Welcome to the new SSF (Surround Sound Feedback) forum.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 136 total)
  • Author
    Siggi
    Participant
      @siggi

I will give it a try, I’ve ordered everything and will start next week.

Wish me luck :good:

DJRobX
        @djrobx
        MemberModerator

Maybe a silly question but were do I get the “Peace/EqualizerAPO config file” and how to use it?

Whenever you make changes in EqualizerAPO or PeaceUI, it results in a new config file being generated.    The real question is what exactly do you want it to do?

I recommend the PeaceUI in addition to EqualizerAPO – its UI is terrific – it gives you access to the raw commands while still allowing you to adjust individual channels with the graphical UI.

Attached is a screenshot of what I’m currently using for my shared sub.   The commands in the white boxes are the important part, it’s what I added that copies the bass frequencies from all the channels and puts them onto the LFE (.1) channel of the 7.1.    A small modification can be made to this that sends the bass to the front channels, so if you say, had a 2.1 speaker system connected to your backglass, it could augment the bass from the table sounds  (I had it this way originally)

The commands in the gray box are what are added by the UI when you manipulate the sliders and such.

3 users thanked author for this post.
        Siggi
        Participant
          @siggi

Horay, it’s done. Everything is built in, is working and what can I say:

It’s absolut amazing!!!! :yahoo:  

I’m totaly blown away, this MUST be the new standart in all VPX Tables.

Forget about the hole “DOF/Solenoid Stuff” this is a hell of a lot better.

I can hear the ball rolling, the Droptargets drop down in the right place and this “Klong” when the ball Drains…. and,…. and ….,and…………

Feels like playing a new cap.

A million thanks to all your guys who put so much hard work in this SSF System and this Forum, you’ve inspired me to do this and it was worth every penny.

And to all the others: Go for it! You will not be disappointed.

Again, this must be the new Standart or would you go to a Cinema with “Stereo Sound System” if you can have surround?

2 users thanked author for this post.
          RustyCardores
            @rustycardores
            MemberModerator

Horay, it’s done. Everything is built in, is working and what can I say: It’s absolut amazing!!!! :yahoo: I’m totaly blown away, this MUST be the new standart in all VPX Tables. Forget about the hole “DOF/Solenoid Stuff” this is a hell of a lot better. I can hear the ball rolling, the Droptargets drop down in the right place and this “Klong” when the ball Drains…. and,…. and ….,and………… Feels like playing a new cap. A million thanks to all your guys who put so much hard work in this SSF System and this Forum, you’ve inspired me to do this and it was worth every penny. And to all the others: Go for it! You will not be disappointed. Again, this must be the new Standart or would you go to a Cinema with “Stereo Sound System” if you can have surround?

Thanks, I love hearing great feedback like this (pun intended  :yes: ).  It makes me feel less of a crackpot with just silly drunken ideas.  lol  :mail:

fjser
            Participant
              @fjser

Hi, just finished installing and testing the Rob method with 4 exciters and a sub with the backbox speakers. Wondering if anyone has any guidance on setting up Equalizer APO/Peace UI?  From reading the thread, Im thinking that the goal is to get the part (or all?) of the bass from the back/rear channels to get redirected to the front (backglass) channel which has the actual woofer?  Do you need to tell it to send part of the bass? a percentage?  Sorry, sound isnt really my thing…just trying to understand the best way to do this..

LeChucksBeard
              Participant
                @lechucksbeard

I use it to “create” a subwoofer channel using 50% of each of the backglass speaker channels, and 25% of each of the 4 exciter channels. That seems to work well for me although I might try to up the percentage from the exciters and see how that works. I have a high-pass filter on the backglass speakers (depending on their specs) and let the exciters be full range. A big difference in my setup is that I use a 7.1 surround receiver with a .1 sub output, and the sub channel gets the sound from all the other channels, using an external powered sub.

In the setup you mention, the Equalizer APO settings might need to be a bit different. So I guess try to direct 25% of each of your 4 exciter channels towards the backglass but lowpass it to what the sub will reproduce (let’s say 80hz for example), and then count on the amp you are using for the bass management of that to the sub.

