Read the changelog, read the instructions, read rules top of script, get the PuPPack (link see Installation tab)!
Here comes my first and most likely only original table. It was built from scratch and I mean REALLY scratch (although it contains a lot of stolen parts from other tables . I started 8 months ago with an idea and no programming skills at all - really NONE. It cost me half a year of my lifetime, lots of nerves and almost all of my hair, but here it is. I hope you like it as much as I do (to be honest, its the best Pinball out there, trust me - at least one of the best surfing themed pinballs ...
Read the WIP-thread, if you want to know about the journey ( https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/the-endless-summer-original-dip-desaster-in-progress/ ).
Of course there are still some bugs/things that I will work on in the future (hopefully with some help of more experienced guys/gals), but for now I am a little tired of it...
- DOF – Arngrim gratefully added a slot for the Endless Summer table. I do not know much about „DOFing“ and my cab is poorly fitted with. Two solenoids for flippers, a gear motor and an old LED-strip (not addressable) is all I have…so if anyone wants to fill up the code and DOF configtool with DOF code – you are very welcome (up to now flippers, slingshots, gear motor and Undercab Lighting is used and working)
Ramp/Wireramp rolling sounds – I have tried with some soundfiles but there must be something I have missed. I have tried with „general“ rolling sounds, triggers and so on. I didnt get it working, but nothing I worry too much about. Most of the time I pump up the music volume anyway ;-)some more sounds are working, some dont, who cares?
- Blender ramps – right now there are VPX-ramps and cup only – I am fine with it. Without wearing glasses I do not see much difference anyways ;-). I have tried Blender several times but this programme causes me headaches, makes me nervous and angry. Some others like it and are able to produce things magically in virtually no time. Not me…
„A primitive wave“ – my idea was a breaking wave around the upper ramp. Great effect with relatively little effort (I thought) -just a plain cylindrical transparent tube rotating around the upper ramp when the ball is rolling down the ramp. Put an image of blue water with some foam (lip of the wave) at the frontend on it. Let it rotating coming directly out of the back wall… and let it disappear again. I managed to make a tube and putting an image to it. But I couldnt get the origin of the tube placed in the middle of the tube, so rotating always was weird… shouldnt be a big deal for someone knowing what he is doing…thx @bord for making me a primitive primitive ;-), now there is a breaking wave :-))), well not as spectacular as expected, still can be improved a lot...
- Multiplayer – as in times of Corona you should play single anyways… in fact, you can play with up to 4 players but I have not checked out much. I bet there are lots of bugs when playing with more than one player. I never focused on that and its probably a lot of work checking each and every variable and lightstate for its relevancy for multiplayer. So I recommend to play one player games only…on the other hand, if you can take it easy, it might add a lot of fun getting unpredictable advantages/disadvantages when playing multiplayer?
Start a new game – I have an outro running at the end of a game on the backglass, like the attract mode (which you can stop by pressing the start button). Right now you have to wait until the outro is finished before you can start a new game. Also be patient after entering a highscore.fixed I did not notice stutter although I have by no means a highend computer, so i guess it should run on any machine. Sometimes drain triggers are firing multiple times when they should do once only (you get an „echo-sound“ then and multiple light-sequences – not really critical at all). I guess I am using wrong type of triggers or sth…fixed - in very very rare circumstances a light sequences causes somewhat problems during drain, I dont know why, only happens when the ball drains very fast like a rocket...In very rare occasions the ball moves weird at the rubberposts at the outlanes (although I have set the height to 26 or so..)
There are also still many ways to pimp the graphics (playfield, targets, inserts and so on), and I have many more ideas like modes and a minigame and so on… maybe sometimes later…
I built this table for my cab, 3 screens. Hopefully it works on your machine, too. It requires UltraDMD, PuP and VPX 10.6. If not - bad luck - I really cannot help and I am really sorry. Maybe others can.
Thanks to all the guys that helped me, even if it was couraging words only.
