Recycle old PC parts and help others :D

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Fulltilt
    Participant
      @fulltilt

Hello everyone,
      I have been thinking of something to do to help someone get started with this hobby. I have met so many helpful people on many different pinball forums that helped me tweak my cab to perfection, well almost! There is always something to test and try. Anyway .. I just thought it would be a good idea to giveaway the 2 EVGA GTX480’s I have sitting here after my upgrade. I would like to figure out some fair way to give them away. So this post is to let you know its going to happen in the next few days.

Please post what you think, and thanks for reading,
      FT

Attachments:
      Itchigo
      Participant
        @itchigo

Your 480’s have my 280 beat. ;-) . But I’m only running 2 screens too.

Just for clarity, what do you mean by “Must pass background check”, and where do you live?

(For the record I’m running a GTX 280 without any issues. While I wouldn’t mind upgrading, everything works. Unless my card goes out I probably won’t replace it).

Be a Rogue! http://roguepinball.com/ Full Screen DirectB2s Tables no one else has!

freneticamnesic
          @freneticamnesic
          vipModeratorMember

Does your 280 run VP10?? What resolution PF monitor?

Punch it!

Fulltilt
          Participant
            @fulltilt

Just for clarity, what do you mean by “Must pass background check”, and where do you live?

I asked Randr for a thread title name when I explained what I wanted to do, as a joke he gave me this one and I decided to use it :D

I live in Florida

Itchigo
            Participant
              @itchigo

Does your 280 run VP10?? What resolution PF monitor?

I just tried it, but I haven’t gotten into vp 10 much. Toledo works fine. Maybe a tiny bit of microstutter, but nothing serious. I don’t get that on vp9 at all.

Running a z-68 Gigabyte mb, with an I5 2400k overclocked to 3.9 on air. Oh, and 16gb ram with a 650 w p/s. Because of the way I run this PC I have 1920×1080 for the playfield, and 1280×1024 for the backglasses. I have 2 outputs on my 280, so I run things like this:

A “Y” connection to the backglass and my desktop screen.
              Other output goes to the playfield tv.

I use a hotkey (Windows +P) to extend the screens. This makes the playfield the primary monitor for pinball/games. Windows +P again and Duplicate, then I can work on my desktop screen. If I get bored I can change the source on my backglass tv, and watch a movie while working as it’s hooked to the cable as well. It is a tv after all. :good: The backglass tv is 1080p though. This is an old pic, I have a normal backbox now (thanks Tamoore).

Be a Rogue! http://roguepinball.com/ Full Screen DirectB2s Tables no one else has!

Attachments:
              TrackMaD
              Participant
                @me2010

This is very kind of you mate :good: , my 2 cents worth is have a little competition based on sprucing up the logo here a little, not that i dont like it just a suggestion for the giveaway.

boomshakalaka

Itchigo
                Participant
                  @itchigo

I stink at art. :scratch: I think that logo isn’t bad actually. I think it just needs color/gradients.

ICPjuggla
                    @icpjuggla
                    MembervipModerator

This is awesome Fulltilt great idea….

After my upgrade is done on my cab I might do the same thing with my old card’s..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?