Unfortunately, those cheap Lepai amps that are used everywhere usually have a pretty poor crossover and chances are you’ll end up with the exciter sounds still on your backglass speakers, I think.

Thalamus
                  @thalamus
                  ContributorMemberModerator

I finally jumped on the wagon after reading Rusty’ comments for what must be over a year. Then when 7.1 came I kind of knew that I at some time would get this setup. It is frigging amazing DjRobX ! Can’t thank you enough for implementing this in VP ! Upgraded the cab to “DjRobX” alternative, and stuck a 1080 in just for good measure. I know, it is overkill, but, who knows what the future might bring. Curious to if the Peace tweaks will make it even better. Have troubles understanding how that is possible right now.

Back to playing even though my feet hurts like hell from standing. Can’t get enough ! :)

Thalamus
                    @thalamus

Hi guys. I’m still a bit confused as to how it is recommended to setup ssf with my current hardware. It seems I’m not the only one with

3 x 2.1 subs, 4 x exciters, 2 backbox speakers and a sub. My first question is the very basic – what mode under audio preferences should I choose

Right out of the box, I ticked 7.1 the last option – aka (6 ch audio) like @djrobx describes here http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3232-new-vpx-feature-surround-sound-output/

My confusion is partly because I’m sure I’ve read somewhere that he is NOT using this mode himself ?

I’ve installed EQ APO and Peace but, I’m stuck since I don’t understand how to end up with the settings that are described before in this thread. ( the pre and post part ) I guess I’m half way there since if I go to the commands the middle section looks the same as Rob’. But, at this stage, it doesn’t sounds as good as if I just leave Peace at the standard 7.1 output.

I have very little experience in this area so a helping hand to get over the goal line would be much appreciated.

@ginsonic
                    updated his “guide” over at VPU. And I believe I’ve set it up correctly. In the screenshot you see that I’ve disabled Peace, which is exactly as @djrobx posted earlier now.

No matter if I run DjRobX’ settings or Ginsonic’ – I still have this problem that bugs the hell out of me.

Pinmame tables play sound in backglass speakers and sub. Recent tables has nice 7.1 directional sounds. But, originals is my main problem. I don’t know if this is a VP bug or not. If I in Sound Manager choose any sample and “push” it to background. It plays very muffled in backbox speakers and sub. I need to put my ear right up to the speaker in order to hear it at all. If I turn it around and ask for it to stay on table but via the gui slide the sample to the very back it is played on SR/SL.

Turning off the amp to the exciters gives my only very quiet sound on R speaker in the backglass after pushing absolutely all samples to the backglass in Soundmanager.

The table I’ve been trying to get to work is JP’s Serious Sam. It has a lot of nice music and quotes.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                    Thalamus
                      @thalamus

Seems I finally resolved it. What the exact culprit was is still a mystery. I went through everything that had a reset to default button and even if I put in the same values afterwards it started working as expected. Windows is NOT always your friend that is for sure.

Thank you for the information provided both here in the thread and by @ginsonic over at VPU.

Ginsonic
                      Participant
                        @ginsonic

Congratulations Thalamus, I’m glad to hear, that you could manage it! I know such annoying problems so well.

What I experienced by myself was, that the soundcard settings suddenly went back from 7.1 to Stereo after a reboot, so always check these settings before, when something is not sounding right.

And another advice: Try to keep the VST plugin chain short and simple to avoid side effects and latency (delay between sound and picture). BTW: Equalizer APO does not show visual responses (level led bars, meters…) within a VST plugin’s graphical window, so do not wonder if it seems not to work, it actually does!

Thalamus
                          @thalamus

I understand. It was quite late last night before I got it working so right now I have only setup DjRobX’ Peace. But, from the tests I did while using only EQ APO / vst plugins the way you provided I really liked the way it sounded. So, I will set that up once more. This time, remember to save the configs as something else than the default ;-)

redrooster
                          Participant
                            @redrooster

What are/how do you get the VST plugins that are referenced above?

