This topic contains 12 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  freelunch 3 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
     freneticamnesic 
    vipModeratorMember

Yea sorry haven’t been active lately, lots going on. Lost the hard drive in my pin building pc so it’s hard to get motivated to make tables when all your stuff is gone.

Saw this pop up in a local facebook group recently:

Figured I would see how it looked…it’s ok… feel like it really does need color.

Here’s a lookup table for anyone interested in trying it out:

If you have a different lookup table let’s see what you’ve got

Some users who have liked this topic:

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Interesting Twilight Zone to say the least. “different”

We all miss you around here Fren!

robertms 
    Participant

Fren, it’s TOO DARK!

Seriously man, you’ve pioneered so many cool things in VP, we miss your creativity. Have you played with 10.4 at all?  ;-)

Dark 
    Participant
    vipMemberContributor

Good to hear from you old friend. :P

I like the cab but inside the cab lacks contrast without colour.

As for being motivated with all your stuff being lost, I’ve been there and the only bit of encouragement I can offer is to try to think of it as a fresh start to do something new.

3dcreation

cyberpez 
    Participant

Hey buddy, bummer on the drive..  I can’t even imagine  :wacko:

Pretty cool mod, would be interesting to add a bit of color here and there..  like gumballs, bumper caps and the sort.. just pops of color here and there..  hmmm

Scotty VH 
    ModeratorMember

How are color tables applied in Visual Pinball?  Is there a univeral setting somewhere, I would I need to apply that LUT to each image and reimport them?

The Loafer 
    Participant

nice to hear from you Fren, sorry for your lost HD. :(

Thalamus 
    Participant
    ContributorMember

Loosing data like that is depressing. You know it might happen. You know you should take backups. And then …

BorgDog 
    Participant
    MemberContributorvip

That’s pretty awesome Fren.. the b/w thing not the data thing… anywho, since we all know all old stuff was black and white from now on all my tables will come looking like this.

Attachments:
     Thalamus 
    Participant
    ContributorMember

:cry:

:whistle:

… I remember when everything was B/W too, but, I must be getting old. I remember clearly they used to supply table name in the instruction card.

Wipe the camera lens Dan :rose:

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  Thalamus.
     freneticamnesic 
    vipModeratorMember

Lol thanks guys.

@ScottyVH if you import the color grade LUT via image manager, go to backdrop in the VPX editor and change the lookup table to the BW one you’ll get a new color grade. A neat trick for anyone who wants to have some fun and has access to photoshop or similar, import a screenshot of the table you want to tweak into photoshop, adjust the color, saturation, hue, however you want it to look. Import the lookup table image from that table and do the same exact adjustments to it, import it back into the VPX table, and you can play how your photoshopped image looks. It’s a quick way to come up with deeper colors or washed out lighting etc for people who want a little bit of customization!

I think the idea is cool on a real pin, you’ll have some color from lights and things that this mod won’t replicate, but it’s quick and dirty so you can’t expect miracles!

freneticamnesic 
    vipModeratorMember

I did this on Space Cadet, don’t recall if I uploaded it…but when the alarm goes off on that table (re-fuel) the color grade is scripted to change to all red hues and over saturation. I thought it was neat. If I didn’t upload it, it’s gone forever, whatever I’m not bitter  :wacko:

freelunch 
    Participant

I did this on Space Cadet, don’t recall if I uploaded it…but when the alarm goes off on that table (re-fuel) the color grade is scripted to change to all red hues and over saturation. I thought it was neat. If I didn’t upload it, it’s gone forever, whatever I’m not bitter :wacko:

I still have 092516b, I assume that means it’s from September 2016, so maybe that version is too old. I can throw up a dropbox link if you want it.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2018 VPinBall.com

WP Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account