Whirlwind (Williams 1990)

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 147 total)
  • Author
    Clark Kent
    Participant
      @clarkkent
      MemberContributor

Great update!

walamab, I forgot last time to mention that I not only changed the inlanes but also the flippers. New flipper position to fit the inlanes should be y=1823 (instead of 1822.5) and end radius at 11.5 (instead of 12).

The kCellarLeft is nicer with 157, 16 (instead of 150, 10).

Edit: Sorry, I didn’t notice first – you forgot to add the corrected inlanes, too. Just use the link from page 5. New inlanes, new flipper positions.

Edit2: Just noticed, I deleted the old version. So I integrated my small physics changes to the latest one:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sio1bd1oi58kbo2/Whirlwind%20VPX%201.3.rar?dl=0

1 user thanked author for this post.
      walamab
      Participant
        @walamab
        MemberContributor

@clark kent

I lost track of what updates were in what version a few version back. It was moving way too fast :-) but that’s not necessarily a bad thing.

Thanks for making the updates. I’ll repost as v1.4.

Walamab
        Table Developer Wannabe and general arcade geek!

rothbauerw
          @rothbauerw
          ModeratorContributorMembervip

Kicker2 and Kicker3 should be disabled in the editor, otherwise the ball will lock in Kicker3 the first time the ball hits instead of rolling down to Kicker1.  This only happens the first time after table load.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

walamab
          Participant
            @walamab
            MemberContributor

I’m working on fixes in v1.4 (hence the delay in posting). I should have it uploaded tomorrow sometime.

Thanks!

Walamab

Walamab

OptimusPin
            Participant
              @viriiguy

For some reason, the DMD is not displaying anything. I see the 3rd screen image with lights and such.. but the DMD itself is “off” for lack of a better term. This is thus far the only table I have this issue with.

I am running a 3 screen cabinet with VPX 10.2 on it.

Jesperpark
              Participant
                @jesperpark

In the script line 203 should read

.hidden = 0

OptimusPin
                Participant
                  @viriiguy

Thank you!

walamab
                  Participant
                    @walamab
                    MemberContributor

@jesperpark thanks for answering the DMD question. I run this table with b2s and never thought that others might need the DMD

Walamab

Vinthar
                    Participant
                      @vinthar

Great table, thanx.

There seems to be something wrong with locking balls, or am I wrong? When lock is lit and I lock a ball by shooting ramp ball should remain locked and new ball should be delivered to plunger? But locked ball is almost instantly re plunged to playfield.

rothbauerw
                        @rothbauerw
                        ModeratorContributorMembervip

Great table, thanx. There seems to be something wrong with locking balls, or am I wrong? When lock is lit and I lock a ball by shooting ramp ball should remain locked and new ball should be delivered to plunger? But locked ball is almost instantly re plunged to playfield.

Disabling Kicker2 and Kicker3 in the editor should fix this issue.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

Daryl
                        Participant
                          @allknowing2012

Probably not needed but just saw this up on ebay.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Williams-WHIRLWIND-Playfield-CPR-New-Repro-/282211147911?hash=item41b5186087:g:vF8AAOSwZJBX98mU

jbg4208
                          Participant
                            @jbg4208

Here is a 3 screen b2s version for those that were having problems with the LEDs not showing. It is the exact same as what Haunt created but I moved the LED’s to the 3rd screen.

Edit: Oops, forgot about the cellar lights.  Corrected now.

Edit 2 – Oops again. corrected LED numbers .. Hopefully last edit needed.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/a42mh7e7ds52edo/Whirlwind_%28Williams_1990%293_scrn.rar

Johngreve
                            Participant
                              @johngreve

Hi,

Really enjoying the updated table and especially the new BG image. I love that darker look and the animation of the lighting bolts.

i downloaded ver 1.4 today and noticed that on the BG alpha-numeric display it does not display the number of the ball in play. The display just reads “Ball”…..no number of the ball in play is displayed.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks

CarnyPriest
                              Participant
                                @carnypriest

Hi, Really enjoying the updated table and especially the new BG image. I love that darker look and the animation of the lighting bolts. i downloaded ver 1.4 today and noticed that on the BG alpha-numeric display it does not display the number of the ball in play. The display just reads “Ball”…..no number of the ball in play is displayed. Does anyone else have this problem? Thanks

Yes, mentioned in the last post on page 5 of this thread

jbg4208
                                Participant
                                  @jbg4208

John,

Right above you last post, I posted an updated b2s. See if it works for you.

Johngreve
                                  Participant
                                    @johngreve

John,

Right above you last post, I posted an updated b2s. See if it works for you

Josh,

Thanks….I tried the suggested glass and this time I get nothing displayed on the backglass displays….completely blank displays. I went back to the original BG as all that I was missing was the number for the ball in play.The scores and other info seemed to display correctly.

jbg4208
                                    Participant
                                      @jbg4208

I tried the suggested glass and this time I get nothing displayed on the backglass displays….completely blank displays. I went back to the original BG as all that I was missing was the number for the ball in play.The scores and other info seemed to display correctly.

Are you using two screen or three screen setup? The one I posted is or a 3 screen cab. If you are using a 2 screen it will be blank unless you download a 2 screen backglass. I might be able to correct the 2 screen version of you want to give it a try. It just needs another digit column added to the LED display.

Johngreve
                                      Participant
                                        @johngreve

I tried the suggested glass and this time I get nothing displayed on the backglass displays….completely blank displays. I went back to the original BG as all that I was missing was the number for the ball in play.The scores and other info seemed to display correctly.

Are you using two screen or three screen setup? The one I posted is or a 3 screen cab. If you are using a 2 screen it will be blank unless you download a 2 screen backglass. I might be able to correct the 2 screen version of you want to give it a try. It just needs another digit column added to the LED display.

I’m using a two screen setup,I guess that explains my results. Sure ,if you’d like to give it a go adding the extra digit I’d be most grateful for the attempt. Thank you

jbg4208
                                        Participant
                                          @jbg4208

Alright John, Give this one a try. I can see all the letters on mine now when I set it to two screen.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9eo8ae59pe0jo3t/Whirlwind_%28Williams_1990%292_scrn.rar

2 users thanked author for this post.
                                          Johngreve
                                          Participant
                                            @johngreve

Alright John, Give this one a try. I can see all the letters on mine now when I set it to two screen. http://www.mediafire.com/file/9eo8ae59pe0jo3t/Whirlwind_%28Williams_1990%292_scrn.rar

Josh,

Works like a champ! Thanks so very much for making this available for me. Really do appreciate the kind gesture. :)

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 147 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?