Bally's 1970 Double-Up, supposedly only 55 of these were produced. I got turned onto this table by a restoration going on at Pinside by Pecos (who also goes by Alan). I ended up deciding to take on my first playfield redraw in Illustrator with much help and advice from such characters as krugge99, hauntfreaks, bodydump, mfuegemann, and wrd1972 who was going through his first redraw as well and who's thread I hijacked Thanks All!
Pecos has been very helpful with additional photos, sound bites, and even a very nice written and video run through of the complete ruleset, I wish I had that much info for all my table builds. Be sure to check out his thread linked above (tells you how to play). He also provided some great feedback from a short gameplay video I provided him.
Hauntfreaks went above and beyond getting the backglass image from a low res dark image into something usable, getting the plastics cleaned up as well, and making me some nice primitives for these old school ball gate brackets. big thanks.
Enjoy, it's a fun but merciless table. Still things to tweak (always) and feedback is very welcome.
directb2s file is included hold down left flipper to access the options menu (thanks for the idea loserman76 and gnance)
FS settings in the table are for my cab which has the playfield in portrait mode, most of you will need to adjust the Backdrop settings.
latest built in 10.6 beta
2.01 - fixes
- saving high score initials(thanks @13gmr)
- tweaked plastics(thanks @bord).
2.0 - updates
- primitive playfield for more kick hole physics action and no reflection on top of holes, following @bord video tutorial
- new blender rendered shadows following another bord tutorial
- new primitive plastics, again with bord help
- updated option menu, now includes freeplay setting and new appropriate background
- updated a bunch of other minor stuff no one will probably notice
- download now included POV files for landscape and portrait to get you started
1.21 fixed trough issue for 10.5beta, should still be fine in older vpx as well.
1.2 a few minor updates
- begun by adding in bord's Bally kickarm
- saw there were no object, ball, or flipper shadows so added those
- wait, people really like the high score sticky tape with initals.. add
- hmm missing a few screws.. add
- did this before I started animating rubbers, did a few of the more visible
- might as well punch a few holes in the playfield while I'm here and add in primitive hole sides
- redid the backdrop and db2s a bit since high score now on tape piece
- modified the script a bit, options near the top for freeplay, ball and flipper shadows (too lazy to add to pop-up menu)
I think that's it, just one quick thing I say and it snowballs. There is always more, but this is enough for now, have others to do.
- This topic has 53 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 9 months, 3 weeks ago by .
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.