Thalamus
                              @thalamus

Simple google search. I didn’t get exactly the same. But plugins that did the same thing for a price of – free.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                              redrooster
                              Participant
                                @redrooster

I wanted someone to confirm that before i started downloading things.  Thank you.

DJRobX
                                  @djrobx
                                  MemberModerator

Just wanted to add some quick notes here about getting bass routing with EqualizerAPO.

I recommend the PeaceUI add-on to EqualizerAPO as it lets you input commands while still using the GUI for everything else, but these commands can be applied no matter which UI you’re using.

The correct way to do this depends on whether you’re using a sub shared off of the backglass (front/left) or if you are using the SUB channel.

For a sub shared on the front channels (a 2.1 system attached to L and R), I turn on the sub channel in the Windows config, and start by copying the exciter sounds to the SUB channel. Then I low-pass it at 150hz. Then in post-mix, I copy it back to the L+R channels:

Stage: pre-mix
                                  Copy: SUB=0.25*RL+0.25*RR+0.25*SL+0.25*SR
                                  Channel: SUB
                                  Filter 0: ON LP Fc 150 Hz

Stage: post-mix
                                  Copy: L=0.50*L+SUB
                                  Copy: R=0.50*R+SUB

** IMPORTANT **
                                  Turn the SUB channel ON in the windows speaker config even if you’re not using it. This gives us a channel where we can filter the sub-bass before mixing it back with L+R.

If you are using the actual SUB out, it’s similar but a little different. Now you need to mix the bass from L+R into the SUB as well, but you high-pass the L+R channels in post-mix:

Stage: pre-mix
                                  Copy: SUB=0.25*RL+0.25*RR+0.25*SL+0.25*SR+0.15*L+0.15*R
                                  Channel: SUB
                                  Filter 0: ON LP Fc 150 Hz

Stage: post-mix
                                  Channel: L R
                                  Filter 0: ON HP Fc 150 Hz

KrakenByte (LEGACY)
                                  Participant
                                    @acespike

Hello!

Incredible work here with this so impresive project. All the developer team is really awesome. :good:

I’m now thinking about make it my own version and I’m wondering if I could use 4 amplifiers instead 3 to use this extra amplifier to amplify the subwoofer and central speaker signals of my 7.1 sound card. :wacko:

What do you think about this possibility? Do you think it could be work fine? :unsure:

THX! :heart:

KrakenByte Kraken

Thalamus
                                      @thalamus

I guess you could, but, I’m not sure if I would. Regular speakers will not give the same effect as exciters do. Or they could if you play very very loud. But, by then it would feel very unrealistic. If you follow the suggestions you should be able to get very realistic feedback. On tables like Metallica where there music constantly are playing isn’t as exciting if you don’t adjust those samples to play a bit louder than they are set to. It is on those tables where there isn’t a constant sound coming from the game where 7.1 really shines. Because it is sound we’re talking about. The extra software Equalizer APO + Peace makes you able to do almost anything with the sound. Even what you are planning should be doable.

KrakenByte (LEGACY)
                                      Participant
                                        @acespike

Ok, thank you for your fast answer, but perhaps I’m not explain me so well. I’ll suggest to use flat exciters in all channels except the two from front (backbox) and another in the subwoofer.

Then, the change that I suggested is only to add a new amp for the subwoofer LFE channel of the 7.1 card output.

Do you think it will work like a 7.1 amp system, of course, with exciters instead speakers?

Thanks again

KrakenByte Kraken

Thalamus
                                          @thalamus

I’m sorry. I don’t understand fully. I would suggest going for the DjRobX setup with 3 smaller amps in the beginning of this thread.

KrakenByte (LEGACY)
                                          Participant
                                            @acespike

Thank you Thalamus, :good:

I’ll try DjRobX setup. But, perhaps I’ll do some experiments with an aditional amp for the separate LFE channel for the subwoofer coming from the sound card output because now the lepy 838 is so cheap and the invest worth it. B-)

I hope tell you soon the results and thanks again for your advice. :yahoo:

Regards! :bye:

KrakenByte Kraken

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 136 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?