Would like to commission a Virtual Pinball cabinet build

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    jevansoh
    Participant
      @jevansoh

Hello,

I don’t know if this is the right place to post this and if it isn’t, please forgive me and please direct me to the proper place and I’ll post there.

I am wanting to purchase a Virtual Pinball table. I’ve looked on eBay and looked at the forum sponsors but nobody includes the tables and I just don’t have the time or inclination to load tables myself.

I’m wondering if there is a trustworthy forum member out there that would consider building me a custom Virtual Pinball table.

I’m in Ohio and close to KY and WV and would travel for pickup or shipping would be fine, too. I have experience shipping large items.

If there is any interest, please post here or feel free to PM me or contact me directly at jevansoh@gmail.com.

If anyone knows where I might find someone to build me a cabinet and include tables, I’d greatly appreciate it.

Thanks so much,

–J

HauntFreaks
        @hauntfreaks
        vipContributorMember

xenonph
        Participant
          @xenonph
          MemberContributor

Maybe you don’t understand why I told you what I did on that other site..

Read this recent post from this site here…http://vpinball.com/forums/topic/makes-me-sick/

And notice the name of the topic.

Then maybe you will understand why you will not see people in this Pinball Community selling a cabinet with tables included.

jevansoh
          Participant
            @jevansoh

I read the whole thread.  Some people had my point of view, that some folks just might not have the time or inclination to build one themselves and to learn how to install all the tables.

What I gathered from your post and the other posts in that thread is that it upsets people because no credit is being given to the folks who spend so much time and effort to build/recreate these tables and these guys are making money off selling the cabinet with tables.

Is that basically right?

I understand and agree the folks should get credit for their hard work, and I also agree it isn’t right to make money off someone else’s work but what I don’t understand is how it is any different if I buy a cab without tables and install them myself without saying thanks (which I’d never do, but I’m just thinking out loud) to all the folks for all their hard work in creating the tables.  I’m sure nobody thanks each table builder for installing each and every table, so I do see both sides.

I wasn’t trying to upset anyone with my request.  I am not wealthy but I do find myself having more money than time right now and would really like to enjoy one of these cabinets and just cannot build it and install the tables myself.

If there isn’t an option and I don’t have any takers, then that means I can’t enjoy this hobby at all and I don’t want that either. :(

Thanks for your input and feel free to let me know if I’ve missed something.

–J

xenonph
            Participant
              @xenonph
              MemberContributor

I was just trying to give you a heads up on how alot of table and backglass authors feel about there content being sold with cabinets.

I can guarantee you, if you had a cabinet,  there are people in this community who will help you get all your tables installed for free. And also help with any other problems you may have. If you can’t find a cabinet with tables pre-installed, I would buy one without the tables installed, and have someone here from this community help you get every table working on your system. Some even use a program where they can connect to your computer to make sure everything is setup right. And they do all this for free. You will find there are many people in this community willing to go above and beyond to help everyone get there tables working, or solve any problems they may encounter. And also you may find alot of people who will share there frontend data, or xml files.

With very little work having to be done by the end-user, this community has made it as easy to get these tables running as possible I think. They now have an All-In-One installer, that basically installs everything you need except tables, backglasses and roms.

So not very much work is required of you, to get these tables running on a cabinet. Downloading them is all you have to do, and then place them in correct folder. Sounds easy, and it is free.

Hope you find what you are looking for.

Have a great day.

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

Buy a vpcabs or virtual pin they both will sell you cab loaded up!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                for IOS and Android

jevansoh
                Participant
                  @jevansoh

Really?  Are you sure?  I checked both of them out and they stated on their site that they don’t install any tables.  I’ll check again, though.  Thanks!

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

Virtua pin will provide a link to about 86 tables to “help” you get started installing. Vpcabs will just ship it loaded up. This is well known in community and frowned upon but that is what they do.

i should also mention you must know how to install tables yourself!!!! You will have a outdated cab in 2 months time doing it that way heck it will. E outdated when you get it

for IOS and Android

jevansoh
                    Participant
                      @jevansoh

Thanks for the tip! I really appreciate it!

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

No problem. But again remember you need to learn how to download and install stuff yourself! Only way to have the new tables. So just do it yourself

********************************************************
                        for IOS and Android

rebecca
                        Participant
                          @rebecca

Regarding, “I’m sure nobody thanks each table builder for installing each and every table, so I do see both sides.”  I believe you will find, if you check, that each and every table that gets posted will have an accompanying collection of thanks, comments and suggestions addressed to the author.  All work is appreciated, even though it comes from authors having different strengths and weaknesses.  Some people offer help; many offer thanks, but I’ve never seen a table posted that did not receive appreciation for the builder’s hard work.  Each downloader doesn’t thank each and every builder but, overall, they receive their thanks from the community.

