Working on site

• This topic has 1,071 replies, 123 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by randr.
Viewing 20 posts - 641 through 660 (of 1,072 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

Yeah slow site and awful slow downloads for some people but others are not having issues

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

I hired a dev to look into issues. I really have no idea where to look anymore or if it is even i site issue but ive spent last few weeks looking at everything. Lets hope this “dev” can find the issue currently i have a lot of things disabled on site just for testing but nothing i do helps.

I’ll keep you guys updated on any news

for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
        randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

Updated wordpress to 4.9.1 by mistake! so any weird stuff let me know.

I have not been on site much work has been crazy busy! Work will slowdown after 1st of the year.

for IOS and Android

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

I had to disable registration due to spam getting through! Working on finding how they are getting in so until then just email admin at top on menu and we can manually setup new registrations for now.

for IOS and Android

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

Re enabled registration will monitor activity next few hours. Surprised at how many people emailed trying to register so thats good!

for IOS and Android

The Loafer
              Participant
                @theloafer

Re enabled registration will monitor activity next few hours. Surprised at how many people emailed trying to register so thats good!

Yeah, I wrote your website address on the washroom wall at the local strip club.

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

Spam issues are the worst thing. I will keep working on things but so far so good. I’ve been so busy I’ve let site just run without any updates/changes for months but hope to start getting more free time to improve things around here soon

for IOS and Android

Thalamus
                    @thalamus
                    ContributorMemberModerator

One thing on my wish list is when I refer to a url, I don’t get the big graphical link. I’m sure I can disable it somehow.

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

Hello guys!

Not sure if anyone knows but in each download category in the left upper corner there is a star to check to Follow Category and get email notifications when new downloads are available for that category. I use it but maybe i’m only one? It is a nice feature so you don’t miss anything :good:

for IOS and Android

The Loafer
                      Participant
                        @theloafer

Not aware of that feature, thanks man, very useful.  Now finish that bathroom!

Jesperpark
                        Participant
                          @jesperpark

I use that feature!!  I would never keep up without it.  Although when Loserman released his tables my emails were blowing up, I thought I was a popular person for a minute :wacko:

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

Updated a few plugins on site tonight. If you see anything strange let me know. Been leaving site alone for long time and seems to be running ok but so much i want to add/change! maybe soon when i have more time to fix it when i crash it :)

********************************************************
                            for IOS and Android

randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

Another tip if you want to see everything lets say Bord has shared you click on is name in the downloads area and will show all his uploads with links. or just this link…

http://vpinball.com/uploader/PUT USER NAME HERE/

as example:

http://vpinball.com/uploader/bord/

just so many ways to display data its endless

for IOS and Android

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

Added “Topper Video” section to downloads menu for people that use them :)

here is direct link:

http://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/categories/topper-videos/

for IOS and Android

Sliderpoint
                                Participant
                                  @sliderpoint
                                  MemberContributor

The hyperlink preview in messages (and other places) are overlapping messages in the conversation.  Feel like this started a few days ago.  This is on Chrome in windows and ios. Is this a site thing or a chrome thing?

-Mike

overlap

Attachments:
                                  randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

issue with site and embeds. let me look into that may need to disable embeds for a while

for IOS and Android

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

The hyperlink preview in messages (and other places) are overlapping messages in the conversation. Feel like this started a few days ago. This is on Chrome in windows and ios. Is this a site thing or a chrome thing? -Mike overlap

This should be fixed in latest activity view! working on other areas….

for IOS and Android

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

@sliderpoint I added global .css to disable oembeding so let me know if it fixed issues everywhere. I hope it didnt break youtube links at same time. Some can test that im sure but should now just be a link and not the embed thing

WELP… that caused chat not to display! i will work more on this to figure it out :)

for IOS and Android

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

Still trying to fix the oembed issue but is not easy as it sounds. But I did change a few cosmetic things… slightly darker background and darker boarder around buttons this change won’t show until php refreshes but let me know what you think when it changes

for IOS and Android

randr
                                          Keymaster
                                            @randr
                                            ModeratorMember

May need to clear your cache for change to show up :wacko:

for IOS and Android

Viewing 20 posts - 641 through 660 (of 1,072 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?