Would you do it Scratch Build Ice Cold Beer Taito?

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 356 total)
  • Author
    ALDiode
    Participant
      @aldiode

Looks good, and with the speaker and coin door in the right place…. :good:

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Yes I made sure that was right this time. Maybe I will give the first one to one of my in laws.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

I hauled up cabinets to the house from back garage and a branch from a tree brushed me in the head I over reacted thought it was a bat! Jerked my head and cracked my eye on corner of cabinet :negative:  man I really hit it good.

Anyways these are in my living room so installed t molding, 2 more repopped glasses and I must say I really love this style of cab…if I ever build another mame cab this will be they style I build.

here is a few pictures

for IOS and Android

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

I also purchased a tiato coin door for 49 bucks! Sanded and painted with grey and silver hammer paint. Putting this in one cab  :good:

really is a nice coin door now but doubt I will find another for 49 bucks so putting generic Williams styles in others and still looks fine but wow did taito make nice coin doors

same graphics place that is doing overlay is printing me a few tiato coin door decals too

for IOS and Android

robertms
            Participant
              @mophead

Dude you’re unbelievable. Yeah, that’s what I would do, make couple more while I’m at it  :wacko:   Are the bloody pictures to fool us you’re human?

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

Well I finally got the “final” overlays and applied three tonight not perfect color but will work it’s very close

for IOS and Android

The Loafer
                Participant
                  @theloafer

Just caught up on the build process, man it’s looking fantastic. Don’t worry too much if you feel the color isn’t 100%, I’m sure in the cabinet, behind the glass, no one would know.

Didn’t know you suffered such an injury due to this build. Trim that branch or learn to duck bats better my compadre!  (seriously glad you are ok!)

1 user thanked author for this post.
                  randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

Well late night with other stuff but managed to assemble one playfield and test fit in cab. Man what was I thinking when I wanted to scratch build ice cold beer!?

Fits great and looks ok getting close now

for IOS and Android

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

2 assemblies done :good:

Added close up of one overlay

for IOS and Android

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

All three assembled! You can see the yellow orange one on far left had to use the overlay as I paid a lot and no refund from printing place but looks ok I guess

getting a bit frustrated! I have one game fully wired and was testing assembly with power supply and the pulleys stripped out so will need to rethink those as the limit switches can fail and man those gear motors do not stop and just destroyed my Pulley design. Anyways getting closer now

********************************************************
                        for IOS and Android

Scottacus
                        Participant
                          @scottacus
                          MembervipContributor

I hadn’t checked in on this build for a while, great job they look awesome!

BTW I like the action hero photo, the things we do for our hobbies…

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

Had some wiring issues with limit switches but got them sorted out tonight though my pulley design is stripped and slips I still could do a video of control panel moving the rod up and down opening the ball gate! Ignore the sloppy lag I will be redoing the pulleys but it works :good:

for IOS and Android

rothbauerw
                              @rothbauerw
                              ModeratorContributorMembervip

Very nice.  Can’t wait to see it running with software!

I got to see these in person this week.  I know randr is frustrated with his playfields, but they all really look great.  I actually liked his first iteration the best because of the detail.

These are going to turn our great!

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                              arconovum
                              Participant
                                @nicholaschristopher
                                MemberContributor

About time we got an update on that project. Not that I should be one to talk! looking good too.

randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

yeah I’m at the spot in the project where I’m finding out how the game actually works now. Those limit switches and wiring really had me stumped for a couple days but now I understand that part so at least the movement works and stops where it should now. Seems so simple but for whatever reason I was just not understanding the schematics :wacko:

for IOS and Android

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

Work (real job) has been very busy and stressful but when I’ve had time I’ve been making the wiring harness’s for the other 2 machines and it’s a lot of work to create the harness’s  :wacko:

I made the harness to fit original logic pcb and my thought is to adapt the raspberry pie to original harness with a adaptor harness so this way the pie can be a universal pcb replacement. I got a hold of an original logic pcb so I should have one working very soon!! But of coarse the board doesn’t work so need to fix that before I can test it.

Still cannot find the joystick/shaft assemblies so that sucks!

for IOS and Android

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

Will add a photo of the mess

One thing that has been a pain is finding switches that have a low enough trigger force but finally found some so that little ball will trigger them now.

for IOS and Android

arconovum
                                      Participant
                                        @nicholaschristopher
                                        MemberContributor

Poor humpty dumpty never gets any respect!

Thalamus
                                          @thalamus
                                          ContributorMemberModerator

LOL. I was thinking the same. That Humpty is shivering its pinball legs seeing modern electronics.

randr
                                          Keymaster
                                            @randr
                                            ModeratorMember

Lol! Humpty is flat and makes a great desk :)

for IOS and Android

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 356 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?