This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile gravatar of randr randr 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile gravatar of Dholiver82 Dholiver82 
    Participant

Hello everyone….

My name is Oliver (longtime pinball fan) and I have just discovered that these kind of pinball machines existed. It was always my dream to have a “Nightmare On Elm Street” & “Rocky & Bullwinkle” tables in my house. So imagine my surprise when I found out I can have 100’s of pinball tables at the at my disposal at the touch of a button. I’m very interested in V-pinball, but I don’t know where to start. Should I save my money and buy one already made, or would it be cheaper to get the stuff myself? I also know nothing of building and programming. I’m flying blind here, hopefully some of you can help.

thanks for your time

Oliver

Profile gravatar of randr randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Welcome! Start off by getting visual pinball running on your desktop/laptop and install your favorite tables! Look for the all-in one installer in downloads section. Then you can grab your tables from here or other sites and you will also need the eproms(roms) installed just like mame would need.

if you enjoy a project I would highly suggest building your own!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Profile gravatar of Dholiver82 Dholiver82 
    Participant

i have no idea what any of that is… Where is a good place to start

Profile gravatar of randr randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Start by installing the all in one installer for vpx in download section here. Install that you can run a starter table when that works report back

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2017 VPinBall.com

Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account