World Poker Tour VPX (Stern 2006)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 116 total)
  • Author
    freneticamnesic
      @freneticamnesic
      vipModeratorMember

World Poker Tour VPX (Stern 2006)

VPX conversion of my VP9 table. Still has a lot of new stuff! Borrowed some primitive models from flupper: apron, pegs…

New lighting, new LED playfield lights, some new features for me overall it’s been a year long WIP so forgetting everything I did…

Should work with any VPX 10.1 rev 2820 and above!

Arngrim added controller script!

Really had to compromise with the back wall lighting due to the darkest depths of hell opening up any time all 5 turned on…

Punch it!

Total of 36 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Dang this looked great in vp9 as it was will need to see how it looks in vp10. thanks Richard!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Drybonz
        Participant
          @drybonz

Thanks, Fren… the VP9 was really awesome, and sophisticated for a VP9 table, so I’m sure this is going to be really great.    :good:

TNT2
          Participant
            @tnt2

Holy moley. Was not expecting this. Thank you Fren for keeping Stern’s alive!

nate
            Participant
              @nodzebra

:good: :good:   :good:   :good:   :yahoo:   :yahoo: right on richard this just made my day buddy i was really hoping you were going to do this im super pumped thank you,  one step closer to never using vp9 again now!  I hate bugging you guys to make certain games but damn i was close to asking for this one, thank you for helping me not be that asshole begging authors to remake shit i want too play cause im too fawkin lazy to do it myself!!  Oh and by the way i downloaded the “stern pin arcade on ps4” on top of it being in 1080 their stle doesnt have a flasher in the ship when you hit the center shot and there is no lights up the inside walls and they apparently couldnt figure out how to setup the apron lights either because theirs never do anything altho the inserts are visible. the graphics are very aliased and jaggety, their is no brightness adjustments for lights or enviroment and it feels alittle laggy,   your stle pwns farsighted’s and dozers mustang is also alot better than theirs which like star trek also suffers in the area of everything important. Thank you guys!!

Ben Logan2
              Participant
                @benlogan2

I especially like the flasher effects on this table, Fren. Fireworks! Thank you.

STAT
                Participant
                  @stefanaustria
                  MemberContributor

Thanks Fren, i had and have much fun with your VP9 … yeah, VPX now :good:
                  Hope, you want to upgrade all your VP9 Beautys :)

Jack
                  Participant
                    @breikers

Looking great Fren !! Hope you keep converting those VP9 tables ! I know of at least one table I would like to see in VPX ;-)

Laylow
                    Participant
                      @pinlow
                      MemberContributor

Nice work, thanks for this fun table! :good:

Ah

senseless
                      Participant
                        @senseless

Poker time! Thanks fren for a great VP9 conversation!

Mark70
                        Participant
                          @mark70

Great, I always like it when the light inserts are powerfull bright. And thanks, it’s the same for the LED playfield.
                          Of course, the flashers are amazing too. Table plays very well.
                          Thanks for sharing your hard work, very much appreciated.

-=Dozer=-
                          Participant
                            @dozer

Hey Fren, this table looks really nice.    Just wanted to let you know I’ve found a few things after I noticed some shots not registering.

Trigger (scooptrigger) although set to a ramp surface (ramp5) from memory is sitting on the playfield and registering hits as the ball enters the scoop area.  Moving it down a bees dick gets it to register on the correct ramp surface properly.

sw50 (Right orbit high) although included in the script has no trigger object.
                            sw51 (Shooter vuk exit) is the same.
                            sw53 (Mini PF exit) is the same.
                            sw9 (Ramp right enter) is the same.

(Top of right ramp curve)
                            sw52 needs to be moved up to sit under gate2 and assigned to ramp14 surface in preference to upperpf

Wall (Rightpost) is set to non – collidable but the logic for it is in the script so setting this to collidable fixes operation.

Adding this stuff seems to have fixed the issues I was seeing with non registering switches.  If you use the latest VPM you can also use the ROM GI calls if you feel so inclined.  I put that code in and it works great.    I was also wondering if we could get Rob to look at that hacked code to get the last LED playfield arrays working correctly?

