Tron Legacy (Stern) (PuP Edition)

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Darquayle
    Participant
      @darquayle

I finally had time / courage to try the new PUP add-on for VP.  Your TRON table + PUP integration is incredible.  This is a perfect table to show off the capabilities and you’ve done an excellent job at making it appear seamless.  For those who haven’t tried it yet, please do.  If you have a cabinet with only 2 or 3 screens it is still very easy to take advantage of this.  I’m running on a 3 screen system and I run the backglass videos across the entire backglass and then run the topper videos in the lower 20% of the screen.  At times both videos are active but it still looks like it was meant to be.

Really great job!

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

All I can say is….if you think this version is good….wait until you see the updated version that will take advantage of some new features of PuP….

Attract mode has the movie’s trailer playing on the Topper…when you start the game you get nice Tron logo animation on topper and good luck on bg….super pops, super bumpers, double scoring. shoot again, ball saved, end of line mb, extra ball is lit, background topper of tron logo, “maybe” gem zuse and clu will loop on Topper now, Sea of simulation, Skill Shots….

All taken from the updated FP DOFLinx PuP version of Tron Legacy Ultimate I did last week. Both are looking so cool.

…and yes I’ve added this update to Dozer’s beautiful update of this table, and it won’t use any PuP commands in the table anymore (just my own code). It works completely with PuPB2S using DOF calls, but the extra videos will require the use of dmdext (and an actual B2S backglass as well)….but for the extra update it’s sooo worth it for the VPX version. (FP version works fine all on its own…no need for anything but PuP and DOFLinx).

TerryRed
          @terryred

This is a video demo on my new updated Tron Legacy (PuPCapB2S Edition)… I need a better name. :)

It’s a video preview of a new upcoming feature of PinUP Player, called PuPCapture that NailBuster’s been working hard at completing. This feature basically uses DMD images (from dmdext) to trigger PuP videos.  The last half of the video explains more about PuPB2S and I show how PuPCapture works.

This version of the table includes all the previous updates by Dozer, DJRobx, Rusty Cardones, and Haunt Freaks….based on ICPjugglas VPX table. The table will be available when the new version of PinUP Player that supports this function is released (its still a WIP feature).

Watch the entire video to get most of your answers…. :)

Cognis
          Participant
            @cognis

Hi Terry.  I configured this table on my cab and it looks and plays great however a small issue.  I do get the topper video to display in my “4th” monitor (followed your cab build minus the addressable LEDs) but the backglass videos are not coming to front and so they play behind my b2s backglass.  If I alt-tab to a playing video and have it come to front it will do the “popup” correctly from that point on until I close the table.  I have to follow this procedure every time I play the table.  This is currently my only PinUp table so can’t speak of how others will work.  Do you know what I did wrong in my configuration?  I do have both my backglass and topper configured for Popup as you suggested in the readme.

Also in your youTube video (not the one posted above) I see that your backglass has some neon outlines on the uniforms and the recognizer.  Is this a special backglass or part of some other configuration mistake I made to not see that?  I do have the latest version of the table mod and the Pinup pack.

TerryRed
              @terryred

Hi Terry. I configured this table on my cab and it looks and plays great however a small issue. I do get the topper video to display in my “4th” monitor (followed your cab build minus the addressable LEDs) but the backglass videos are not coming to front and so they play behind my b2s backglass. If I alt-tab to a playing video and have it come to front it will do the “popup” correctly from that point on until I close the table. I have to follow this procedure every time I play the table. This is currently my only PinUp table so can’t speak of how others will work. Do you know what I did wrong in my configuration? I do have both my backglass and topper configured for Popup as you suggested in the readme.

Also in your youTube video (not the one posted above) I see that your backglass has some neon outlines on the uniforms and the recognizer. Is this a special backglass or part of some other configuration mistake I made to not see that? I do have the latest version of the table mod and the Pinup pack.

With the newer updates to PinUP Player coming out, the way the new layering works, you “may” no longer be able to have your directb2s work with PuP “behind” the videos. This is part of why I had only a PuP background showing. So you wont really be able to have your own b2s backglass working with the new updates coming out.

I have an all-new Tron PuP-Pack coming soon that will work with every Tron table (except for PuP-Edition based tables). I will release an updated version of this table that will have none of my PuP code, and will work with the new PuP-Pack properly.

Draxonic
              Participant
                @draxonic

Hi there. Love your work.

I have the Stranger Things PUP Edition working perfectly.

When I run this however, I see the video clips, but no “regular” backglass – the screen just goes black when it’s not playing a video clip. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Drax

TerryRed
                  @terryred

Hi there. Love your work.

I have the Stranger Things PUP Edition working perfectly.

When I run this however, I see the video clips, but no “regular” backglass – the screen just goes black when it’s not playing a video clip. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Drax

Been so long since I’ve even run this version. My recommendation is to use another Tron table (that are NOT PuP-Edition based), and use one of the new Tron PuP-Packs as its much better than this version (which is out of date).

1 user thanked author for this post.
                  Draxonic
                  Participant
                    @draxonic

Been so long since I’ve even run this version. My recommendation is to use another Tron table (that are NOT PuP-Edition based), and use one of the new Tron PuP-Packs as its much better than this version (which is out of date).

Ah! Okay…there’s some element there that I didn’t understand. I will do more research! Thanks.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?