This is the solid state version of Dragon, Gottlieb also made this an EM version. When JP recently released his Charlie's Angels table I updated my spreadsheet of Gottlieb system 1 tables (yes I have a spreadsheet) and realized there was only one left that had not been done in VPX, the 1978 Dragon. I decided it was time to make it. Looked high and low for good resources, and ended up settling for ok resources, table image from vpf, backglass image from ipdb. Both of them I did some doctoring to and then my buddy hauntfreaks did more. but still can only do so much with so-so starts, so this is decidedly NOT a "4k" build. I did find some decent plastics images, not great but decent, so those helped.
One thing I did do new for this table is an improved vari-target primitive and animation. All the ones I'd seen in the past have been just a slide back of an object that is just above the playfield level (transx for those in the know). what I did is took that primitive and extended it below the table to an approximate distance to where the real one has a pivot point. I then redid the scripting for it so the vari-target actually rotates around that pivot point like the real one (rotx).
Big thanks to hauntfreaks for cleaning up and color fixing images for the playfield and the included db2s. Also big thanks to the ever busy bord for doing his fancy gi shadow treatment, much more detail then what I usually do. Thanks guys!
built in vpx.5 beta rev 3455
1.01 - fixed dof config, thanks @kds70
1.0 - updates via @bord.
- new plastics images done by bord via some guy Jon on facebook ;)
- Plastic scans from Pinball Unknown
- swapped in bord's new flipper primitives
- while everything is not perfectly lined up with the new plastics I decided to not mess with it until/unless I get a playfield scan to ensure accuracy. The plastics are more correct, but it plays well so I left it. most would probably not notice unless I had mentioned it.
- since @Blacksad released a much nicer db2s I removed my version from the download get his -> https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/dragon-gottlieb-1978-directb2s-db2s-b2s/
0.97 - DOF config fix/update by arngrim -- Thanks!
0.96 - updates. also forgot to mention that POV files for portrait and landscape are included in case you didn't notice. Thanks blacksad for the nice backglass image, I'll let someone else, cough @Hauntfreaks cough, make an update, my version still included.
- swapped in clearer text on the most visible shoot again
- removed old ball control script since new mouse method in latest beta
- made new big primitive wire rail near the star rollovers
- fixed instruction card name (thanks Lighthouse for catching)
- some other minor stuff I forget what
0.95 - initial release