War of the Worlds 1.03 ZED(DOFLinx)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Dr.Tom
    Participant
      @crile1
      MemberContributor

http://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/war-of-the-worlds-1-03-zeddoflinx/

DOFLinx mod of Future pinball War of the Worlds.  A truly engaging game that has an 80’s feel and a killer soundtrack.  I made it extra “flashy” with a call out to about every switch and kick.  Hope you enjoy.

DOFLinx – “A powerful utility for cabinet owners to make the most of force feedback and lighting.” – by DDH69 This Future Pinball table has DOFLinx commands added to it. This will enable support for pinball cabinet force feedback devices such as solenoids (flippers,bumpers,slingshots,drop targets,etc), RGB lighting and flashers, beacon, strobes, blower fan, shaker and more!

1 user thanked author for this post.
      TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

Dude…you’re out of control…but in a good way!  :)

Great job! Lot’s of work put into this!

Good use of roll-overs and other triggers to set off Flashers. This table is loved by a lot of people… and this mod allows it to flash and shine!

Question: Do you have any of the following in your cab?

-shaker

-gear

-blower fan

-beacon

-strobes

-RGB undercab lighting

-Start, Launch, Coin, Fire button  lights

These are what I have left for video tutorials to do (I’m doing the buttons lights now).

Just wondering… you’re doing such a great job…. but if you don’t have any of the above cabinet toys to test with, would you mind if anyone else added support for those toys to your DOFLinx mods?

Not every table needs those to be added in, but some of them can really add that extra bit of flare to a table.

Again….great work. This is a table that EVERYONE should have.  If you VP guys have never tried this table…give it a go! It’s a very unique table, and now with DOFLinx support you cabinet guys have no excuse!

You can echo  the above post in regards to Blue vs Pink as well….great job!

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

I need to try these the pink blue looks to have levels on playfield set in a rather neat way. Just have had no time to try any lately but will soon!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

DDH69
          Participant
            @ddh69

Dr.Tom, As the creator of DOFLinx its great to see another author adding DOFLinx code to tables. TerryRed made me aware of your work and I am looking forward to getting a chance to try your recent table mods.  Sadly it will be days until I can (work, etc).

Just wanted t say “Hi” and if there is anything I can do to help you with anything DOFLinx related don’t be afraid to reach out.

Dr.Tom
            Participant
              @crile1
              MemberContributor

Thanks for the encouraging words everyone .  TerryRed, I have a shaker but none of the other items you mentioned.  My start and launch buttons are not wired in to my DOF.  I know I could add support for the other to us  (gear,undercab,etc), but would not know how to test them.  So, please feel free to mod if you want to add those.  Didn’t really see an area in the war of the worlds table to add shaker to, so that is why I left it out.  Plus, it just seems to give off an 80’s vibe to me and seems to fit without it.  I’m going to try some animations next time.  Would be really great with the Three Angels table, but that is the 400 level class of table to mod.  So much opportunity there.

Dr.Tom
              Participant
                @crile1
                MemberContributor

TerryRed, in the future, perhaps I can script in support for some of those other toys (I know from YouTube that you have them all) and let you test the table before I upload it.  I can post it in the fp tables forum here as a WIP.  What do you think?

TerryRed
                  @terryred
                  MemberContributorModerator

Always happy to test a table.

For myself, I don’t have a shaker or gear motor, I only have a blower fan. What I do is I configure (in DOFLinx.ini) my Blower fan port to act as a gear motor or shaker when I add in the DOFLinx support. Then I test the table with my blower fan for those moments. After I know each of the devices work correctly for the table, I put my DOFLinx.ini back to my normal setup.

It would be important also to the have the “list of devices used in this table” in the DOFLinx section in the table script to accurately reflect what devices you have supported so far. That way if someone else wants to help / update the table, they will know what has been done.

senseless
                  Participant
                    @senseless

Thanks for another DOFLInx table, at this rate the majority of FP tables will be DOFLinx proof in the near future :).

marie
                    Participant
                      @marie

I was wondering:

Is it possible to move the ‘ video screen’ on the upper part of the table to the backglass of this tremendous table?

Dr.Tom
                      Participant
                        @crile1
                        MemberContributor

You cannot do it directly.  I’ve tried.  But on tables that have this effect  (Slamt1lt’s earlier mods) the video is assigned to the table, not the translite (backglass).  Sorry.  But, fun table, eh?

marie
                        Participant
                          @marie

Ok, thanks.

Then I just enjoy the tripods the way they are now… :good:

Mopac1991
                          Participant
                            @mopac1991

Erm, hello,

I don’t mean to be a bother or anything, but every so often when I play this table, I encounter a bit of a fault where the captive ball (the red one in the upper right of the playfield) will pop out of its hole after I make a shot at it and the game gets stuck looking for a missing ball after both balls drain, or the ball-in-play (one of the green ones) will get stuck inside the captive lane along with the captive ball.

Other than that, I’m a big fan of this table, for you couldn’t have a better soundtrack to play along to, the table looks great, and other than the fault I mention above, it plays very well indeed.

Sincerely yours,

Brendan O.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?