Thanks to all the authors, coders, admins and developers of vpx - some of them are mentioned in the script, most of them I forgot to make me a note of when I copy&pasted parts of their code.
I do not know anything about copyrights. This peace of junk was made just for fun, no one should make money with it or parts of it. If I have done sth wrong, send me a note and I will take it off the servers.
OK, put on your wetsuit, wax your board and enter the line-up
(P.S.: Table rules on top of the script or just follow the lights..., but knowing the rules you get much more points and chances for extraballs!)
(P.P.S.: I am not responsible for your health issues caused by laughing to death when looking at the script!)
nothing special, you know all of that:
Table into tables folder
UltraDMD-folder in your tables folder
PuP-folder in your PuPVideos folder, get it here:
VPX 10.6 is recommended
update V0.9.2 - 20.05.2020
with the table comes a new ndlsmr.UltraDMD folder, replace your old one!
- variety is the better term than diversity, right?;-)
- variety counter fixed
- some more various DMD videos for bonuscount
- some DMD "issues" fixed
- bonus counts for loops, aerials, 360s bugs fixed
- edited the rules: endlesssummer-, skeetsurfing- and sexwaxfrenzymode-bonus is limited to 15 you'd better go surfing than fussin around! ;-)
- edited/changed songs for sexwaxfrenzymode
- some rare combination of modes caused crashing - fixed
- topper video @drains added
- added random bounce for rubbers and pins
- edited right ramp - ball stuck under gate should be history, hopefully
- best POV: make sure you see the black line on the wave at the backwall for full water experience ;-)
update v0.9a - 16.05.2020
- bonus multiplier bug fixed
update V0.9 - 15.05.2020
- you need the new V09-puppack! Link see "Installation" - mode added: Surfers Nightmare: to start, hit the 4 small targets used for skeetsurfin mode (starting any mode or drains resets the lights) - thanks @SLAMT1LT for the man in the grey suit - undercab lighting update - some credit bugs fixed - bonus bugs in surfmode fixed - lots of new sounds added/replaced - more songs - tons of new callouts thanks Tracy @naturalreaders - "lucky save" during multiball disabled - added a minimum of flipperlength - changed rubber physics (elasticity to 0.7 from 0.8, they were too bouncy for my taste) - switched board colors from wood to custom (real - rotatelanelights-bug fixed (remember, never leave undefined DOF-commands in the code...) - fonts/colors on backglass changed - added actual score and some other things on backglass - my dream has come true, a breaking wave: try to get barreled (thanks @bord for the primitive) - a secret cow! - some rules have changed, see top of the script - millions of other things changed & fixed if you can still find a bug - you´re wrong - it´s a feature ;-)
- best POV: make sure you can see a thin black line on the wave at the backwall for full water experience ;-)
- thats all I can do - heres the end of my never existed programming knowledge -what a journey...
I am really happy with the result and I dont care much about the cheap looking ramps - if you are experienced in blender and you are bored @home during corona - I wouldnt stop you ;)
I hope you have as lot of fun as I had during countless hours of testing and playing.
update V0.6 - 23.04.2020 - rails at apron - DOF undercab led lighting - more ball sounds - ramprollingsounds rightramp - player call outs bug deleted - credits bug deleted - possibility of stacking extraballs
update V0.5 - 13.04.2020
- deleted unused files and code,reduced vpx-filesize from 250MB to 50 MB(!) - sound and musicfiles shifted to puppack - PuPpack updated - balanced bonuspoints (bonusmultiplier *10) - table sound balancing thx @Thalamus - sound bonuscount corrected - sound wireramp - sound balldrop end of wireramp - sound ripcurl 'alarm' - bumpersound - award extraball if bonus=10 in any bonusmode - stop outro by flippers/start button - speed up bonus count (no show of zero bonus points) - new ball images to choose from - game difficulty up to 50 for more randomness (thx @ Thalamus for suggestion)
initial publish 03.04.2020 - V 0.4
- This topic has 35 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 6 days, 12 hours ago by .
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.