The Walking Dead (Stern 2014) BETA

Viewing 14 posts - 101 through 114 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    CarnyPriest
    Participant
      @carnypriest

You might try to drive all your screens on the gtx 650 rather than using two cards. I never experiences a performance gain or some sort of offloading by driving two cards.

You might also have to live with running this without a dB2S. If you are running PinballX then you can just have it display a static backglass image while in-game. I think the real table doesn’t have flashers in the backbox anyway.

Also can try running at lower resolution (1280 x 720).

TXT11
      Participant
        @txt11

running XP i5 3.20 GHZ 2.96GB RAM VID CARDS GFORCE GTX 650 GFORCE 8400GS this would be the first table that i havnt been able to run…….. thanks

Sparky – I can almost guarantee this is a Win XP 32 Bit memory address issue.  My XP machine will not run this table until everything is turned down to zero with reduced table picture size as well, and then the table looks so bad it’s not worth playing….  The VPX Metallica table is the same.  Until we upgrade to Win 7 64 bit, I think you will have to make do with the PM5 versions. :bye:

Please disreguard all of the above if you are running XP 64 Bit….

sparky
        Participant
          @sparky70

randr, i dont recall if my vid card is 1gb or 2..

but,, i have been trying out different roms, TOTALLY different roms

i tried pre SAM roms, and the table loads, and goes into attract mode just fine, but since the switch matrix is totally different, the dmd usually says missing balls. therefore i cant start a game to get any further.

i tried LOTR  and simpson pinball party, monopoly, even tommy and apollo 13, same thing.

these are all understandable, because the switches that detect the balls, must be layed out completely different…..

Even williams roms load up properly, but the slam tilt switch get tripped by the different switch matrix.

i would have to believe that since the playfield graphics load up 100% and goes into attract mode with these OLDER roms, that it must be some sort of glitch with SAM ROMS, OF COURSE i could also be wrong…

i only get the rom loading issue when calling for a SAM ROM like twd, mustang, acdc, star trek, metallica, etc.. on THIS table.

but i know all of these roms are good because they all work properly on tables other than this.

what do you thik about this, since the table loads with the pre SAM roms/  thanks//sparky

freneticamnesic
            @freneticamnesic
            vipModeratorMember

Well it’s a double whammy. The new roms contain a lot of data, and the table has large textures. One or the other is probably fine but combined it’s just too much. I’d bet you’ve got a 1gb card. If setting max texture size to 1024 doesn’t fix it I don’t have much to add unfortunately.

Punch it!

CarnyPriest
            Participant
              @carnypriest

Yeah, I had looked up the 650. It is 1 Gb. It just may not be enough card to run the larger tables.

sparky
              Participant
                @sparky70

ok fren, i understand, ill keep playing around with it, and hopefully something will magically happen…

for now ill keep playing the pm5 version.

i did find a couple of minor issues with it, but i will post them there soon.

thanks to everybody for their help!!!/sparky

TNT2
                Participant
                  @tnt2

I was just watching a youtube video of some of the differences between the LE and pro editions. Some cool additions on the LE model.

RustyCardores
                    @rustycardores
                    MemberModerator

Yeah, I had looked up the 650. It is 1 Gb. It just may not be enough card to run the larger tables.

I’m running a 4gb GTX960 and can’t run this table. I’m only running 4gb of system ram on a Core2 Quad 2.83 processor, so I assume that’s my problem.

I can run it from VPX on it’s own (no B2S) with the occasional “out of memory” message, but try and run it from PBX with B2S and it just fails miserably.  :(

EDIT: Updated my system specs above.  It was better than I thought.

CarnyPriest
                    Participant
                      @carnypriest

Yeah, that might be it. I’m running an i5 quad core processor and 8Gb RAM. The video card is a GTX 660. I might run into similar issues if I am running tables in sequence with the same VP instance. I don’t have these issues at all running with PinballX as it shutsdown VP each time you quit to run another table.

Pinbolt
                      Participant
                        @pinbolt

Hi fren, I can’t play “twd” with vp 2825 and vpm102916b.

Table starts but before I can see the rom in the DMD the table crashes.

I tested Metalica, Star Trek and TRon, all these tables runs fine.

Any idea?

Thalamus
                          @thalamus
                          ContributorMemberModerator

Hi !

Can someone just verify that their copy of this table is still working after the latest updates ?

I can’t figure out if I’ve drank to much beer while working on this computer that I’ve planned to become my cabinet machine or if there are updates that is the reason for the table to crash.

I often get this error from the gecko. If I change my resolution down to lets say 800×600 start it – I often seem to get rid of the error ( sound weird – I know ) then up to 1080p again and I might be lucky to play it for quite a while. Running it through PBX is a no go. I seem to have a slightly higher chance of success if it doesn’t have a db2s available.

Well, I can live with it since we have the wonderful LE edition now. But, I was hoping to be able to choose between these two.

Jesperpark
                          Participant
                            @jesperpark

It’s still working for me in pinballx and out.

VP10.2  rev 2881, latest Pinmame, B2S R3

1 user thanked author for this post.
                            DJRobX
                              @djrobx
                              MemberModerator

It looks like you are trying to run the old PRO table with the LE rom, and it’s choking on the additional lighting information it’s not expecting.   Make sure the cGameName is twd_156 not twd_156h.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                              Thalamus
                                @thalamus
                                ContributorMemberModerator

Thank you guys – it was too much beer then I guess :-)

I’ll expect I’ve renamed a custom rom … wrongly and that is the real issue.

Viewing 14 posts - 101 through 114 (of 114 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?