Would you do it Scratch Build Ice Cold Beer Taito?

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 356 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

So was thinking…. ill make a work surface for cnc but man what a waste as even though I have a large shop it will be only for cnc so…. im making the surface fold away and take up only 18-20” wide when not in use then I can roll thing out flip up and cnc will be ready to go. But then the thing can flip again and be nothing but a blank workspace! Here is the start of this project in my messy shop more pictures to come and will make more sense

Screw the CNC….

….damn that lift and your Mopars….   at this point in life I’d be happy with an Aspen and a Slant 6….   :(

HauntFreaks
        @hauntfreaks
        vipContributorMember

I seriously envy the size of the workspace you have!

did you happen to notice the cars??…lol

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

So here is rough example. Table swings 360 cnc on on side and empty workspace on other but will pack upright  and roll away in corner. I hope.

just rough yet will need to add fold down legs, sand it all and make drawers and a door for storage on the one side

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

HauntFreaks
            @hauntfreaks
            vipContributorMember

So was thinking…. ill make a work surface for cnc but man what a waste as even though I have a large shop it will be only for cnc so…. im making the surface fold away and take up only 18-20” wide when not in use then I can roll thing out flip up and cnc will be ready to go. But then the thing can flip again and be nothing but a blank workspace! Here is the start of this project in my messy shop more pictures to come and will make more sense

yo that thing a dust making machine… so first thing you need to CNC is the vacuum shoe… great first project…

Thalamus
              @thalamus
              ContributorMemberModerator

I agree with Haunfreaks. Start by making parts that are useful for the rest of the build. Maybe even consider a small nozzle to blow some air too. I have a friend with a “open sourced” 3d printer. The very first things he made was a better foundation, and looking at prints done by people with the same machine there is no doubt in my mind that he did the right thing.

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

I did order this for the dust

for IOS and Android

Thalamus
                  @thalamus

That works :yes:

BorgDog
                  Participant
                    @borgdog
                    MemberContributorvip

So here is rough example. Table swings 360 cnc on on side and empty workspace on other but will pack upright and roll away in corner. I hope. just rough yet will need to add fold down legs, sand it all and make drawers and a door for storage on the one side

Here is a thread on pinside where a guy made a fold up table base for his cnc router.  https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-journey-of-building-a-bench-cnc-for-a-custom-game

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

Rough draft of fold out legs.

i will be cleaning all edges with router and maybe shaping the ends of legs round but this is basically the idea. It’s very stable when folded out will add leg levers if needed but I think for my floor it’s not necessary. I should mention that the table is 4′ x 4′ so its not a small table

for IOS and Android

BorgDog
                      Participant
                        @borgdog
                        MemberContributorvip

Nice work!  doubled up ply for the legs it looks like?  Neat idea on the notch to fold them together, I’ll have to remember that one.

randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

Yeah just doubled up plywood. I could have hidden legs in table but this flips 360 so legs needed to be rotatable 360 too. Once everything is cleaned up and sanded it should look ok but I’m more worried about it working While still keeping it smaller when put away. I bet I will use the flip side of table a lot as I never have enough bench space

********************************************************
                          for IOS and Android

HauntFreaks
                            @hauntfreaks
                            vipContributorMember

I cant find the pics… I’ll have to take new ones, but i put a 12in wall around my machine to help keep the debris in its area… I used to cut HDPE legs for an another multirotor company… 1000 per order, would take a could days to run the whole job…. and would generate about 3 large trash bags of plastic debris…

HauntFreaks
                              @hauntfreaks
                              vipContributorMember

also I dont know what your going to be using to manually move your XYZ axis …. I use an old xbox controller and one of these

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

I have not even got the machine yet so not sure about manually moving anything :)

but I did clean up the shop a bit and shaped legs a bit more

for IOS and Android

Jesperpark
                                Participant
                                  @jesperpark

Nice looking table, I like the design and looks sturdy as heck.

Man i see an English wheel, a metal Brake, seen your wood projects. You are a man of many talents :good:

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

Yeah I got a lot of crap that’s for sure. I think I’ve done everything from building motorcycles from scratch many years ago to totally restoring many cars to building houses. Anyways I used what scrap I had left to make a drawer and a door barely enough but it was close enough

for IOS and Android

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

ALDiode has mailed me all the dimensions traced out even! so i cannot thank him enough! I should have the package by the weekend.

Now the next thing is printing PF art i was thinking a vinyl overlay and have Brad print it up then cut holes out after its placed. BUT the image from VP9 version has shadows and holes cut. I wonder if @Zany is still around maybe he has high res version in photoshop format?

for IOS and Android

TerryRed
                                        @terryred
                                        MemberContributorModerator

ALDiode has mailed me all the dimensions traced out even! so i cannot thank him enough! I should have the package by the weekend. Now the next thing is printing PF art i was thinking a vinyl overlay and have Brad print it up then cut holes out after its placed. BUT the image from VP9 version has shadows and holes cut. I wonder if @zany is still around maybe he has high res version in photoshop format?

Contact Todd at TNT, see if he knows anyone who may have it?

Thalamus
                                          @thalamus

Be careful talking about Todd – Hauntfreaks might explode B-)   :whistle:

HauntFreaks
                                            @hauntfreaks
                                            vipContributorMember

Be careful talking about Todd – Hauntfreaks might explode B-) :whistle:

todd is a TY “look at me” star…. and before that he had “look at me” infomercials
                                            he’s about 40mins from me and no one I know would ever use his shop for anything
                                            so yeah fuck todd and his throwing pinball machines off his roof, when he could have posted them for free… they were more valuable to throw off the roof for “look at me” points of some shit…

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 356 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?