What do we think of this ? VPDB ..

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 152 total)
  • Author
    Tom Speirs
    Participant
      @tspeirs

Hey, how about a poll?

Can you do that here?

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

@TSpeirs

You should see a checkbox when you edit “keep a log of this edit” just un check it. :good:

Yes polls are here i just have them disabled. I can enable them but didnt think anyone would use option.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Tom Speirs
        Participant
          @tspeirs

Thanks randr.

I say go for it and take the polls feature for a spin. I was thinking something really simple for this. Either Yay or Nay. Thumbs up, thumbs down kind of thing.

Personally I need to see if I really am just a sucker or people actually like what we are trying to do ;)

ICPjuggla
            @icpjuggla
            MembervipModerator

@freezy

@tspeirs

1st off I’m not painting anyone out to be ‘satan’ or untrustworthy. Let’s just clear that up right off the bat. I personally don’t know either of you and you don’t know me. I was just trying to have an open discussion of how some may feel about this weather it be positive or negative. Both sides should be addressed and we’re all entitled to our opinions. If you took a second and saw it from someone else’s point of view maybe you could understand why I feel the way I do about this.. It’s clear and been documented others In the past have run off and profited off my work and other authors (to be clear I’m not saying either of you have done this). So seeing it from diffrent eyes maybe you can see why I’m hesitant about the project because in the past us authors have been burned and others have taken our work to profit from.

If you read though my post’s I actually stated VPDB was a pretty cool idea but maybe it’s not for me. Although I do admit maybe some day I’ll change my mind but at this time we still don’t know enough about it and how it’s actually going to work. I guess some of us need some time here too see how everything pans out with it.. I also feel both sides should be discussed here weather you like what I say or not some things should be talked about. We all need to have an open mind and understand some people may have a diffrent point of view.

I also think PinballX is a great program I my self use it in my cab.

Tom Speirs
            Participant
              @tspeirs

That’s a reasonable post and I can’t disagree with any of that. I think the earlier posts were off but happy to move on as you also seem to be.

I should probably shut up now and move on but I think if burning people was the plan and I was that way inclined I would go to an awful lot less trouble and work!

You’ve also made some great contributions to the community and thank you for what you do too. Best we remember we all only get upset because we are so passionate about it. Its a positive thing really. I was defending myself.. I don’t think it added anything of value here. Sorry.

Cheers.

Tom.

Tom Speirs
              Participant
                @tspeirs

Anyway, what do we all think about SAM? Poison or medicine?

ICPjuggla
                  @icpjuggla
                  MembervipModerator

That’s a reasonable post and I can’t disagree with any of that. I think the earlier posts were off but happy to move on as you also seem to be. I should probably shut up now and move on but I think if burning people was the plan and I was that way inclined I would go to an awful lot less trouble and work! You’ve also made some great contributions to the community and thank you for what you do too. Best we remember we all only get upset because we are so passionate about it. Its a positive thing really. I was defending myself.. I don’t think it added anything of value here. Sorry. Cheers. Tom.

Naw man we’re are all good. I totally agree we only get heated because we’re all passionate about this stuff and love pinball. I also appreciate what you’ve done with PinballX, it really is a great program.. I may sometimes come off 1st as a dick, I’m well aware of it, it’s just the way I talk but very rarely do I mean any ill intent by it.

Tom Speirs
                  Participant
                    @tspeirs

I hope I didn’t kill of the discussion here? Was not my intent.

Sliderpoint
                    Participant
                      @sliderpoint
                      MemberContributor

I don’t think so. I would guess everyone here(and clearly VPU) has no problem with SAM pins.

It seems that most people just want to make sure that when implementing something like this we’re not cutting out the community/forums side of the process. But as I questioned earlier because it’s available for anyone to access the code something could be written to do exactly that, just watch for new uploads and automatically download them. Never actually visiting or reading about the build or efforts or authors, etc.

I love the idea of a single download for all the required files. I also like the idea that something like your pinballx could monitor the file version and maybe the front end could pop a message that there is a new version of a table available. But I would just want it to tell me and I would go get it, not automatically download it.

Lastly, if we don’t want it to cut out the community, where could this be tied to? Paul doesn’t seem on board and they stated it can’t tie in here because of the platform differences. Of the big players, VPU is there, but I haven’t heard much from there other than he’s having a harder time keeping the funds going.

So… where to go from here…?

-Mike

Tom Speirs
                      Participant
                        @tspeirs

I still don’t see why it cant just be seen as an “addition”. Perhaps I am wrong on that. I’m not going to be responsible for damaging the community though. So if that can be proved I am out.

I would also not listen to any site owners in regards to this. You may get quite a biased view as they think they are protecting their interests and I have first hand of experience of when they do that. I will not be listening to the heads of these sites at all. I am certainly very concerned and interested with what the rest of the community thinks though. I am happy to work with anyone though.

PS: Platform differences are simply a development job for us. Is that really the reason Paul gave? Can you show me the post? I approached Paul about this many times, several before we even started work on it. The main issue he claimed was he didn’t trust anyone. We then decided to do it on our own and  then later the argument was the community involvement thing we are hearing.

randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

Head of this site is every member! I just set it up and keep it running :) Truely want this place to be a site people can call their own.

This community is full of amazing people and I’m sure the community will come up with best way to do whatever needs to be done.

********************************************************
                          for IOS and Android

Tom Speirs
                          Participant
                            @tspeirs

I would also not listen to any site owners in regards to this.

No worries @Randr. Sorry buddy. That comment was not aimed at you but I obviously can’t start calling specific people out.

randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

Didn’t think it was aimed at me no worries. I’ve supported you in everything Tom you know that! Even shaving your head! ;)

for IOS and Android

Tom Speirs
                              Participant
                                @tspeirs

I think your pretty awesome buddy. Your way at the top of my list :)

You do so much (I’ve seen it) and ask for nothing. Your a better person than me :)

Tom Speirs
                                Participant
                                  @tspeirs

I never said I was quick but maybe SliderPoint is “pointing” us to the solution and we should work together!? Its not my decision but why not!?

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

I just wanted to have favorites option in pinballx integrated within front end! ;) I don’t ask for much usually. Lol

for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                    Tom Speirs
                                    Participant
                                      @tspeirs

Sorry if I am dragging my feet on that. lol

I should probably talk to Freezy about this first but what do you think about adding a voice of reason to the project and if there is a way to make it work while keeping the community satisfied, see if we can?

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

Couldn’t hurt. Freezy seems like a good guy so can’t see why not

for IOS and Android

Tom Speirs
                                        Participant
                                          @tspeirs

Couldn’t hurt. Freezy seems like a good guy so can’t see why not

Great.

I don’t see why anything has to be off the table either. I’ve said it already and some may still have trouble with that but we just did it because we thought it was cool and a good idea.

Ill talk to Freezy on messenger when he is freed up.

Cheers.

Tom.

Tom Speirs
                                          Participant
                                            @tspeirs

By the way, if you want more clarification on the VPCabs stuff if you still have concerns although I’ve opened up on everything already in this topic but just get me on PM. I obviously just need to be somewhat professional publicly but I’ve got no secrets. Its nothing juicy or gossip worthy though. Its all much about nothing!

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 152 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?