Unable to record.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Ken Lowe
    Participant
      @kenlowe

Hello,

Thanks for all the hard work, this combo pack is amazing…

Hopefully someone will know what to do. I am unable to record, I tried setting the control for recording to be a button on my cab, when that did not work I tried clearing it and re-setting it to use the “r” on the keyboard. but still nothing.

Any ideas?

Please let me know

Thanks

Ken

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

Try running the pinupmenu.exe as Admin  (but nothing else in PinUPSystem folder should be set to that).

NailBuster
          @nailbuster
          ModeratorMember

also,  it may not be obvious…. but the record key/feature ONLY works when you launch the game via ‘record menu option’.

To launch in recording mode you go to game menu and select record and select which screen.  then game will launch.

then you press recordkey to start and press again when finsihed (max 60 seconds…but always press to stop).

CodingGamer
          Participant
            @codinggamer

I tried using ‘r’ for record and it was not working for me either.  I switched it to ‘a’ and then it worked fine.  Not sure if ‘r’ was overlapping with something else or if it just did not save it correctly the first time?

Thalamus
              @thalamus
              ContributorMemberModerator

Don’t bind to anything that VP already has in use. Blieve ‘r’ by default is rules. And – don’t press it while having a great game of WW. Code is there to display rules, but, well – it will crash your table since there are no sub with the name.

Ken Lowe
              Participant
                @kenlowe

Thanks guys!

I am now recording…”while playing with my balls”   Hilarious!

Scooby
                Participant
                  @scooby

also, it may not be obvious…. but the record key/feature ONLY works when you launch the game via ‘record menu option’.

To launch in recording mode you go to game menu and select record and select which screen. then game will launch.

then you press recordkey to start and press again when finsihed (max 60 seconds…but always press to stop).

Hi NailBuster, I’m trying to record my table videos from PinupPopper (so they are not rotated and look right on my portrait setup). I have tried setting pinupmenu.exe both with and without “run as admin”. When I run tables from within Popper and then press the key or cab button I have assigned to record, nothing happens. I have tried setting the “A” key and also tried assigning a non-used button on the bottom of my cab to record, but still don’t see it recording videos.

Where do I launch the “record menu option”? I can’t seem to locate the game menu you refer to. Is it inside the Pinup system folder or within PinupPopper when running? I feel like a real newbie, but this program looks so great and I want to get it working!

NailBuster
                    @nailbuster
                    ModeratorMember

also, it may not be obvious…. but the record key/feature ONLY works when you launch the game via ‘record menu option’. To launch in recording mode you go to game menu and select record and select which screen. then game will launch. then you press recordkey to start and press again when finsihed (max 60 seconds…but always press to stop).

Hi NailBuster, I’m trying to record my table videos from PinupPopper (so they are not rotated and look right on my portrait setup). I have tried setting pinupmenu.exe both with and without “run as admin”. When I run tables from within Popper and then press the key or cab button I have assigned to record, nothing happens. I have tried setting the “A” key and also tried assigning a non-used button on the bottom of my cab to record, but still don’t see it recording videos. Where do I launch the “record menu option”? I can’t seem to locate the game menu you refer to. Is it inside the Pinup system folder or within PinupPopper when running? I feel like a real newbie, but this program looks so great and I want to get it working!

you need to have a key assign to menu select that brings up the game menu  (play, add to favs, info…)   that menu has record option.

also if you are in portrait mode… you have to make sure your pupdisplay is still set to NOT rotate 90… needs to record as 0.

Scooby
                    Participant
                      @scooby

I’m now running my setup in landscape mode to make things easier. I am able to record individual screens manually from PUP, however when I try using the auto record feature, the first two tables record properly for the backglass and playfield. Unfortunately the second table from my list (ACDC) then stays on the backglass while I can hear PUP “loading” the next table. It then continues to “record backglass” and then “record playfield”, however it keeps recording the ACDC table and I end up with several copies of the ACDC table videos for PF and BG, just named to the other tables from my list.

I then tried setting AutoRecord to only record the PF videos (and started with other tables to rule out it was related to ACDC) and that seems to have only worked for the first two tables as well. Then it continues to record the same table that loaded second, even though it thinks it’s loading a different table each time.

How can I get the auto record feature to record all screens and continue closing tables once they’re done and then load and record the following tables? I have approx. 200 tables I would like to record.

I’m running a 4K playfield TV, 720p backglass and old LCD monitor for the DMD (although I’m not recording DMD videos).

NailBuster
                        @nailbuster
                        ModeratorMember

haven’t heard of any issues with auto-record in Popper…

your problem is either a particular table is ‘crashing’ vpx (probably your 3rd table)…

there are 3 log files in the recording subfolder of pinupsystem that are created for each recording.

while it seems that its recording the ‘wrong’ stuff… that’s not whats happening.  if there’s an error in recording the table with use the last ‘good’ recording… so you will see what you’re describing with a bad record.

Scooby
                        Participant
                          @scooby

After changing my game exit buttons in VPX so there was not conflict with exiting in PUP (a different thread), I decided to run the auto-recorder in PUP again and selected to have it record the BG and PF. It’s currently running, but I noticed a few things.

The BG seem stuck on the second table and the DMD seems a bit behind the table loadings. For example, the BG remains on ACDC (it would be another table if I had removed ACDC and started after that table from the list). The DMD loaded properly for the first two tables, then got stuck on the third or fourth tables’ DMD, then caught up. However I can see an Ultra DMD behind a VPM DMD which occurred around table 10 in the auto-recording.

