Game of the week challenge – Discussion

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 148 total)
  • Author
    freelunch
    Participant
      @freelunch

It’s available on vpinball, too, I linked to it in my last post (the link is cleverly hidden in the phrase “America’s Most Haunted”).

Oh yeah it’s available here as well, and I made 3-4 posts on it lol :wacko: Since you guys are playng on it, does anybody else see the balls in the trough waiting to be played?

Oh yeah, one of the version updates to to VPX caused that to be the case with this table for whatever reason, I forgot when it happened. I fixed that for myself awhile back and forgot. I’ll just upload my version of the table with the playfield transparency fix, the high score fix, and the DMD color/size/position settings you can modify at the top of the script. If for some reason the UltraDMD script preferences forces the virtual DMD for real dmd users (not me so I didn’t test) just comment it our or, hell, delete it if you want. https://www.dropbox.com/s/aq66swx0xzfk4tu/amh%20091315a_fix.vpx?dl=0

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Jesperpark
      Participant
        @jesperpark

This is why i love games of the week, if nothing else bugs and fixes are brought forward.  Nice fix with the dmd as well, luckily i never needed it

Thanks @freelunch

Bob Albright
        Participant
          @bobalbright

I’ll start the ball rolling with a mediocre 25,322,650

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

freelunch
          Participant
            @freelunch

I’ll start the ball rolling with a mediocre 25,322,650

84,303,480 is my personal best, but I’ve only played a handful of games so far this week. I’m at 40,447,430 right now. I’m hoping to do a session today or tomorrow to try to beat, or at least come near my PB.

Attachments:
            Bob Albright
            Participant
              @bobalbright

Does anyone else have an issue with this table where it plays fine, but at the end of a game, it won’t let you launch another unless you close out and launch again from editor? I just downloaded the table again and will try with the new download

Jesperpark
              Participant
                @jesperpark

I had a few times where the ball drains, drain music is played, then it seems like the drain is forgotten and the drain music plays again. Continues that way until restart the table.  I had my best score but not even sure what as this happened on the last ball.  I know it’s no where near free lunchess score

freelunch
                Participant
                  @freelunch

I had a few times where the ball drains, drain music is played, then it seems like the drain is forgotten and the drain music plays again. Continues that way until restart the table. I had my best score but not even sure what as this happened on the last ball. I know it’s no where near free lunchess score

I don’t think I’ve encountered this, sorry to hear your high score run was interrupted. I’ve had the drain music repeat twice due to a captured ball release when draining in the middle of a mode, but the table resumed correctly for me in these cases. Do you happen to remember if you were in a specific mode?

Does anyone else have an issue with this table where it plays fine, but at the end of a game, it won’t let you launch another unless you close out and launch again from editor? I just downloaded the table again and will try with the new download

Is this when you don’t get a high score? I made a post earlier in this topic linking to my dropbox version that fixes that bug.

On this subject of bugs, I can (rarely) get the ball stuck attempting a skillshot. If I can overcome my laziness, I may just make an official mod to address the few problems we found, assuming I’m capable enough. I’m pretty sure the physics could be improved as well, but I think understanding what feels more realistic is beyond me. If I do end up doing this, I may ask someone like @Thalamus if they could help me with physics improvements. I still have a Fathom mod he made when that was the game of the week over at vpforums. I think I’m getting ahead of myself though, I still really ought to do a FP>VPX table conversion I’ve been meaning to do to really grasp everything that goes into making original tables in VPX. I think that would help me approach working on AMH as it’s coded like an original table. The only things I’ve done with AMH amounts to me duct taping a broken chair leg, but that doesn’t mean I can make a chair should it be necessary for cleaning up the problems we found in AMH.

Bob Albright
                  Participant
                    @bobalbright

Thanks Freelunch–didn’t see that post. And that, indeed fixes it. So what’s the next table gonna be?

Scotty VH
                      @scottt
                      ModeratorMember

Freelunch wins!   What’s the next table Freelunch?

Who says there no such thing as free lunch?   B-)

Bob Albright
                      Participant
                        @bobalbright

I think he’s having free lunch now :)

freelunch
                        Participant
                          @freelunch

Oh right, I’ve been itching to play Class of 1812 from our MBC friends. I haven’t even loaded it yet, but NZ&TT do amazing work. http://www.monsterbashpincab.com/forums/topic/classof1812-vpx/

Scotty VH
                            @scottt
                            ModeratorMember

Great choice, Freelunch!

Bob Albright
                            Participant
                              @bobalbright

Agreed..good choice.  I only played it a couple times and I didn’t find any issues

Scotty VH
                                @scottt
                                ModeratorMember

I played several (err… many) games today.  My highest score was in the 22 million range.  I’ll post proof if needed, but I suspect this will be blown away by someone else.  I’ll keep trying though.  This is a great table and an amazing recreation!   I love this aspect of game of the week challenges… the encouragement to keep playing a table, learning the rules, learning tricks and best shots, etc.

freelunch
                                Participant
                                  @freelunch

I’m still working on it, but I’m posting this one early so @Scotty VH  doesn’t get complacent :P

Attachments:
                                  Bob Albright
                                  Participant
                                    @bobalbright

I’ve had several scores in low 20’s. As you say, I’m working on it

Bob Albright
                                    Participant
                                      @bobalbright

How do I enter my initials for a high game. Seems l have pressed all the buttons on my cab and all I can get is AAA

Bob Albright
                                      Participant
                                        @bobalbright

I found my answer in the support thread at the other site. Not sure if it works as I haven’t had any good games to put my initials in!

freelunch
                                        Participant
                                          @freelunch

Cycling through letters for entering initials is the up/down keys for navigating the ROM operator’s menu, defaults are 8 key and 9 key. This probably sucks if you’re a cab user who’s setup doesn’t have buttons for that purpose, and your keyboard isn’t conveniently accessible. I’m not aware of a workaround.

Bob Albright
                                          Participant
                                            @bobalbright

And the fix for entering initials for HS does indeed work. I used the script added lines as opposed to modifying the vbs. Yay!

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 148 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?