Again, beautiful table  – there’s something about the aesthetic of this recreation that just looks super realistic.

Thalamus
                              @thalamus
                              ContributorMemberModerator

Can’t wait to try it out. Thank you very much Fren !!!

Pinbolt
                              Participant
                                @pinbolt

Thank you so much fren.

DJRobX
                                  @djrobx
                                  MemberModerator

Moving it down a bees dick gets it to register on the correct ramp surface properly.

Well, now that’s an expression I haven’t heard before.   :)

RustyCardores
                                    @rustycardores
                                    MemberModerator

Moving it down a bees dick gets it to register on the correct ramp surface properly.

Well, now that’s an expression I haven’t heard before. :)

It’s a standard unit of imperial measurement here in Oz… in decimal it’s about the same as a “poopteenth”, but half as much as “bugga all”. ;)

STAT
                                    Participant
                                      @stefanaustria
                                      MemberContributor

I dont know, if this the same, as Dozer said, but sometimes if a Ball locked and the other goes to Drain,
                                      the lock Ball follow … but then i get 2 Balls to the Shooterlane … had this also once at a Multiball …
                                      Had some Time, and some Games – really cool beside this Issues :)

freneticamnesic
                                        @freneticamnesic
                                        vipModeratorMember

Hey Fren, this table looks really nice. Just wanted to let you know I’ve found a few things after I noticed some shots not registering. Trigger (scooptrigger) although set to a ramp surface (ramp5) from memory is sitting on the playfield and registering hits as the ball enters the scoop area. Moving it down a bees dick gets it to register on the correct ramp surface properly. sw50 (Right orbit high) although included in the script has no trigger object. sw51 (Shooter vuk exit) is the same. sw53 (Mini PF exit) is the same. sw9 (Ramp right enter) is the same. (Top of right ramp curve) sw52 needs to be moved up to sit under gate2 and assigned to ramp14 surface in preference to upperpf Wall (Rightpost) is set to non – collidable but the logic for it is in the script so setting this to collidable fixes operation. Adding this stuff seems to have fixed the issues I was seeing with non registering switches. If you use the latest VPM you can also use the ROM GI calls if you feel so inclined. I put that code in and it works great. I was also wondering if we could get Rob to look at that hacked code to get the last LED playfield arrays working correctly? Again, beautiful table – there’s something about the aesthetic of this recreation that just looks super realistic.

are you sure about scooptrigger? did you get ahold of the 100816a build? I did move it to sit on the ramp surface before uploading here…. (and had a duplicate switch there which complicated it)

This is why I don’t like to convert from VP9 :) I get lazy and miss obvious things.

I did send this to Rob, he’s had it for about a month I think and thought he was going to look into it, but I haven’t followed up.

What’s the GI lamp for this? I thought I tried it and didn’t find one

I dont know, if this the same, as Dozer said, but sometimes if a Ball locked and the other goes to Drain, the lock Ball follow … but then i get 2 Balls to the Shooterlane … had this also once at a Multiball … Had some Time, and some Games – really cool beside this Issues :)

This sounds like it’s not registering in the ball drain, so ballfinder releases the trapped ball and it knocks the first ball free? or is it right away?

uploading rev 112616a, moving down the scooptrigger a bees dick just in case

Punch it!

freneticamnesic
                                          @freneticamnesic
                                          vipModeratorMember

Looking great Fren !! Hope you keep converting those VP9 tables ! I know of at least one table I would like to see in VPX ;-)

Which one?

I don’t particularly enjoy rehashing the old ones, I’d rather do something new, but WPT was probably my best VP9 table and had a solid enough foundation that converting it was relatively easy, I had it visually up to my standards in only a day or two, the rest was making the script work with VPX. With a table like 24 I’d have a lot more trouble getting it ported to VPX since it uses a lot of old VP9 elements still. WWF RR might work, I’m sure IJ4 would work. Transformers would be 50/50… it’s not all VP9 objects but it’s close…

Punch it!

Drybonz
                                          Participant
                                            @drybonz

OXO!     :yes:

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 116 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?