Would you do it Scratch Build Ice Cold Beer Taito?

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 356 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

I’m not sure how Todd could help? I am sure the play field is screen printed so a vinyl overlay seems like a bad idea but short of custom painting one seems like the way to go. Also this way brad could print them for anyone else wanting to make one in future :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
      TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

I’m not sure how Todd could help? I am sure the play field is screen printed so a vinyl overlay seems like a bad idea but short of custom painting one seems like the way to go. Also this way brad could print them for anyone else wanting to make one in future :good:

I meant, Todd may know “others” who may be good sources to use to print a vinyl, etc whatever you need….   not to get it from Todd himself.

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

I should just point out Bradley Bowman is who I use for vinyl needs but people could use whoever they want of coarse

for IOS and Android

Thalamus
            @thalamus
            ContributorMemberModerator

I highly recommend using Bradley myself ! Super happy with his work and affordable too.

HauntFreaks
              @hauntfreaks
              vipContributorMember

every town in the US right now has a signshop with a printer… so finding someone local for printing cab graphics or whatever is not an issue anymore… just make sure you find someone that is charging about $7-$8 a linear foot, this is what i did for over 20yrs… so when your paying over $100 for a full cab wrap, you being ripped off

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

When I get my work trucks lettered it cost a fortune locally! The charge over 200 bucks for lettering just on back side and lettering is small and 2 colors!

for IOS and Android

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

Well table for workspace/cnc is basically done so that’s good. It’s level and solid as heck. I assume level is very important with the cnc.

the cnc surface side is nailed, screwed and glued but the workspace side is just screwed on so I can remove to bolt the cnc down. Here is inside of the table sandwich showing the supports inside.

the door and drawer hardware is stuff I had laying around wasn’t going to buy new.

ill see if I can get the wife to do a table dance showing how solid it really is!

for IOS and Android

HauntFreaks
                    @hauntfreaks
                    vipContributorMember

Well table for workspace/cnc is basically done so that’s good. It’s level and solid as heck. I assume level is very important with the cnc. the cnc surface side is nailed, screwed and glued but the workspace side is just screwed on so I can remove to bolt the cnc down. Here is inside of the table sandwich showing the supports inside. the door and drawer hardware is stuff I had laying around wasn’t going to buy new. ill see if I can get the wife to do a table dance showing how solid it really is!

man that looks great!!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                    HauntFreaks
                      @hauntfreaks
                      vipContributorMember

I feel like a real slouch now… I mounted mine to the top of one of these…

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

Well shit i feel like maybe that would have worked? I always over think shit.

Says the CNC weighs in at 150lbs i weigh 180 and folding table don’t budge so i assume it should be good. I will admit im kinda excited to get the thing and start making the playfield!

********************************************************
                        for IOS and Android

randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

Did a video showing how table folds and spins. Hope to get the plans for cab from aldiode before weekend so I can start the cabinet building this weekend

for IOS and Android

BorgDog
                          Participant
                            @borgdog
                            MemberContributorvip

Nice table setup.  you may want to put some pins in to hold it in place when stored, may want to sping with the cnc on one side and the other empty.  maybe even some in the legs to lock them in place when down.

BorgDog
                            Participant
                              @borgdog
                              MemberContributorvip

And your next project should be a bigger shop :)

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

yea i think i will add a locking device to table when folded up for sure and need to add something to legs too but they are tight so cant just kick out thats for sure they are very stiff and solid as you see in video i struggle to rotate them but thats how i made it so they stay folded when i rotate table. I really do think its a neat idea and hope it works with cnc.

Shop is 2000 square feet i just have a lot in it. In summer i usually have one car in upper garage so will be more space then

for IOS and Android

The Loafer
                                Participant
                                  @theloafer

You’ve done excellent work on this, well done (and good demo from both you and K).  However, I must say I was HUGELY disappointed that you went cheap and didn’t bother installing self-closing hardware for that one drawer.  I expected more from you… ;)

Seriously, nicely done Jason, wow!

Thalamus
                                    @thalamus
                                    ContributorMemberModerator

Looking good. BorgDog is right. Probably needs some locking mechanism. Once the cnc is attached there will be a shift of weight. Big :good: to you and your wife’s comments. Made me giggle more than once.

Jesperpark
                                    Participant
                                      @jesperpark

Okay now I played the virtual version on the pedestal tonight, I can see the allure for building a real one of these. I couldn’t stop playing, I see how these worked in the bar, the promise of free beer, and the false sense your drunk reflexes could do it B-)

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

Well I got the tracings from aldiode and he did a great job thanks to him!

i didn’t get but a couple hours to work on the cabinet but did get sides, top and bottom and the pedestal built. Hope to have most of the cab built tomorrow. I T-molded the top and sides so that’s about it so far. I am using my bench and works well.

for IOS and Android

BorgDog
                                        Participant
                                          @borgdog
                                          MemberContributorvip

You are just not wasting any time are you.  You started on getting the mechanicals figured out yet?

randr
                                          Keymaster
                                            @randr
                                            ModeratorMember

Mechanics are not a problem I can make anything. The real problem will be the software.

i messed up the speaker grill and coin door are 6” lower then factory not sure how I did that but is staying that way. Nothing is sanded yet so don’t  pick it apart just yet :)

See photo

for IOS and Android

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 356 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?