Working on site

• This topic has 1,071 replies, 123 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by randr.
Viewing 20 posts - 481 through 500 (of 1,072 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

Did a few small backend site updates hope i didnt break anything. I do have a upgrade for downloads but waiting to see how these upgrades go first.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Doing a couple updates so expect some things to be broken for a while 2:30pm Central i’m starting

for IOS and Android

HauntFreaks
          @hauntfreaks
          vipContributorMember

NO stop before you start…..

tolate….

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

?

for IOS and Android

rhymer
            Participant
              @rhymer

Not sure if this is the right place to discuss this but the site loads slowly for me. Not that I am complaining or anything, it is still a great site, just wish it would load a little bit faster :-). I’m a software developer doing mostly web development so let me know if I can do anything to help out (although I do mostly JS and C# and I guess this is built in PHP?). My guess is that either the pages render slowly because the scripts take some time to run, or it is just latency because I’m in Sweden and the server is in the US.

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

I should get a cdn setup server is in California so I’m sure that’s not helping. But scripting could always be better too

for IOS and Android

rhymer
                Participant
                  @rhymer

If there is a feature to output the amount of time it took for the code to render the page then that may be helpful in determining if the delay is caused by code or network. I’ve seen such a feature in some other forum systems, it outputs something like “Time to render page 0.05 seconds” at the ver bottom of every page in very small font. If it is a network problem I guess it is not that serious because then it does not affect all users, but yes a CDN would be nice :-).

EDIT: Did some benchmarking in Chrome Dev Tools with caching enabled. Loading a thread takes about 4-8 seconds for me.

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

If you want to help that would be great! Can you see anything that pops out by viewing source? I’ll look at a cdn this week as I know it would help for sure

for IOS and Android

rhymer
                    Participant
                      @rhymer

Here is a screenshot of a typical page load for me. Seems like what is taking time is the main HTML page:

Screenshot-at-Aug-10-14-44-22

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

I made some changes to cache but now i dont think new posts will show right away. will need to test more

********************************************************
                        for IOS and Android

DJRobX
                          @djrobx
                          MemberModerator

The over-sized header bug is back.   I think since you added the Shop link.      Note that the screenshot is my full browser window, not cropped!   :wacko:

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

@djrobx does it look correct if you log in?

for IOS and Android

HauntFreaks
                              @hauntfreaks
                              vipContributorMember

this is what it looks like to me using chrome on a PC….

temp3a

Attachments:
                              DJRobX
                                @djrobx
                                MemberModerator

does it look correct if you log in?

Not really.  :)

The issue is a font DPI thing.    It looks the same in all browsers and OSes for me.    It looks “normal” if I use 72dpi (no “large fonts”), but then text is microscopic on my Retina display.

randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

Gosh its fine here using every browser i can think of. very odd.

for IOS and Android

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

Maybe your browser text is not 100 percent but 150 percent?

for IOS and Android

DJRobX
                                      @djrobx
                                      MemberModerator

Apple’s retina displays are almost double standard resolution.    Kind of like a 4k monitor.

You fixed it before, it just seems as if you added more stuff to the bar so it doesn’t scale correctly again.

Issue is not the browser or font size in the browser.   It shows up the same in Safari, IE, Chrome and Firefox at their default font size setting.    If I step the font size down two sizes the header looks correct (but then text is too small to read comfortably).

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

Ive added nothing new to the bar. ill keep digging

for IOS and Android

rhymer
                                        Participant
                                          @rhymer

@DJRobX I have a macbook pro retina display but I’m not seeing the oversize header, do you do anything special to make it happen?

randr
                                          Keymaster
                                            @randr
                                            ModeratorMember

Did i little optimizing with database tonight in hopes to make site a bit faster but still cannot cache forums or new posts wont show up right away so try these new settings and see if you notice anything better…..or worse?

for IOS and Android

Viewing 20 posts - 481 through 500 (of 1,072 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?