X-Men (Stern 2012) (FP -> VPX Conversion) (VPX Beta)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    freneticamnesic
      @freneticamnesic
      vipModeratorMember

Here’s one of my conversions, similar to Iron Man, Avatar, Tron, etc – Using the high quality resources and models from the FP version of tables and porting it to VPX, using the VP9 script. These are quick conversions, to give myself something to play with in VP10 (it helps doing things like this when you can often spend a month or more on a single table… keeps you sane)

In this instance, it’s using the fantastic resources and models from smoke’s FP table, one of the finer looking FP tables in a long time. Using 85vett’s VP9 script, converted for use in VPX.

X-Men (FP -> VPX Conversion)

Punch it!

Fulltilt
      Participant
        @fulltilt

Wow! ..was thinking of maybe getting some sleep, but now I think I will just go without !
        Looks pretty damm amazing :D

HauntFreaks
          @hauntfreaks
          vipContributorMember

looks great and plays just as well…. awesome job!

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

Can’t wait to test this out tonight. Thanks Freneticamnesic looks great from pics!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

Vinthar
            Participant
              @vinthar

Thanx, will test it tonight, looking great.
              Any plans for more conversions? Love your TFTC conversion. Personally I would love to see TWISTER an SHADOW converted this way.

freneticamnesic
                @freneticamnesic
                vipModeratorMember

I agree on The Shadow, but I think it deserves a complete rebuild so I’m hesitant to simply convert it.

Punch it!

robertms
                Participant
                  @mophead

Wow, is it just me or is this the best looking VP table ever? This is amazing Fren! Buttery smooth gameplay at full load multiball! :yahoo:

nate
                  Participant
                    @nodzebra

fren how many hours of work does it take to do a conversion like this? Importing the FP models and linking to vp script? and how much work for vp9>vpx table script?

There is a ton of awesome FP tables I would love to see converted and would love to help but i don’t have any real experience with VP or FP, I mean i can change basic things in the scripts when need to for my cab and things like that so im not total newb. I do have some limited programming experience pertaining only to web design and some 20 year old versions of visual basic but i have a beastly IQ and am no stranger to a computer. I know pinball and am a beta tester for farsight and ill do anything I can to help so considering my lack of experience as an author but being a not moron that can learn let me know if there is a way I can help you to move this process forward and get us all some vpx tables to play

gigalula
                    Participant
                      @gigalula

Wow look so nice :good:

freneticamnesic
                        @freneticamnesic
                        vipModeratorMember

fren how many hours of work does it take to do a conversion like this? Importing the FP models and linking to vp script? and how much work for vp9>vpx table script?

There is a ton of awesome FP tables I would love to see converted and would love to help but i don’t have any real experience with VP or FP, I mean i can change basic things in the scripts when need to for my cab and things like that so im not total newb. I do have some limited programming experience pertaining only to web design and some 20 year old versions of visual basic but i have a beastly IQ and am no stranger to a computer. I know pinball and am a beta tester for farsight and ill do anything I can to help so considering my lack of experience as an author but being a not moron that can learn let me know if there is a way I can help you to move this process forward and get us all some vpx tables to play

Takes a solid evening of work… not too bad compared to a full build, all the hard stuff has already been done by the FP builders and the VP9 script author. Importing and getting the table to look right only takes about 2 hours tops. Converting the script might take 2 hours. Then it’s a matter of getting everything to collide correctly etc. It’s easy after doing 1 or 2 because you get a routine. I am pretty picky about the tables I’ll convert… they could stand to be improved visually excluding the VP10 upgrade, the table isn’t too complicated (I started to do WCS but…yea) and obviously it has to be rom controlled to even consider it. Yea there’s a lot that could be done but some probably deserve the attention of a full build, like WCS…

Punch it!

Pinbolt
                        Participant
                          @pinbolt

Looks fantastic. Thank you fren.

Pinbolt
                          Participant
                            @pinbolt

Looks very good and the gameplay is top. My only problem with the table, I have noc music ans gamesounds, only the mechsounds(flipper, bumper) works.
                            I use the new VP 2290, is that the problem?
                            I test the old vp 9 version and this version works with music.

randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

maybe try deleting nvram? turnup volume maybe?

********************************************************
                              for IOS and Android

Pinbolt
                              Participant
                                @pinbolt

Thank you randr, delete the nv and it works. :good:

TNT2
                                Participant
                                  @tnt2

As always fren top-notch work.

nate
                                  Participant
                                    @nodzebra

man I’m a slacker I just now saw your response to that question, thank you for answering right away , I forgot to click notify via email for updates,. thanks for the info and I just read somewhere that you have some conversion tutorials floating around somewhere so I’m gonna try to track down those vids and give it a shot, if you could link me that would be great as I might get sidetracked before I find the howto vids!

and fren thanks for sharing your time and work with everybody its been fun to watch your progression since wwf I think was the first one of yours I saw and each and every table you have released since then has not only adhered to a seemingly very high visual standard but also an equally high playability standard.
                                    you have indeed come into your elemenet as what in my opinion defines an expert of their craft and this is just my personal definition of the word expert I often use with my glassblowing students and that definition is as follows as I have quoted myself verbatim: “to me what defines being an expert is to not only be a master of your craft and to posess great knowledge but to be able to diplomatically impart that wealth of knowledge to all students who seek it” Sorry if that sounds like some lame ass hippy crap but I feel like it pertains as much to programming/table authoring as it does borosilicate glass blowing because in both crafts a master will leave a legacy carried on by just as much what they made In their time but by who they made in their time as well. thanks buddy, keep up the good work and hopefully this didn’t bore anyone too badly. :good:

Ray
                                    Participant
                                      @vpfan

Anyone else having an issue with this table (beta 2409 at least)? When I lock the second ball for Magneto it seems to get stuck and starts scoring hits on him, 50,000 points rattling off constantly, with no end that I’ve seen (only let it run for 2-3 minutes. Anything I can do to correct on my end?

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

Im sure its caused by new vpx builds. not surprising really.

@freneticamnesic
                                        he can explain the fix or maybe if he has some free time could update the table?

for IOS and Android

PaSSion
                                        Participant
                                          @adrian

All these tables look Gr8 guys keep up the great work ! :good:

Rajo Joey
                                          Participant
                                            @joey2001

The table looks very good, but it doesn’t work for me, because “Line 116: game name not found”.

I download the le-rom and the pro-rom from the Stern-Page and test the game with both. Before I name the rom “xmen_151”.
                                            What’s the name for the bin-file in the rom?
                                            If I check the rom with vpinmame test, there is no entry for the rom. :wacko:

What am I doing wrong?

By the way: I have the same problem with the VP9-version. Some other Stern-pinballs are OK.

Thanks for your help. :good:

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 48 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?