X-Arcade Sale

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Drybonz
    Participant
      @drybonz

Hey guys… I don’t have a cabinet, but I play with two monitors on my desktop and use a modified X-Arcade tankstick as my controller.

The tanksticks are on sale right now for $129… usually $199.  I felt they needed some modification to suit me, but it was a good starting point, and especially at that sale price.  I really wish it had been that price when I bought one.

Anyway… the reason I mention it is because I know there are probably some other guys that, like me, can’t have a cabinet due to space/cost/time issues and might want something like this as an alternative.

Here’s a picture of mine… I added better joysticks, an arcade spinner and a pinscape inside.  It comes with two buttons on either side for flippers and nudging/magnasave, whatever.

Jesperpark
      Participant
        @jesperpark

Great Heads up.

I always thought a desktop version of a pinball machine would be a neat project.  Plunger, buttons, accelerometer for nudging.

I’ve seen a few like it, even could put a lockdown type bar across the top for that metal feel when playing

Drybonz
        Participant
          @drybonz

Yeah, I don’t think it could ever be as good as a cabinet, but it’s a nice alternative.  If you are into MAME, it’s a nice all-in-one solution too.

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

I have pinball in my bar top. It’s great. Accelerometer and all.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

STAT
            Participant
              @stefanaustria
              MemberContributor

Really cool Stick, always wanted to buy it, but then i build – and have a Arcade Cab since 2013 ( Pin Cab since 2014 )

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

this is my bartop

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
                Drybonz
                Participant
                  @drybonz

Those are sweet.

Jesperpark
                  Participant
                    @jesperpark

A buddy of mine makes these, uses the parts from and x arcade but makes everything else himself.  The top is a little bigger than the x arcade, then the stand is below which the top can be removed from.  He calls it a couch arcade as 2 people can sit at a couch and play.  You can either put a CPU in the bottom, or can put a pi into the top allowing it to be portable.

I like the bartop Randr, does not surprise me with your level of detail in building.  That lighting/gaming controller the wolf…. Does not seem to be available any longer, I like the lit up buttons with color matching for controllers I never had the desire to build with those until now… :wacko:  

F754BFF9-_3

Attachments:
                    Jodannar
                    Participant
                      @jodannar

Ive had most parts to build an arcade bar-top cab for the last year, but it keeps getting ignored. Aim is 2 players with an eventual dynamic marquee(maybe, i like fancy things). I keep going back and forth as to whether to use a pc or a pi. Any feedback? Sorry to derail thread

Drybonz
                      Participant
                        @drybonz

Derail away… that was all I had.    B-)

MnHotRod
                        Participant
                          @mnhotrod

RandR: Love your bartop. I’m new to this hobby. Had no idea so many consoles/devices could be played on (me coming into this) a “Mame Arcade”. Initially I hated the idea of having to learn so much about my original focus Visual Pinball. Now I find myself fascinated with how much more there is do do with these cabs. Way cool.

Jesperpark
                          Participant
                            @jesperpark

Hey what’s wrong with a little off topic, on certain topics like this at least.    I think we are all a little ADOS here,  Attention Deficit Oh Shiney  :wacko:

@mnhotrod If you are looking for a combination type pinball and arcade check out terry red machine listed in builds.  But yeah there is endless possibilities of emulators and designs out there  :bye:  

TerryRed
                              @terryred
                              MemberContributorModerator

Yah, I do have a somewhat…. mutant of a cab!  …and I love it!

wrd1972
                              Participant
                                @wrd1972
                                MembervipContributor

If anyone is interested for a custom build:

<<<FOR SALE (2) Ultimarc Mag-stick plus 4/8 way Joysticks $70 shipped…normally $100 new>>>

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

Stevo
                                Participant
                                  @stevo1911

Hey Drybonz, I have a similar setup.  40in for PF, 22in for BG and X-Arcade Tank Stick for controller.  Some day, I will build a cab.  You mentioned that you modified the x-arcade tank stick.  What did you modify/change?

arconovum
                                  Participant
                                    @nicholaschristopher
                                    MemberContributor

@stevo from the image it’s clear he changed the two joysticks, and added a spinner, this does not really affect the x-arcade IO card because they are all USB components,  but that being said he still could of swapped the IO card with an i-pac.

Drybonz
                                    Participant
                                      @drybonz

Yes… sorry for the slow response, but I added two Ultrastiks and a Turbo-Twist spinner… this is for arcade stuff, obviously.  They are all USB so I didn’t have to change the board, I just added a USB hub inside so that I only have one wire coming out of the box to the PC.  I also added a Pinscape inside for pinball nudging.

freelunch
                                      Participant
                                        @freelunch

I’ve considered getting an X-Arcade tankstick, but I didn’t even think about adding pinscape inside. This is a nice budget-friendly idea for me.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?