    @pinballshawn

Oh, as for being ‘infected’, yes everyone is. It’s never completely explained but on NOTLD it was kind of explained as a satellite that crashed into the atmosphere and some form of Venusian radiation flooded the earth, thus causing the problem… maybe. But it wasn’t confirmed.
                                    Watch from around 56:00 on. (I actually know where all of those rescue stations are, I live right next to one of them)

freneticamnesic
                                      @freneticamnesic
                                      vipModeratorMember

Finally got my hands on flupper’s ramps. I realized the red ramps would cover up some lights, so I made them semi-transparent. Still looks great, I think.

Still more to do, table is fully scripted so just the fine tuning, fixing gates and brackets on ramps, some more minor details. Same old

Here’s a side by side, standard mode and blood mode

HOME STRETCH BABY

Punch it!

Attachments:
                                      freneticamnesic
                                        @freneticamnesic
                                        vipModeratorMember

oh yea duh left plastic and back wall too, totally forgot to add those! and decal for the left ramp.

Punch it!

Tom Tower
                                        Spectator
                                          @tomtower
                                          vip

Excellent work!!

robertms
                                          Participant
                                            @mophead

That looks sooooooo good, those ramps rule

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 179 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?