What PuP mods, or PuPB2S creations are you making?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    MisterKai
    Participant
      @mrkai

I would be…wary…of long-running video clips. This is known to interfere with VPX performance and why, you know, video toppers get switched off at launch. I saw mention of looping video running on backglasses and wanted to “put it out there” as they say…

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

I would be…wary…of long-running video clips. This is known to interfere with VPX performance and why, you know, video toppers get switched off at launch. I saw mention of looping video running on backglasses and wanted to “put it out there” as they say…

As far as Tron with VPX…no issues at all here with the videos on backglass and Topper videos looping, etc…

My system is more of a normal system. Not high end. i5 2500K, 8GB ram, nVidia gtx970, SSD.  I run VPX at 4K in exclusive fullscreen, dmdext, PuP running, full DOF. No effect on performance with PuP running two videos, or changing videos a lot on both. I did a lot of testing with NailBuster to push my system hard back when PuP was first developing.

Looping videos would mostly be used for multiball modes I expect.

MisterKai
        Participant
          @mrkai

What version of windows are you running?

MisterKai
          Participant
            @mrkai

As far as Tron with VPX…no issues at all here with the videos on backglass and Topper videos looping, etc… My system is more of a normal system. Not high end. i5 2500K, 8GB ram, nVidia gtx970, SSD. I run VPX at 4K in exclusive fullscreen, dmdext, PuP running, full DOF. No effect on performance with PuP running two videos, or changing videos a lot on both. I did a lot of testing with NailBuster to push my system hard back when PuP was first developing. Looping videos would mostly be used for multiball modes I expect.

I’m running an i5 with an Nvidia 1060 and your videos cause issues on the versions of TRON tables with lots of lighting effects, pretty consistently. The issue doesn’t manifest on the versions without it and there as been mention of this in other places, “but”…

:)

TerryRed
              @terryred

As far as Tron with VPX…no issues at all here with the videos on backglass and Topper videos looping, etc… My system is more of a normal system. Not high end. i5 2500K, 8GB ram, nVidia gtx970, SSD. I run VPX at 4K in exclusive fullscreen, dmdext, PuP running, full DOF. No effect on performance with PuP running two videos, or changing videos a lot on both. I did a lot of testing with NailBuster to push my system hard back when PuP was first developing. Looping videos would mostly be used for multiball modes I expect.

I’m running an i5 with an Nvidia 1060 and your videos cause issues on the versions of TRON tables with lots of lighting effects, pretty consistently. The issue doesn’t manifest on the versions without it and there as been mention of this in other places, “but”… :)

I run in Windows 10 64 bit. Is that a 4 core i5 you have? (I actually used to run a 2 core i5 in my cab which is not up to the task).

I’m running that same table with Dozer’s updated lighting…and it’s also the same table that I’m using for the updated Tron PuPCapture demo I showed. No issues at all. Silky smooth with no stuttering and in 4K.

Try running that same updated Tron table “without” PuP enabled to see if it still causes issues. If it does…then it has nothing to do with PuP. Also…are you running in exclusive fullscreen? If not…well I can’t help you there.  :) You NEED to run in exclusive fullscreen to avoid problems.

If the original version ran fine with PuP…well nothing changed with PuP at all with the new Dozer version…so it seems like you are having issues with the extra lighting in the table (which will be more demanding)…not PuP. If Video Toppers from PBX are being turned off at table launch because they cause problems…then you have other issues that have nothing to do with PuP.

I run the updated Tron PuP with dmdext, PBX video Toppers running, and PuP with PuPB2S and PuPCapture all in 4K….no issues. If others are having problems with a similar spec’d system…then something on their setup is causing the issue.

mpt3k
              Participant
                @spuds

I definitely have something weird going on with my system, as a few weeks ago, I upgraded from a GTX760 to a GTX980 and now I get ball stutter on a bunch of tables!! I do remember having to tweak stuff to get the 760 running smoothly and I haven’t yet had the time to optimize the 980. But this was happening even before PuP.

I know it’s off topic, but when I try to run in Exclusive Fullscreen, my vpin app just quits to the desktop. Duh.

-Spuds

TerryRed
                  @terryred

I definitely have something weird going on with my system, as a few weeks ago, I upgraded from a GTX760 to a GTX980 and now I get ball stutter on a bunch of tables!! I do remember having to tweak stuff to get the 760 running smoothly and I haven’t yet had the time to optimize the 980. But this was happening even before PuP. I know it’s off topic, but when I try to run in Exclusive Fullscreen, my vpin app just quits to the desktop. Duh. -Spuds

You need to change pinmame’s DDRAW=0….if it’s DDRAW=1 then it WILL crash with exclusive fullscreen enabled. You may have to change that in the registry for PinMAME for your tables.  Make sure to set that in PinMAME defaults as well.

Try running my setting that I use here…but make sure you have DDRAW=0 for ALL tables and pinmame default.

Make sure NVidia control panel is at DEFAULT for VPX as well!

MisterKai
                  Participant
                    @mrkai

You need to change pinmame’s DDRAW=0

I’ve seen this in more than one place. How exactly does one do this…exactly?

