The Walking Dead (Stern 2014) BETA

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    freneticamnesic
      @freneticamnesic
      vipModeratorMember

Fickle table, this one…

Punch it!

Drybonz
      Participant
        @drybonz

It’s been great for me except for, like a one week period where it needed a break or something.

Winterpooch
        Participant
          @winterpooch

this table seems very dark, compared to… well, all my other tables. I’d like to be able to see the flippers much more clearly (even when I’m straight.) What is the easiest way to lighten the playfield ? thanks !

ICPjuggla
            @icpjuggla
            MembervipModerator

this table seems very dark, compared to… well, all my other tables. I’d like to be able to see the flippers much more clearly (even when I’m straight.) What is the easiest way to lighten the playfield ? thanks !

Slid the night and day slider built right into The VP editor to the right.

Winterpooch
            Participant
              @winterpooch

Thank you :) I’m still new to vp10, sorry for the dumb question…

Winterpooch
              Participant
                @winterpooch

Thank you :) I’m still new to vp10, sorry for the dumb question…

Winterpooch
                Participant
                  @winterpooch

Thank you!

Johngreve
                  Participant
                    @johngreve

Boy this table is a real beauty…..didn’t think I’d get to see it as I was getting the ROM error message like others were……I tried everything recommended here to no avail…..kinda reminded me of the same ROM error message that I get when I try to load up the ACDC table,which only boots about half the time…or less.
                    Anyway,I came back to the table this morning and tried it just for the heck of it and BOOM,there it was. Not sure what changed overnight,I suspect a reboot of the cabinet would of caused the same thing. Maybe if your having a problem try a reboot and see.
                    At any rate….love the table(not a fan of the show,gore does not appeal to me)I particularly like the way Fren lights a table and those ramps! Georgous!
                    Just recently found this site a couple of weeks ago….great site!
                    Fren….enjoy your pinball PLAYING time now,man you earned it!

freneticamnesic
                      @freneticamnesic
                      vipModeratorMember

Welcome to the club!

I think I did OK lighting on here, but when I handed it off to flupper to do the ramps he put in a new environment and some new lighting options that really set this off. I can only take some credit for that! The ramps he made are perfect. For more of that perfection check out his Black Knight 2000 table, it’s quite breathtaking…

thanks for the kind words

Punch it!

Johngreve
                      Participant
                        @johngreve
                        This reply has been marked as private.
                        Josh
                        Participant
                          @osujd

All,

I have an issue with the Autoplunger on this board. It takes 4 or 5 tries for the ball to plunge out.  It hits the woodbury ramp on the way out.  Anyone else experiencing this?

TNT2
                          Participant
                            @tnt2

This table is a blast. Was playing it again last night.

Also thanks to Fren for recreating newer Stern tables. So much focus goes on the classics of the 80s and 90s (which is good) but it’s nice to see newer pins represented.

Josh
                            Participant
                              @osujd

No doubt Fren your work is truly amazing….I find myself having to pull myself away from playing Metallica and TWD exculsively.  Many thanks for all of the effort.

CarnyPriest
                              Participant
                                @carnypriest

All, I have an issue with the Autoplunger on this board. It takes 4 or 5 tries for the ball to plunge out. It hits the woodbury ramp on the way out. Anyone else experiencing this?

Adjust a control point on the top right side of Wall 31 so that the wall no longer slightly blocks the launch lane.

Josh
                                Participant
                                  @osujd

Carny

Thanks for the reply….I can select wall 31 but then I am not sure how to adjust the control point…all I see under position is Top Height and Bottom Height.  Sorry for such a noob question.

Attachments:
                                  CarnyPriest
                                  Participant
                                    @carnypriest

Ok, if you have found Wall 31 now you can select one of the control points on the upper right hand side of the wall (facing the launch lane). You can either move the control point to the left slightly or if you do have the Options window open you can decrease the Position X value a unit or two. Just enough so that the ball no longer gets hung up on that edge of the wall during auto-launch. It may require moving two control points. It’s been a while since I tweaked this.

There was discussion elsewhere I think on this forum about the issue, but apparently not in this thread. I could not find it.

Josh
                                    Participant
                                      @osujd

Hi Carny,

I  must be an idiot or just missing it.  When I select wall 31 I am not getting any control points.  If I create a wall I see exactly what you are talking about but if I select that particular wall I can only move top and bottom height.  Thanks again

CarnyPriest
                                      Participant
                                        @carnypriest

On the left side of the editor, you will see numbers 1 through 8 and a hashtag. These toggle the graphics layers on and off in the editor. Click the hashtag button to toggle all layers off. Now click button 2. Now select Wall31. The wall will be highlighted with a blue border in the editor. You will see a number of red circles on the edge of the wall. These are the control points. Select one of the control points on the top right edge of the wall. It is in the intersection of the launch lane and the Woodbury lane. Move the control point slightly to the left so that you can get a little more clearance in the launch lane. You can save the table under another file name if you are concerned about messing up.

Dodger
                                        Participant
                                          @dodger1980

Finally I got this table up and running (I have a lot catching up to do).

Table looks stunning. A big thank you to everyone involved.

BUT… I noticed two minor things I want to address:

1. When I don´t complete the left ramp and the balls rolls back, it doesn’t just rolls back on the play field. It hits the left pole at the beginning of the ramp and jumps more to the right side of the field. Is this normal?

2. When the balls drains left it doesn’t activate the “BIT” switch there, because it passes it on the left side and doesn’t roll over it.

Beside that… Awesome!! :good:

takut
                                          Participant
                                            @takut
                                            MemberContributor

Point One: You can move the post more to the left and the ball  will no longer jumps to the right side if the ball is rolling back.

Point two: If you enlarge the left outline trigger, you will get the bit bonus.

I modify the table for my own and also change your two points and also additional some minor changes on the lamps, physics, light, ramps, fishtank strut. I don’t want to share my modified table here on the side because this is frens, icpjuggla’s, gtxjoe’s, randr’s, flupper’s, dark’s and zany’s table and without these guys the table would not be here like it is. But I hope it’s ok for the table builders if I share my mod via dropbox to show you the changes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cc6s8mgvpsltbm1/The%20Walking%20Dead%20%28Stern%202014%29%20032816a_modified.vpx?dl=0

My modifications on this table are not finished. I will also change some plastic inserts, will add one more decal and some other small changes because I really like this table and will make a great table not better but will customized the table according my own taste.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 114 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?