Tommy Pinball VPinMame Unity 64bit

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    CarnyPriest
    Participant
      @carnypriest

Yeah, I recall this now:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1820215579/pinball-labs

It was going to take a few months to hammer out initial development and get the platform to a working state. Developer was looking for a little support as he would have to turn away paying work to get this done. He expected it to take about six months. You can complain about the timing of the campaign or that it did not run long enough. But his goal seemed pretty modest to me compared to what TPA had been raising easily to get rights to single tables. The campaign failed. The community spoke. Only 300 backers who cared enough to pledge. It shows how tiny the core really is. The author moved on.

:whistle: :unsure:

Dark
        @dark
        vipMemberContributor

Yeah, I recall this now: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1820215579/pinball-labs It was going to take a few months to hammer out initial development and get the platform to a working state. Developer was looking for a little support as he would have to turn away paying work to get this done. He expected it to take about six months. You can complain about the timing of the campaign or that it did not run long enough. But his goal seemed pretty modest to me compared to what TPA had been raising easily to get rights to single tables. The campaign failed. The community spoke. Only 300 backers who cared enough to pledge. It shows how tiny the core really is. The author moved on. :whistle: :unsure:

Indeed it’s disheartening.

3dcreation

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

Yeah sad. Do it because you want to or don’t do it

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

ozg
          Participant
            @netweight

I remember when PL started, didn’t think much of it at first (but it just started). I thought that it was just someone messing with different physics. I didn’t even know that they had a kickstarter going or I would have pitched in a few bucks. They should have advertised the project on more pin forums, maybe it would have helped. Yes, a shame, only about $3200.00 short. I wish VPX could move into the future but I totally understand not wanting to learn Blender, Unity, Unreal or other software, that could become very daunting.

rothbauerw
              @rothbauerw
              ModeratorContributorMembervip

I’m very satisfied with VPX, but I do get excited about the possibility of a 3D editor with VPX like physics.  I was under the impression that while Unity physics were good, they aren’t on par with VPX.  I have no experience with it, just what I’ve read on the forums.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?