Also my cab DOF flashers and front button lights are going crazy as they continually flicker on/off while in auto-record.

The PF was switching, but would quickly flicker between the last few tables it ran before settling on the table it was trying to load.

The auto-recording then got stuck on table 10 or so, which happen to be Return/Attack from Mars VPX.

I then had to force quit as I can’t see the StopAutoRecord.bat file while the auto-recording is in progress. Is there a way to see/use the StopAutoRecord.bat when needed?

When I looked at what videos had recorded, no BG recorded and I had 16 vids in the PF folder. However, about half of the PF vids were of the same few tables, but were named other tables.

It’s as if the auto-record function is not allowing each table (PF, BG and DMD) to close properly before it tries to open the next table. I have the aut0-record program set to delay each table opening at 20 seconds and exit table delay at 10 seconds (the defaults I believe). The BG is set to record 10 seconds of video and PF is set to record 15 seconds of video.

I attached snapshots of what my PUP folders look like and a few files from my Recordings folder. Which are the 3 log files that will help understand the issues I’m having with auto record?

NailBuster
                            @nailbuster
                            ModeratorMember

couple of things…

first try and increase the delays to see if that helps…

if that doesn’t work then it maybe something with your DOF… if vpx doens’t fully close b2s server then DOF can remain open.

you could set useDOF=false and try recording all 200 tables and see if that works.

Scooby
                            Participant
                              @scooby

I have been trying to get the auto record function to work for the last few days and I’m still having issues. What seems to be happening is windows are staying open (PUP, VPX and B2S), even though after the first few tables, it looks like the aut0-record program is closing them. After these windows have remained open while the auto recorder keeps moving through tables, my system eventually (around the 7th table opened) comes to a halt and I can’t even ctrl+alt+delete. I’m forced to manually force shut off my system.

What I have tried:

Disabled B2s in VPX, then selected PUP auto recorder to only record the playfield.

I changed the delay settings for both record start and exit, up to 15 extra seconds each.

I verified my resolution matches in PinUp player settings and my 4K monitor.

I verified that I changed ‘if %7% == 3 goto gpu’ in recordstart.bat.

I then installed OBS suite and made the appropriate changes as described in the wiki as well as the exact steps for that software from the wiki. This includes changing ‘if %7% == 3 goto obs’ in recordstart.bat.

I can easily record each table manually and the videos look great. I just wish I could figure out how to get the auto-record function to work for me so I don’t need to record each one manually.

Attached is a screenshot of my Windows Task manager when I was able to open it at one point) and my PinUP player settings and record start/stop files.

I’m hoping these files might shed some light on what’s going on and how to fix it.

Thank you again for this great program and your help as I work my way through it!

NailBuster
                                @nailbuster
                                ModeratorMember

I’m guessing your problem is not with auto-record at all….  its that your setup is not working ‘right’ and exiting/closing vpx completly.  (auto-record is mainly a ‘simulated’ keypress application)…

try this first:  forget about recording for the test.

with your setup.  go into and out of 5-7 vpx tables… and then see your task manager…  see if the vpx are still running.

Scooby
                                Participant
                                  @scooby

It seems the issue might be the button mapped on my cab that I have always used for exiting VP (in and out of a frontend) is mapped to the Q key. I’m using Zeb’s plunger board. Is there a way to re-map this one button to use the X key?

When I switched the “exit emulators” key in PUP to the X key, tables seem to exit much more quickly and don’t leave PUP open and hanging like before when my exit emulators key was mapped to my cab exit button.

I’m thinking this might solve the issue, but I’m not sure how to change my cab’s exit button to become key press X.

I don’t believe Zeb’s board uses something like ipac software where I simply change that button to now become the X key instead of the Q key.

Any idea how I can change the key that seems coded to my cab exit button?

NailBuster
                                    @nailbuster
                                    ModeratorMember

You could try to change the VPX exit key to not be Q and keep Q as Popper exit emu….

best to have Popper close vpx, so not have both with same exit key.

dbl check that Q is only assigned to EMU exit in popper and no other function in Popper as well…

Scooby
                                    Participant
                                      @scooby

I verified both ways, first keeping Q as the only assigned button in PUP and changing the VPX Exit game button to key X. I then swapped those keys in VPX and PUP. Both ways had the same result.

For some reason, VPX needs either the Q or Esc key pressed in order to close. For example, when VPX has say key X mapped to Exit game, when I go to close a table playing in VPX (outside of PUP), the X key only brings up the dialog box that shows the three options of  Resume game, Debug, or Quit to editor. The only way to fully close the table is to press the Q or Esc keys.

If the Exit game is mapped to the Q or Esc keys in VPX, I need to press one of those keys twice in order for VPX to close the table.

Somehow, I need to find a way to map my cab’s exit button to something other than Q, so I can use a different key for PUP to exit emulators.

IndianaJones
                                      Participant
                                        @indianajones

Hi there. The melody of Jeopardy keeps playing after hitting stop recording. After waiting a loooong time, I then quit the game. Now, a video from another table is showing in the current table media. Meanwhile the Jeopardy song keeps still playing until I reboot my machine. The voices for start and stop play perfectly.

Any ideas?

IndianaJones
                                        Participant
                                          @indianajones

It is working for me now. I changed from the default method to GPU. I also had to delete the leftover file output.mp4 file in the recording directory.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?