Trade Winds (Williams 1962)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    wrd1972
    Participant
      @wrd1972
      MembervipContributor

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/trade-winds-williams-1962/

Welcome to my recreation of of the classic Williams Tradewinds from 1962.

This table has been a true labor of love and has been modeled off of the two real Trade winds machines that I own. Yes, I said two. Well really three since the third that was purchased for parts and then ultimately became my VP Pincab.

Back in the late 70,s, my father bought me a real TW and that is where the love of Pinball started. Like a 10 year old fool, I sold it to buy a video game console around 1982. Fast forward to around 2010, my father decided to purchase another TW for my kids to play. Of course, I had no objections. Hey, there is another one for sale. Oh we will just scoop that one up as well. Hey, there’s a parts machine for almost nothing. Why stop now. So thats the short story. LOL

On this VP10 release of Williams Trade Winds, the PF was photographed and completely redraw to precise scale. Every object is precision placed. Every EM mechanical behavior exactly duplicated. Every sound recorded and applied right down to the sweet  music of all real EM machines, solenoid buzzing. Everything is here.

So who wants to go to Tahiti? Enjoy
      Bill

Note:
      VP10.1 minimum to play this table

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

10 users thanked author for this post.
      randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Looks great! need to try this after you added sounds! THANKS for the upload!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

wrd1972
        Participant
          @wrd1972
          MembervipContributor

No problem. I might have doubled up on the pics. Feel free to delete the dupes. Looking forward to see it on the front page.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

On my cab I had to fiddle with the layback a bit was a bit deep for my setup but sure looks good. Working on getting landing page updated I’m a bit behind on that! :) which is a good thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

for IOS and Android

Drybonz
            Participant
              @drybonz

Hey Wrd… was playing your Tradewinds in beta, and just got a chance to check out the completed table.  It looks and plays great… you did a fantastic job.  I think it’s a really nice tribute to the table you loved as a kid.  Thanks.

STAT
              Participant
                @stefanaustria
                MemberContributor

wrd thanks, great Table – which directb2s do you use ?
                Edit: the one from RP ?

wrd1972
                Participant
                  @wrd1972
                  MembervipContributor

Thanks Bonz.

Yeah the only DB2S backglass is the one from RP. I am currently drawing the the real BG image for a new DB2S that will be high res. Haunt freaks is likely gonna do the DB2S stuff. Expect a a new BG soon.

Tom Tower
                  Spectator
                    @tomtower
                    vip

Is this a VPX table or real photo?!?! amazing  :good:

wrd1972
                    Participant
                      @wrd1972
                      MembervipContributor

Is this a VPX table or real photo?!?! amazing :good:

LOL Someone posted a similar comment a while back. The funny thing is, I wanted a visually high quality table, but photo realistic was not really the goal. The table just sort of fell together the way it did and even I was blown away by how photo realistic it looked.

And as I have said before, I had a good team to help to make it happen. Be sure to check the credits in the script.

wrd1972
                      Participant
                        @wrd1972
                        MembervipContributor

I just put a new rev up. I had to set the shadow layer ramp to NON collidable.

Thanks HF for pointing this out.

Dr.Tom
                        Participant
                          @crile1
                          MemberContributor

where can I download the db2S backglass.  Can’t find it anywhere

BorgDog
                          Participant
                            @borgdog
                            MemberContributorvip

where can I download the db2S backglass. Can’t find it anywhere

RP as mentioned above, stand for rogue pinball, I believe it’s just roguepinball.com

1 user thanked author for this post.
                            Dr.Tom
                            Participant
                              @crile1
                              MemberContributor

Thank you Wrd1972 for your hard work on this table.  It is beautiful.   My cabinet sits next to a 1964 Gottlieb Big Top that I restored.  Your table is the closest to sounding like the real thing.  I totally get your love. My Big Top was from my Grandmother’s home.  I had only seen it function once as a kid until I recently restored it.  There is history and memory in that game that surpasses electronics.  But that is why we love pinball, right?

1 user thanked author for this post.
                              wrd1972
                              Participant
                                @wrd1972
                                MembervipContributor

Indeed the memory’s. Thanks for the kind words.

Okay I am having the real backglass professionally photographed here at work today. I have photoshopped a BG and its really good. But I want to try to leverage the real BG image…un-photoshopped if we can get a good enough quality shot. The glare and reflections make it very difficult.

I am doing some more swizzling of the FS backdrop and have changed some more things to improve actual scale and POV to the real thing. Good topic on this over at VPF. So expect another rev in the next few days.

wrd1972
                                Participant
                                  @wrd1972
                                  MembervipContributor

New rev (1.2) is up.

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

thankyou

********************************************************
                                    for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Ben Logan2
                                    Participant
                                      @benlogan2

Another work of art, wrd1972. Thanks so much for your amazing contributions to our community.

bha19
                                      Participant
                                        @bha19

I just scored 1,000 points and got an error message about b2s. I am playing on a desktop with one monitor.

wrd1972
                                        Participant
                                          @wrd1972
                                          MembervipContributor

Rev 1.3 is posted. Fixed the DT view, 1K points error issue. Also added animated rubbers and fixed the mech tilt.

Drybonz
                                          Participant
                                            @drybonz

Thanks, wrd… appreciate making a post about it too, so I didn’t miss the update.    :good:

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 48 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?