World Poker Tour Color Mod Project

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    32assassin
    Participant
      @32assassin

finished projects can be dwonload from here

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/plds9jvb8x22qq8/AAAd4BgpKF2GZQw4euNrPymPa?dl=0

CSI has 3 broken frames

Microscope Jackpot, Microscope Double Jackpot –> scenes have video behind dynamic content too lazy to cut 40-80 individual scenes

for one frame of animation

Runner –> appears over different scenes, I would have to combine multiple pellets to get this guy colored

20 match  end frame.  the 20 match animation will work but the last scene will be white,   I was never  able to capture this scene.

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
      https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

4 users thanked author for this post.
      arconovum
      Participant
        @nicholaschristopher
        MemberContributor

looks great.

CarnyPriest
        Participant
          @carnypriest

I’m not familiar with the software, but as I understand it, you only need the registered version if you want to output a project for a real machine. You should be able to output a pal file without a registered version. Have you checked in with @lucky1?

Lucky1
          Participant
            @lucky1

Only real pin export needs a license and for a real pin you need a real pin2dmd anyways.

32assassin
            Participant
              @32assassin

I have a 2 monitor cab I assume I only need the pal file for freezys dll.

I have what I assume is the latest version of Pin2DMD editor

Versison 2.2.0.6

I can import my modified smartDMD.txt as a Pallet file but I can’t export it as a pal file.

and I only see two save options as a XML file and as a JSON file.

I like to export/save my smartDMD.txt file as a pal file but I only see

Export to a real Pin

Export to a virtual Pin

both export options ask for a registered version of Pin2dmd editor.

Laylow
              Participant
                @pinlow
                MemberContributor

I tried but it gives the following error:

Ah

Attachments:
                32assassin
                Participant
                  @32assassin

that is a bummer

can you please try to create pal file for BigBuckHunter, to see if their is something wrong with my smartdmd.txt file

(I do not know if their is a pal color profile limit the default has 9 my smartDMD text file has 10)

download the project here

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/4183-big-buck-hunter/

from the Pin2DMD editor main menu

palletes / Mode  –> Load Pallet –> file type drop down menu  –> choose smartDMD –> load Big buck Hunter smartDMD.txt

export pallet (assuming export to a Virtual Pin)

I wish I could give you more info,  but that is all the info I can find from here,

Pinball-Browser

Laylow
                  Participant
                    @pinlow
                    MemberContributor

I tried but it doesn’t export anything, no error messages, but nothing there in the end.

Ah

HauntFreaks
                      @hauntfreaks
                      vipContributorMember

the coven of dmd colorization authors…. no one shall pass!! without paying the gatekeeper!!!!….
                      just think if this was the case for table building or b2s creation??….  no content, no way to profit…

32assassin
                      Participant
                        @32assassin

well this sucks

I guess this project will join the long list of abandoned projects

I downloaded all the projects I could find and I can’t get past the editor asking for a key when I try to export for a Virtual Pin.

I wanted to color Xmen Le and TWD LE

I colored the Blackbird scene,   but I guess I’m going to stop and wait for someone else to do the project.

Thalamus
                          @thalamus
                          ContributorMemberModerator

And people wonder why there isn’t more colored roms available … Sorry to see this happening after all your work 32assassin.

CarnyPriest
                          Participant
                            @carnypriest

Why don’t you contact @lucky1?

Although, I thought that some of Sharkky’s original project files required Pinball Browser. For that you might need a registered version of Pinball Browser. Of course, it might work with the last free version of Pinball Browser. I can pass along that if you don’t have it already.

Lucky1
                            Participant
                              @lucky1

Why don’t you contact @lucky1? Although, I thought that some of Sharkky’s original project files required Pinball Browser. For that you might need a registered version of Pinball Browser. Of course, it might work with the last free version of Pinball Browser. I can pass along that if you don’t have it already.

Yes, why don´t you contact me or even better open an issue on the github page of the editor instead of complaining in a thread
                              I most likely would never have recognized without Carny pointing me to it.

You can open an issue here https://github.com/sker65/go-dmd-clock
                              That is were Steve (the author) keeps track of problems with the editor. If the vpin export is not working it is definitely a bug.

Send me a PM with your e-mail address and I can also generate a personal key for you, that you can continue your project until the bug is fixed.

HauntFreaks
                                @hauntfreaks
                                vipContributorMember

your welcome…

Lucky1
                                Participant
                                  @lucky1

Steve just released a new version of his editor which should fix the vpin export bug. Please test

https://bintray.com/sker65/pin2dmd/Editor2#files

32assassin
                                  Participant
                                    @32assassin

I tried exporting the default pallet collection, the default smartDMD text found at the Pin2dmd  homepage and my WPT smartDMD text.

same error with a new warning

“Do not publish projects with copyrighted material / frames”

32assassin
                                    Participant
                                      @32assassin

and I’m done coloring WPT

I started on Xmen LE, I’m already up to the Colossus scene

here are a few frames of my WIP,  I’m coloring the characters the same way they where colored on X-men 90s cartoons

HauntFreaks
                                        @hauntfreaks
                                        vipContributorMember

will color wpt be available??…. also 32A I dont know if it’s your thing, but i’m sure we would all love a literate tutorial on coloring these

32assassin
                                        Participant
                                          @32assassin

WPT will be available when I can export the pal file from the Pin2DMD editor.

I can give you the modified rom or a patch file (diff) so that you can download the rom from stern and apply  a patch with the Vpu patching exe.

but without the pin2dmd.pal file, the modified rom is not much use.

as far as a tutorial,  if you can color an image with this

https://www.thecolor.com/

once you mastered the use of the Paint Bucket,  Pen and color replacement tool.   :wacko:

You can color a rom with Pinball Broswer

their are 2 basic things you need to know

You need to import a smartDMD text file into Pinballbrowser,  this will hold all your color profiles. unlike the coloring book

you will need to decide on what and how many color profiles you need. based on how many scenes your rom has.

you can download a default one from the Pin2DMD editor homepage.

I suggest you download the Big Buck Hunter project form VPU; it has a modified smartDmd text you can use as a learning experience

try to improve the colors on that project;   I was going to modify it but decided to do X men

here is one of the scenes I updated

Open Pinball Editor  load  pathced  BBH rom

smart-DMD

1. click on smartDMD
                                          2.  load your smartDMD text

the only thing you need to change is what is in the circle

you can create/ rename  new color profiles

the default profile will be applied to all your frames

click + CTRL over a color to change it.

save your smartDMD text file and close the window.

Editing frames

I created a cow color profile and applied it to this scene

1. when you are ready to color a scene click on the edit scene icon

2. I changed the default pallet to the cow pallet I created.

3.  You cant see it on this scene but their is a hand with a shot gun

I had to modify the colors so that I had a skin tone for the hand.

4 when you are done coloring click on the next or previous scene to repeate the process.

when you are done simply save the rom.

6 users thanked author for this post.
                                          randr
                                          Keymaster
                                            @randr
                                            ModeratorMember

Wow! looks easy but TIME CONSUMING i bet!

********************************************************
                                            Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                            for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 44 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?