Thalamus
                      @thalamus
                      ContributorMemberModerator

” Also…are you running in exclusive fullscreen? If not…well I can’t help you there. :) You NEED to run in exclusive fullscreen to avoid problems. ”

Don’t know why but, I’ve been switching between these modes quite a lot and I don’t experience problems. Now I’m back to windowed since it simply is easier to work with.

Thalamus
                        @thalamus
                        ContributorMemberModerator

It does so it is possible to run forced fullscreen. I’ve set it for all tables, no issues switching between the modes. And as I wrote, back to windowed for the moment.

TerryRed
                          @terryred

I know there’s a program that will set DDRAW for you…can’t remember it’s name….

Anyway…you need to goto pinmame’s settings in the registry, and change ddraw to 0 for default…and all of your tables.  Either from command prompt, or from RUN in start menu…   enter  regedit to open the registry. In the registry you need to goto:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Freeware\Visual PinMame\

This is where all your settings for each table in pinmame is kept. Look for “default”, find ddraw on the right and double-click it, and change it’s value to “0”. All new tables from here on will use this setting.

You also need to do this for every table you already have played.  The easy way is to “export”:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Freeware\Visual PinMame\

…to a *.REG file.  Then edit that REG file with notepad….and do a Replace of every DDRAW for all tables (so they are 0) in one shot and save your REG file.  Then double-click that REG file to re-import it.  Now all your tables have DDRAW=0.  You can use this method to do changes for other settings as well.

TerryRed
                            @terryred

” Also…are you running in exclusive fullscreen? If not…well I can’t help you there. :) You NEED to run in exclusive fullscreen to avoid problems. ” Don’t know why but, I’ve been switching between these modes quite a lot and I don’t experience problems. Now I’m back to windowed since it simply is easier to work with.

The original reason was so that VPX stays in focus with B2S, dmdext, etc…and with PuP I imagine this to be more the case for some people. When running in 4K, VPX won’t run smooth in windowed fullscreen under any settings for me  :(

MisterKai
                            Participant
                              @mrkai

Yeah thanks for explaining it. I was able to export that out and change them all to zero and re-import. Thanks for the tip.

mpt3k
                              Participant
                                @spuds

Gave it a shot, and it worked. Updated all tables in the reg. It’s WAY less stutter than I’ve seen in a while. I still get a tiny hitch here and there on more flashy tables, but maybe I’m just looking too hard now. :-)

I’ll have to check what CPU I’m running on the cab. I totally forgot (it’s been a while).

-Spuds

TerryRed
                                  @terryred

OK..so I figured I would post an update to what I have done with my PuPB2S video Backglass for Aliens for Pinball FX3 /2.

I created a completely new Backglass frame in GIMP, and love how it turned out. I wanted to keep with the H.R. Giger and Alien look. I also wanted it to have some shadows and depth to make it look like it actually is in front  of the videos.

These are just some still pics for now:

2 users thanked author for this post.
                                  mpt3k
                                  Participant
                                    @spuds

Wow. Awesome work. Great minds think alike, Terry. Your idea with the video frame and drop shadows is exactly how I am building the Indiana Jones videos. Looks totally sharp. Can’t wait to play it as the Aliens table is my favorite of the three pack they put out.

-Spuds

TerryRed
                                      @terryred

Wow. Awesome work. Great minds think alike, Terry. Your idea with the video frame and drop shadows is exactly how I am building the Indiana Jones videos. Looks totally sharp. Can’t wait to play it as the Aliens table is my favorite of the three pack they put out. -Spuds

Thanks. I really wanted to do something like this for Tron Legacy (might still try to do it), but I’m still new at creating borders/frames,etc…

Aliens had a lot of material out there to use. I just had to learn how to make the framing look nice and how to get the layering and shadows right. Seeing your Indy PuP videos is what inspired me to add the drop shadows to give it a more 3d look.  :)

MisterKai
                                      Participant
                                        @mrkai

I actually think I like this more “integrated” approach. It’s very nice. I’d love to re-do the Batman this way, but the last beta I used pretty much ruled that one out with the new version because Data East DMD :(

cure80
                                        Participant
                                          @cure80

I have started working on  Lethal weapon 3.

Ken Lowe
                                          Participant
                                            @kenlowe

Hello,

I am very excited about this, I tried to build a table last year but try as I might I could not get my graphics compressed enough, I kept getting an error from vpx that my playfield was too large of a file.  I had all but given up hope that I could contribute to the collective, then along comes pup packs, and video editing is something I like to do, I have been studying how to set up the triggers for the videos and I thought this might be a way for me to get involved.

I do have a small problem though, to do this I had to modify my cab and add the topper screen, this caused me to move the dmd anyway I have most all the setting adjusted for the new position with the exception of the dmd cover art used on the older tables.  I just can remember where or how I originally set them up.

Solved-  the images that cover the dmd in the older games are controlled by the B2s.  There is a txt file in the tables folder called Screen Res. Adjustments can be made there.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 45 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?