This project started with that I wanted to try to make a table. I saw a request for resources from Kalavera for Algar and contacted him asking if he had received any and the status on his project. I decided then to just start and see where it would end. Some revisions later Kalavera had some updates to the playfield and then I decided that I should at least make a finished table for everyone to enjoy. So, files started flying over the internet between Norway and Argentina.
We are both novices and it shows. You will notice that some elements isn't aligned 100% with the playfield. The reason is that I refuse to make the table from the old playfield pictures and instead use the blueprints from the manual. How exact these are is a good question. After releasing this I have greater admiration for the work you 'real' authors do.
Algar is the big brother of Gorgar. I feel that the table itself hasn't been given the love that it deserves. We've provided a db2s and some wheel images to make it easier for you guys. But, you should know that Wildman has made a great db2s and there might be better wheels available too.
Special thanks goes to previous authors of this tables : Practicedummy, UncleWilly, LuvThatApex and Kristian.
Desktop background I stole from Batch. I'm sure he doesn't mind. Various other parts by Flupper, GtxJoe, Bord, Dark and possible someone I've forgotten. Sorry if that is the case. I even managed to make my own prims, Thank you Fren for the Youtube video.
This table is released, open for everyone to improve without asking for permissions from me or Kalavera. We would however appreciate if we got mentioned, but it is not a requirement.
Thank you Kalavera !
1.0 : Initial release
1.1 : Please note: This version requires 10.5 to work as expected.
- Some light changes by Hauntfreaks.
- More playfield cleanup, and new DT backdrop by Kalavera.
- Sidecab and back improvements for DT users by Batch.
- Awesome metal guide reflections and small changes here and there by Bord.
- Faster coil ramp-up requested by Stat.
- A few additional changes by Thalamus.
1.2 : Some SSF improvements.
1.2.1 : Forum user Vogliadicane added lights linked from the rom to the fill-in image.
1.2.2 : Updates from Kalavera.
1.3.3 : Different physics, now uses JPSalas low friction. Replaced post from Bord, not accurate, but closer to the used ones. Playfield mesh. LUT selector. Some light changes, fixed and improved shadows. Improved SSF sound. Playing around in blender without knowing what I'm doing - generally. And more I don't remember. Might be that someone likes it better, maybe it plays a bit too easy now.
- This topic has 59 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 6 days, 20 hours ago by .
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.