Topper videos

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dustin
    Participant
      @fwiler

I’m creating a lot of topper videos for FX3, anywhere from 1-2 minutes long.

Not best quality because of length, but I don’t really notice because 1: I’m mostly watching playfield and 2: I’m 3ft away from a 13″ screen.

I’m using 1366×412 for topper videos.  I know it’s odd resolution but that is top of my screen.  Bottom half is 1366×350 for dmd.

In any case, would that resolution work for people if I upload them?  I don’t want to bother if that aspect ratio is too far off.  Not sure what other people are using for topper screens.

Edit:  I’m using VBR and curious what bitrate I should choose.  I’ve been using 1500 but not sure if that’s too high.

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

I’m not a topper user but I’m sure someone will answer this that knows

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

RustyCardores
          @rustycardores
          MemberModerator

The standard topper ratio is 21:9 or 1920 x 822 pixels.  If wanting to share, I would suggest that you create in this standard.

The people that need a lower res because of system resources can always manually downscale to a smaller file size.

Your ratio is extremely wide and I doubt it would suit many Topper users, as it would compress the image significantly in the horizontal and look odd.

It may suit Under users however. These users have split the DMD screen under the backglass to run topper images there as well (hence why they are called “Unders”)…. these screens are often quite wide and may be more suitable for your ratio.

Dustin
          Participant
            @fwiler

Thanks!  For PuP related videos, is 21:9 used?  That was also a consideration.

I didn’t go 1920 because I couldn’t find good 1920 resources for most video I needed and also couldn’t see any difference at my screen size, and I already run a 4k screen, 1920×1080 backglass.  The file size difference is huge.  I don’t know if me trying to upscale is a good idea compared to letting the lcd upscale if people are really running 1920 toppers.

TerryRed
              @terryred
              MemberContributorModerator

Thanks! For PuP related videos, is 21:9 used? That was also a consideration. I didn’t go 1920 because I couldn’t find good 1920 resources for most video I needed and also couldn’t see any difference at my screen size, and I already run a 4k screen, 1920×1080 backglass. The file size difference is huge. I don’t know if me trying to upscale is a good idea compared to letting the lcd upscale if people are really running 1920 toppers.

I normally make any Topper videos for my PuP-Packs in 1920×822, 21:9.

However, you’ll notice I tend to have a “safe-area” on the top and bottom that isn’t being used much, so that the videos can be cropped to better fit an “under” screen, which is what I currently have.  That resolution is approx  1920×562.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?