The Walking Dead (ICPjuggla & freneticamnesic) wip

Viewing 19 posts - 161 through 179 (of 179 total)
  • Author
    Muzik
    Participant
      @muzik

Great work fren, thank you :good:

Vinthar
      Participant
        @vinthar

Big thanx, will give it a ride tomorrow! :good:

TNT2
        Participant
          @tnt2

Awesome job Fren. Your attention to detail is amazing.

You have recreated 3 epic tables in Star Trek, Metallica, and The Walking Dead that demonstrate what VP10 is capable of. In essence your thoroughness and attention to details are the standard to which other tables are judged. I sure hope we don’t lose you permanently and your contributions to the community are invaluable.

On another note I am still having the same issue I had on the physmod version of the table. I tried downloading the latest ROM off of Stern’s website and regardless of what names I gave the bin and zipped file it always throws an error and won’t load. After having a brief discussion with randr I tried lowering some of the settings before I run the table but that did not make a difference. I tried keeping the original bin name and then renaming the zip to twd_156. Then I tried changing the bin name to twd_156 and then zipping that and that also doesn’t work. Very strange since no one else seems to be having this specific problem.

So if I use the the twd_141 I was using previously with the physmod version I get a checksum error but I can bypass it and still play the table. The audio seems to be fine although I must admit I have never played the table IRL so I don’t really have a comparison. Not a big deal now that I have a workaround just unusual in that I seem to be the only one reporting the error.

Tom Tower
          Spectator
            @tomtower
            vip

Really great work Fren!

Blashyrk
            Participant
              @blashyrk

Oops wrong thread !

Umpa
              Participant
                @umpa

Awesome job Fren. Your attention to detail is amazing.

You have recreated 3 epic tables in Star Trek, Metallica, and The Walking Dead that demonstrate what VP10 is capable of. In essence your thoroughness and attention to details are the standard to which other tables are judged. I sure hope we don’t lose you permanently and your contributions to the community are invaluable.

On another note I am still having the same issue I had on the physmod version of the table. I tried downloading the latest ROM off of Stern’s website and regardless of what names I gave the bin and zipped file it always throws an error and won’t load. After having a brief discussion with randr I tried lowering some of the settings before I run the table but that did not make a difference. I tried keeping the original bin name and then renaming the zip to twd_156. Then I tried changing the bin name to twd_156 and then zipping that and that also doesn’t work. Very strange since no one else seems to be having this specific problem.

So if I use the the twd_141 I was using previously with the physmod version I get a checksum error but I can bypass it and still play the table. The audio seems to be fine although I must admit I have never played the table IRL so I don’t really have a comparison. Not a big deal now that I have a workaround just unusual in that I seem to be the only one reporting the error.

your not alone I have same problem as well!

TNT2
                Participant
                  @tnt2

Can you still play the table?

I am so glad I can still play it. It’s a beauty.

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

I think if you are sure you have everything setup correct it boils down to a few things. 64bit os helps a ton! and 2gb video ram i think is a must so if you have those to things then try without backglass? if it works with old rom it should work with new rom if you have correct vpinmame from vpuniverse.com

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                    for IOS and Android

TNT2
                    Participant
                      @tnt2

Just to give feedback for my own situation I don’t have a cabinet. I just play in desktop mode. Windows 8.1 64-bit, GTX 980, 16GB RAM. Almost of the video settings are set to high. I think this is the only table I have this issue with. It’s really strange. Especially since I had the exact same issue with the physmod version. I still can play the newest VPX tables for 10.1.

But thank goodness I can still play just have run the table with the ROM error.

Umpa
                      Participant
                        @umpa

Can you still play the table?

I am so glad I can still play it. It’s a beauty.

I will try the older version of the rom and see what happens. Thanks!

TNT2
                        Participant
                          @tnt2

Blood mode rocks!

Umpa
                          Participant
                            @umpa

I got it working with correct rom. However i seem to get a stuck ball in the left lane at top of table. Anyone have any ideas?

Umpa
                            Participant
                              @umpa

I just moved the posts at the top and now all is good. Not sure if anyone else had to do this. Thanks again what a masterpiece!

freneticamnesic
                                @freneticamnesic
                                vipModeratorMember

Updated the table to hopefully fix the extra ball registry? At least it worked when I tried it. Let me know!

Punch it!

4 users thanked author for this post.
                                randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

Thank you fren  :heart: no homo.

********************************************************
                                  Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                  So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                  for IOS and Android

********************************************************

TNT2
                                  Participant
                                    @tnt2

Thank you fren :heart: no homo.

:yes:

nate
                                    Participant
                                      @nodzebra

Hey guys here is a link to a video of me playing my walking dead pro skrillex dubstep edition, a link to the game code is in the video description, its in .bin format so just zip it up as you would if you downloaded it from stern, I have already tested it with fren and icp’s VPX version and can confirm its working well, its version 1.56 and has a total sound overhaul other than it playing the original TWD music while waiting to shoot the ball, a couple attract mode animation changes and a a nerds candy easter egg hidden deep within the basket dead walkers!  enjoy!

im pretty sure this turns into a beast of a game I played in this video if I uploaded the right one you can check out the last half of the vid to see the infamous HORDE add a walker murderball 600something million video, either way lots of dead walkers get deadded again.  Im glad I got to own this pin for the short time I did and the only reason I let it go is because it was the key bargaining token to get my hands on acdc premium finally woooooooooot!

Wolfgang
                                      Participant
                                        @mrwolfgang

Updated the table to hopefully fix the extra ball registry? At least it worked when I tried it. Let me know!

<span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>Thanks for the update Fren ; I find this table much more playable now. Also, imho the extra ball animation has to be one of the coolest of any table :-)</span>

Pinball Shawn
                                        Participant
                                          @pinballshawn

Works on my cab, thanks!

Viewing 19 posts - 161 through 179 (of 179 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?