The Walking Dead (Stern 2014) BETA

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

The Walking Dead (Stern 2014) BETA

You guys get to be my guinea pigs. Report bugs please! I’ll gather info and implement in a final release if/when I get there! I’ve taken too long, just want to get this out there since it’s playable and most people should enjoy it in case I disappear. This will probably be my last major table release. I still have a couple tables I want to finish and release but this is probably the last exciting thing you’ll see from me. It’s time to get back to actually playing pinball.

icpjuggla did the core build of the table

gtxjoe helped out a lot with script from our PM5 build so a lot of credit goes to him, especially the GI routines

randr created the well walker model

flupper made the fantastic ramp models and environment map!

knorr made the picture perfect apron 3d model

Many users contributed resources to the build, I’m sorry I lost everyone’s info! Thanks Paulo for setting me up with Northvibe who provided plastics scans and everyone else who provided pictures.

Yes the table is partially incomplete, some minor details are missing. You might not notice.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

3 users thanked author for this post.
      randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Thanks Fren! i hope you don’t disappear! Some of the most amazing tables created on my pincab are from you. Thanks again for the release it looks great. thanks again for all you do :good:

for IOS and Android

senseless
        Participant
          @senseless

Thanks for all the hard work! Will test this baby until my flippers die on me ;).

Ktmboy59
          Participant
            @ktmboy59

Very beautiful table, nice work bud !

Looks like no reaction when i hit the zombie in the prison when doors are open !

Paulo Carvalho
            Participant
              @paulohotline

Thanks Fren for giving us an Easter surprise! Awesome. Your TWD table released the same day as the Oculus Store went live with a boat load of VR games to check out, but I am going to fire up your table on my cab first! Thanks dude.

[Paulo Carvalho Mobile - 204-294-4389]
              http://www.pinballowners.com/paulohotline
              "Life is like pinball, your always trying to keep your balls in play, but in the end, they drop down the middle :)"

Jesperpark
              Participant
                @jesperpark

Thank-you for the table, can’t wait to get home and play this baby.  Also thanks for all your hard work on all your releases :good:

grunger
                Participant
                  @grunger

Very beautiful table, nice work bud ! Looks like no reaction when i hit the zombie in the prison when doors are open !

Looks stunning! However I can report the same issue – the prison doors open, and the magnet engergizes but it doesn’t seem to be registering hits to the zombie inside..

freneticamnesic
                    @freneticamnesic
                    vipModeratorMember

Bug noted, I’ll have an easy fix for that this evening. Thanks

Punch it!

Pinbolt
                    Participant
                      @pinbolt

Oh yes the table looks so brillant. Thank you very much.

grunger
                      Participant
                        @grunger

Awesome! Now that’s how you run a beta! :)

It would be a real shame if you disappeared completely, you’re a fantastic author.
                        That said I can totally understand wanting to take a break from building tables and get back to actually playing!
                        Hopefully you’ll still check in on the various forums either way though

STAT
                        Participant
                          @stefanaustria
                          MemberContributor

Thanks fren – you did amazing Jobs ( i remember since 2014 when i came back to VP )
                          But i hope, you dont lost the “Fun” to build some, completely ;)
                          It is always nice, wheres your Name to read :good:

nicolas
                          Participant
                            @bobbanico

thank you very much for this table. it looks awesome :)

i face an issue launching it : the b2s appears, dmd appears empty and shaker starts to run till vpx stops working. Table never shows. would you have any clues abt this ? thanks again for this great work !

freneticamnesic
                              @freneticamnesic
                              vipModeratorMember

thank you very much for this table. it looks awesome :) i face an issue launching it : the b2s appears, dmd appears empty and shaker starts to run till vpx stops working. Table never shows. would you have any clues abt this ? thanks again for this great work !

I may still have really large textures in there and it’s just a video crash. In your VPX Video Settings, set max texture size to 2048 or 1024 and the table should launch.

Punch it!

Tom Harmon
                              Participant
                                @tharm

Awesome work! :yahoo:   :yahoo:

freneticamnesic
                                  @freneticamnesic
                                  vipModeratorMember

Dumb, ok here’s an easy fix for those who have already downloaded the table: select Primitive271, ld, and rd in the table (the big zombie head in the prison, and the prison doors) and make it toy (not collidable) in the options on the right side of the VP editor. If you’re not comfortable doing this, grab the 032815a release I’m uploading now

Punch it!

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

thank you very much for this table. it looks awesome :) i face an issue launching it : the b2s appears, dmd appears empty and shaker starts to run till vpx stops working. Table never shows. would you have any clues abt this ? thanks again for this great work !

My guess is you don’t have newest rom you need latest TWD rom I tried with older rom and got same issue.

********************************************************
                                    for IOS and Android

********************************************************

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                    Sliderpoint
                                    Participant
                                      @sliderpoint
                                      MemberContributor

Nice table!  Great details on everything!

-Mike

nicolas
                                      Participant
                                        @bobbanico

thanks Randr, i checked and own the latest one. thanks for helping tho :)

Freneticamnesic : i reduced my video memory setting from 2048 to 1024. it worked directly :)

thank you again for this great table !

Wolfgang
                                        Participant
                                          @mrwolfgang

Awesome table :-) You can really see all the time and hard work which went in to this.

It’s probably because this is thr Pro table, but with the cool fish tank included, however is there a way to have the lights off in the fish tank and then they (green lights) only come on temporarily when the ball drains or during certain modes? (it’s been a while since I played the LE version but I think that’s how they worked?).

Again, I realise that this is maybe not possible, and only a feature on thr LE rom, however I thought I’d mention it juat in case (I’m not sure how the fish tank  mod Stern sells for the pro works? ; are the lights juat permanently on?).

<span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>Love the red illumination btw ; haven’t even bothered trying the standard mode yet (do you hit F6 or something to change modes?). </span>

Thanks again

freneticamnesic
                                            @freneticamnesic
                                            vipModeratorMember

thanks Randr, i checked and own the latest one. thanks for helping tho :) Freneticamnesic : i reduced my video memory setting from 2048 to 1024. it worked directly :) thank you again for this great table !

Thanks for checking. This shouldn’t be an issue in the final release as long as I reduce all textures to 1024×1024 ! I almost always forget this though.

Punch it!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 114 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?