CarnyPriest
                          Participant
                            @carnypriest

I assume the OP has tried out the software on a desktop/laptop first? Right?

randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

I’m assuming not. It really don’t get any easier then putting tables and b2s in tables folder named the same and adding to pbx. It’s so easy I cannot see why people think it’s so hard

for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
                              CarnyPriest
                              Participant
                                @carnypriest

Easy or not, I wish I had enough money  to throw down on something I barely knew anything about. If unwilling to invest a second of time to thank a contributor, should have pointed to the nearest Stern dealer. Would be more satisfied in the end I think.

HauntFreaks
                                  @hauntfreaks
                                  vipContributorMember

I thought i could stay out…. who was I kidding

its funny how this “credit” thing is thrown around , like the builder wants some kinda prays, dont get me wrong “acknowledgement” is nice and everyone deserves it
                                  but that just something people do out of appreciation and again a VERY nice gesture…

but that isnt at all the point, as the point is VERY clear…. and why in some people’s heads its blurry i just don’t understand why
                                  lets break it down for the clueless:
                                  1) VP (visual pinball) is NEVER to be sold or bundled on ANY media, it is also NEVER intended for commercial use  THE END!!
                                  2) VPM (visual pnmame) is NEVER to be sold or bundled on ANY media, it is also NEVER intended for commercial use  THE END!!
                                  3) B2S server and designer is NEVER to be sold or bundled on ANY media, it is also NEVER intended for commercial use  THE END!!
                                  4) *  VP Table files are NEVER to be sold or bundled on ANY media, it is also NEVER intended for commercial use  THE END!!
                                  5) *  VP B2S (backglass) files are NEVER to be sold or bundled on ANY media, it is also NEVER intended for commercial use  THE END!!
                                  6)*  custom wheels/art/media is NEVER to be sold or bundled on ANY media, it is also NEVER intended for commercial use  THE END!!
                                  *the asterisk means only IF the author/builder of that single file agrees to allow the who it may concern to use this SINGLE file for his or her resale
                                  (they need permission per file or per author’s works and that author must know the final intent for that file and permission is only granted to that single retailer,  each retailer will need his or her own permission)

so…. that being fuckin said… cant it be any more fuckin clear??….gggggggggggggooooooooddddddddddddd       ddddddddddaaaammmmmmmmmmnn

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                  randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

Good point. Why would anyone buy a cab and not be able to even add a table!?  :wacko:

for IOS and Android

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

The guy could just buy a cab then buy the dvds! Problem solved. I’m kidding..

for IOS and Android

CarnyPriest
                                      Participant
                                        @carnypriest

Except somebody is supposed to copy the contents off of the illegally distributed DVDs to the drive for the OP. Part of the commission, you know. Don’t know what would happen if something breaks down or gets corrupted on that drive. And you know it will happen soon even if you don’t ever upgrade or update. You’re screwed if you don’t even want to know about how it all works.

You got money to lay down on a virtual cabinet just go to a Stern dealer and get the real thing. Sure it’s one table, but it’s months of good times. Get bored with it then trade with someone for another table. Not much time investment at all!

rablack97
                                        Participant
                                          @rablack97

Well, I wouldn’t say setting up a table is easy.

Keep in mind getting all of the hardware to work with the table as intended is a PITA, plus tables are constantly being updated, and some things are broken in the process.  Which then requires additional research on 5-6 different sites before you find the fix or the answer to your problem.

VPCabs i think only installs licensed Pinball FX2 tables now in their cabs.

However i would agree, buying a preloaded table is cool but short lived.  The tables change and you have to know how the software works with your hardware to fix your problems, and you will have problems.

If somebody sells you a fully loaded cab they are asking for a major headache, as you will have inherited a troubleshooting friend for life.

So try to learn and understand the hobby, playing is one thing, but being able to service your cab, give back to the community in knowledge and experiences, not just high scores.

Good luck

HauntFreaks
                                            @hauntfreaks
                                            vipContributorMember

VPcabs uses VPU as there trouble shooting team….lol

they also use another method for their customers to get a full catalog of  tables/b2s/media
                                            just another slap in the communities face for thinking were all fuckin morons…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 31 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?