Weird Attract Mode Playlist Issue

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Iain
    Participant
      @iain1986

I’m seeing a weird behaviour with Attract mode and coming out of it back to the menu system.

All I have is SQL playlists. When I leave the menu on the root menu for 2 mins for the attract mode to start, everything works as expected.

Annoyingly, the following bug is not 100% reproducable. But. So far this seems to happen when the attract mode is showing me a Pinball FX3 table (VPX seemed fine oddly). When its showing one, if I press any input, the playlist its showing seems different to any I have in my cabinet.

For example, I have a Marvel playlist that contains both FX3 and VPX tables. When attract mode showed me a Marvel FX3 table and I hit “left flipper” to kill attract mode, it seemed to be showing me the Marvel Playlist with *ONLY* FX3 tables, no VPX were shown and it only contained Marvel FX3 tables (no others).

Then when I hit “Menu return”, it returns me to the “root”, but *all* the buttons just show “pl_default” icon and pressing enter on any of them does nothing, except for one which takes me back to this weird “Marvel but only FX3” playlist.

I have to quit out of the system completely and reboot to get any other tables and my playlists reshowing.

Any one else seen similar weirdness?

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

I’m seeing a weird behaviour with Attract mode and coming out of it back to the menu system.

All I have is SQL playlists. When I leave the menu on the root menu for 2 mins for the attract mode to start, everything works as expected.

Annoyingly, the following bug is not 100% reproducable. But. So far this seems to happen when the attract mode is showing me a Pinball FX3 table (VPX seemed fine oddly). When its showing one, if I press any input, the playlist its showing seems different to any I have in my cabinet.

For example, I have a Marvel playlist that contains both FX3 and VPX tables. When attract mode showed me a Marvel FX3 table and I hit “left flipper” to kill attract mode, it seemed to be showing me the Marvel Playlist with *ONLY* FX3 tables, no VPX were shown and it only contained Marvel FX3 tables (no others).

Then when I hit “Menu return”, it returns me to the “root”, but *all* the buttons just show “pl_default” icon and pressing enter on any of them does nothing, except for one which takes me back to this weird “Marvel but only FX3” playlist.

I have to quit out of the system completely and reboot to get any other tables and my playlists reshowing.

Any one else seen similar weirdness?

I haven’t had anything like that…but I also don’t have any SQL active playlists yet, either.

NailBuster
          @nailbuster
          ModeratorMember

strange… the attract mode just picks a random playlist from db and loads it like ‘normal’.

check all your playlists again… you may have some ‘rogue’ ones it is choosing.

Iain
          Participant
            @iain1986

No rouge ones I can see (expect the weird single random table one….?).

Is there a playlist database I could query to check if there’s any rogue ones that aren’t being displayed, or any state that’s messed up? If there is what’s the sql table name?

Iain
            Participant
              @iain1986

Ok, I guess “Playlists” and that worked :P

So, found the culprit. Back when I was experimenting with playlists I created one, that then had 2 playlists as children. I didn’t like these and I deleted them all. Not sure how, but the 2 children are *still* in the DB but aren’t displayed when editing playlists. Maybe I deleted the root playlist and it left the children orphaned in the database?

Anyway, there are 2 playlists, that I can’t edit in the editor and they both have a “PlayListParent” ID set to an ID that doesn’t exist anymore, so I guess thats why it breaks when going “Menu Return”!

So i’m deleting them and i’ll report back over the next day or so if I see the issue happen again (and yes, the playlists that I thought I had deleted that still exist in the database are Marvel FX3 specific!)

Iain
              Participant
                @iain1986

Simple test (sorry not at my cabinet anymore) would be to make a playlist, add a child playlist, delete the parent and see if the child one is still in the DB.

It disappears from menu editor because that appears to render as a tree from Home.

NailBuster
                  @nailbuster
                  ModeratorMember

yes… will have to add check to not allow delete of a playlist if has ‘children’

Iain
                  Participant
                    @iain1986

Deleting those orphaned playlists seems to have fixed it.

Out of interest, does it literally just pick a random playlist or is there more logic? I have a playlist that just contains playlists, and also have one that is basically ‘a random table’ and has just 1 entry…..will those mess up bad if the attract mode picks them (havent seen it happen yet)…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?